The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Just trying to follow the mindset of a someone who’s made it… So if the setup ICT mentioned in the review does not materialize, then he doesn’t trade at all? My problem right now is definitely overtrading hence my question about trading more pairs. I feel like I’m spending a lot of time reading and watching videos just to sit on my hands in real time. I want to put in volume so I have a good sample size to test whether I’m a profitable trader or not, yet I can’t force trading. So how do I go about this?

By spending months, possibly years perfecting your trading. There’s no other way. No shortcuts.

Just went long EU at 1.3385.

78% retracement from Friday low to high. Proximity to today’s s1 level. Bullish divergence between eu and gu. Also 80 inst level (1.3382 accounting for spread).

Also anticipating Friday Asian high to act as support here.

Depending on movement. May hold this one for weekly range.

Went long at LO. This was the first time I got up for LO and my first live trade of 2012. Ended in a 2% loss but no biggie. I will be back tonight cutting risk in half to 1%

[QUOTE=LearninToPimpPips;326838]Just went long EU at 1.3385.

78% retracement from Friday low to high. Proximity to today’s s1 level. Bullish divergence between eu and gu. Also 80 inst level (1.3382 accounting for spread).

Also anticipating Friday Asian high to act as support here.

Depending on movement. May hold this one for weekly range./QUOTE]

Your a brave man LTPP :slight_smile:

I know we’ve hit the ADR for the day and four pivots but as we didn’t see any sort of retracement at NYO i was thinking it was quite a strong move down

HI LearninToPimpPips,

I agree with you, just one thing i don’t get it. How u check the bullish divergence between eu and gu??? PLease advise.
Thanks.:slight_smile:

The Eu is making lower lows while the Gu is not. Pound is stalling on the mid pivot.

Also note USD divergence.

Great intro video fellow pro trader! Wish you the very best successes!! :slight_smile:

[B][U][I]ProsperityFXPro[/I][/U][/B]

Went also long on the eur/usd just before the candle closed at 1.3385…How long do you guys think it will move up.Maybe as ICT mentioned 1.3540 and then 1.3650…if this was the low for the week ?

Ya right man, thanks fury.

Also took a LO Fiber long and lost 20 pips on that. Was watching the NY long at 3370, S1 level but trying to be patient and not chase losses. Lock and load for LO tomorrow.

I took this also with a slightly higher entry. Wasn’t expecting it to sweep down to below the 24/2 asian range so set stop los too high (just below S1 support pivot) and was stopped out for -30 pips.

Quick question regarding Market Structure using the Daily chart as I am a little confused. I am trying to figure out if I should either use a typical MT4 Fractal for a swing (5 bars) to determine if better to look for shorts or longs the next day or use a 3 bar swing (Power of 3 video) to look for shorts or longs the next day. I am currently trying to compare both methods to see which one works best for me.

I am very surprised at the amount of people looking to go long into LO. Maybe thats why it didnt pan out. I was looking for a short the whole time and realized too late I missed my opportunity and went to bed. I woke up and went long Fiber at the tail end of NYO, I have very minimal risk on and since the stop is at break even I will just let ride for weekly range. Might move stop to be +10 if it gets anywhere appreciable just for piece of mind.

My basis for a short into LO. We were sitting at a profit taking extension after 2 big days up. Observing the azn session, the cable was make higher highs and I saw this as accumulating to push it down. I was very aware of ICTs noted 1.3500 and was really hoping i could short after azn session highs were taken out.

Watching price live it just never wanted to go up. During LO the cable was dead and once the Fiber spiked I just didnt feel it went high enough to short from so I missed the opportunity and went to sleep. Was rather disheartened from no trade, but when I got up late NY and into LC I just saw an opportunity and went with it. I dont even think it took me 5mins, I didnt write anything down, but from the pieces my mind had gathered I took it.

I told myself I wouldn’t chase price and I didnt in LO, happy with that. Last month I was down ~12 dollars on my 1750 account, but I wasnt fully focused on trading because of two exams and other things. I will be recording my results starting this month where it is time to lock and load. I think I will be exclusive to the LO, I find it impossible to stay up all night with the charts and hate getting 3hrs of sleep then waking up for NYO. I guess I just have to adjust and find an appropriate schedule.

-30 Cable LO, +30 Fiber NYO = 0
Oh well. I guess we were all thrown off.

I sat out today because my bias was long, but after a strong move up I didn’t want to get caught in a pull back. I had considered throwing in a pending order with low risk for a bounce off Friday’s asian session/S1/80 inst figure, looks like it would have worked but there just wasn’t enough of a stacked deck for me to take the risk.

There’s also a divergence between USDX and Fiber Overlay. What that means… I don’t know :slight_smile:

edit: In price terms, it means the Fiber went lower in price than USDX. This could mean that it’s a weaker currency, that there’s a bullish divergence, and that it may be oversold in comparison.

Thanks for your thoughts on the LO move. I missed LO open all together and the move was well underway when I was able to connect. I would love to hear from you guys about what would have been the proper entry technique to get into that move. I see the OTE when using last fridays high, but it includes the weekend and the gap (sketchy for me). Also the bounce off of the daily M3 (if my indicator is set up right). Would that have been enough, along with the bias you speak of Fury? I’m limited on my ICT tools, and i just wanted to understand what entry technique unfolded if any.
Thanks in advance.

I think it would have been tough to go short during LO on the Fiber today. As you point out, there was a confluence of the AR high and 78% retracement from the AR low to Fri high. As well as the MR1 pivot level. But I think most would have been looking for Judas swing above the AR for opportunities to go short. I addition, this was in the sell zone of the TT.

In hindsight, clearly going short at the AR high would have been profitable. But that isn’t as high of a probability trade that most of us would have looked for. Even with those confluences, I think most would have been more comfortable waiting for a swing above the AR to feel more comfortable. If the above confluences would have been 20 pips above the AR…I bet a lot of us would have gone short.

Thanks for that, I guess it was not that clear since most were thinking long. I just need to keep plugging away on the different tools that Michael has put forth and continue to put it all together. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. Good luck