The IcYcLoUd TrAdInG SySteM

Just standard MT4 settings for now. Good Luck.

Hi! Nice, it would be appreciated!

This strategy is working very well for me and it is building back up my margin account. I had some big (to me anyways) drawdowns but since using this strategy this week I have regained about 25%. I don’t let a trade run because Oanda doesn’t have sound alerts so unless I’m sitting at the computer I won’t see a PSAR reversal. Good old fashioned TP & SL for now. This old dog can’t seem to learn MT4, a distinct disadvantage for trading forex. Again, thanks to all, I appreciate every post. d

Stopped out from my USD/JPY trade as expected due to weak ADX.
I’m in EUR/USD since yesterday… this one looks promising (up 70 pips).

Hi jomni,

You’re the first person in this forum that I’ve searched for & read that mentions using the ADX indicator, and what’s really weird about that is I just was reading up on it for the first time today too :eek:

Do you use it much? I can’t wait to use it with my trend and ranging strategies to see if helps them/me. :slight_smile:

I tried using it before as a trade entry and exit signal but it does not work well because it lags so much. But can be used as a clear filter as it shows the direction and strength of a trend.

Hi, please, coud you tell me if you are using the FXCM daily chart?

back from my chinese new year guys… been too bz recently again… =( This month wasnt a good month for this system i reckons… but neverthless, dun give up!!!

Its great that there are many helpful seniors and pros answering questions, sometimes, i think dat you all guys are more fimiliar with this system than myself!! :slight_smile: You guys are great! thanks

Last of all, happy trading and oh yeah, My country (Singapore) won the bid for youth olympics… Cheers! =X

Best Reg
Chin Liang

hi, this post must have been some time ago now, but the chart would have been the 4hr.

IcyCloud:
Thanks for the K.I.S.S. strategy; two simple indicators and one BIG rule - PSAR dot outside the BB. Can’t get any easier than this and I did well with it this past week. Thanks again, d.

Thanks a lot for your reply! I know that we have to use the 4hr chart, but FXCM doesn’t have it, are you still trading with FXCM? If yes, please could you tell me which chart you are using?

Closed EUR/USD at a profit today (66 pips).

But it looks like it’s shooting up again. Might get in if the PSAR goes outside the BB. We still have a decent uptrend as indicated by the Daily ADX.

FXCM does have the 4hr - Oanda doesn’t though, that just has the 3hr - is this what you meant?

If i were trading IcyCloud and wanted a free FXCM data feed to chart from, then I would probably use NetDania’s PowerChart.

I went long yesterday afternoon on the E/$ and closed it this am for +52 pips. Nice to make money while sleeping. PSAR signaled a reverse and I’m +6 pips so far. A good simple strategy. I use Oanda which only has a 3HR TF, not 4HR, and I don’t know if that helps or hurts this strategy but I’m doing well with real money so I will let someone else figure how that one hour difference affects this style. d

Edit: I violated a rule - the PSAR reversal was not outside the BB, in fact well within. I will have to monitor much closer than usual. d

That’s what I’m thinking as well. Using the BB filter lessens potentially good opportunities that my ADX filter still shows as valid.

Thanks a lot for your help, I am using MT4 4hr chart and it’s good.

I had tried to use this system for a few weeks but didn’t have very good results…missed some really good runs, and got faked out more times than not on the ones I did enter in…maybe just wasn’t a good time of the day/week/month, or whatever. :frowning:

Lately I’ve been playing around with the period number on some other indicators, so I thought “what if I changed the BB period number?” So after trying a few, it seems that 12 is a good number instead of 20 for the 4H …at least on my charts. Looking back across the charts now I see more PSAR dots starting outside of the BB’s for those good runs, and not really many fakeouts. :slight_smile:

So I’m going to give it another try and hopefully will report back with much better results. :wink:

Sweet Pip:
This is going so well for me that I am training myself to stay up at night until 23:00 hrs U.S. C.T. That’s Oanda’s daily close and I want to try the longer timeframe. The 3HR is going great too. Use the settings that Icy suggests and make sure the PSAR dot reversal is OUTSIDE the BB’s. I’m +48 pips on the L/$ right now and grabbed +52 p overnight. Patience, wait for the setup and you will win. Don’t mean to preach but this is a very good strategy. d

Dobro, you are right. I have done that on the daily also but be careful with the markets not trending because you will get whipsaws up the yang yang. gl

ozzy, I use a lot of Limit entries and usually at least 5 pips above/below the current price just to make sure an anticipated moves does in fact go in the direction of the trend. One great thing about this strategy is that when a PSAR dot shows a reversal, not only do you get out but you have an indicator for the next trade. Using a limit order beyond the current price will usually, but not always, insure it is headed in the right direction. d