The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Has anyone found a program we can use with ict’s overlays? I haven’t been able to find one… Maybe it would be easier to use projector sheet printouts?

We could do with a few more people like fredy fresh on this thread.

I came across a indy that loads upcoming calendar news from forex factory on your MT4 charts called “FFCal Headlines.ex4”.

Haven’t used it a whole lot but seems to work.

Maybe this will help- I am on the same page as you - and so I will target 1 of a couple of specific trades - - I have found it way to difficult to say what you say - and stick to it WITHOUT this thought.
I am going to trade 1 or 2 trades a week - - -just is not specific enough . . .
I’ve added this to the statement and it makes a world of difference for me (although you did use stalk, so maybe you already have a plan)
Ok- my statement:
I am only going to make 1 or 2 trades per pair this week and those trades will be either the weekly high/low that sometimes forms on tues/wed timeframe or the thurs/friday retrace of the weeks activities.
(I have only two specific times and places I am looking - if I don’t see them, I don’t trade)

Note the date and time of this post - no need for calendars - Wiltons, good call.

[QUOTE=FredFresh;367574
we didn’t when or how rapidly it would come, and we didn’t know it will be triggered through a euro bail out… but it was pretty obvious that this tremendous pocket of stops at around 1.2430 was too tempting for the big guys to leave on the table.
[/QUOTE]

And who are these big guys?

Hi arjfca

Michael covers it in this market review video.
http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-daytrading/43211-inner-circle-traders-millionaire-traders-guild-208.html#post362264

IyaJenkei, I use Forex Factory, Forex Factory, for news events.
I start everyday by checking this to make sure I won’t have any surprises there. I used to forget this and get blown out of trades by surprises in news releases. So I have included this in my trading check list before each day and before entering any trades.

Regards,
Dingalo

So the fiber will be in an uptrend for a bit…but how long will that last? They didn’t solve any problems just postponed it again like politicians do…also the US economy is doing Uhh…better? Not great or anything and it’s probably not permanent but I’ve read reports of automobile sales rising…was that jump a temporary boost for the overall downtrend? Or was it a meaningful turnaround?

Who knows it may be like the great depression where the banks claimed they were going to bail out everyone and when they did, it rose, but it was only temporary until they just decided to cut their losses and pull out.

Hey IyaJenkei,

Check out forexfactory.com

It has a pretty solid calendar of all news releases coming up the following week. I usually take a scroll through every Sunday and then in the evening (EST) as I’m preparing for LO, just so I know what to expect for news releases. That is for a heads up on what’s coming and the basics surround the news item. If you want more in depth coverage of the news, etc there are probably some here that can suggest some decent sites.

The crazy things is I actually caught most of the first portion. Sadly I gave it all back trying to catch a move to R2 which it did… later. I was a little disgusted because I blew a two week profit streak, hit three profit targets for the week, and was at one point banked 250+ pips for the week. Overconfidence is a killer boys. I end up getting chewed up trying to scalp in that madness, dumb move… for that I deserved to get diced up with the rest the street money.

What did I learn?
Once you make your weekly goal, get up and walk away from the table. It is alright to come back later just do your celebrating somewhere else -(self)-.

It only takes one rookie move to derail that money train.

Next Week’s Goals:
Work on sticking to my trading plan, no unnecessary risks… ie… Forth of July, Non Farm Payroll, Over-trading, Revenge trading, Chasing price, and buying long or selling short at fare market value without a good reason.

Keep a cool head… if it’s not methodical or a logical trade setup… I don’t want it. It doesn’t fit my personality. Even scalps can be logical, just not during the Euro Summit.

I hope that this is encouraging to someone. Well, at least it helps me keep myself accountable.

Cheers…

Content Change:
NFP is this next week or this week if you count Sunday as the first day.
Forth of July Holiday

I was short on the AUD/USD Friday during the Asian trading session. I was watching the Hang Seng because I trade stocks mostly and am learning forex. Then I saw the Hand Seng start to rise. Then it started to go [B]vertical[/B] :15:

I had to scramble to close my short positions and then go long.

I missed most of the run and those short positions cost me but all up I was happy.

Friday was quite a day and the above picture describes the events well.

My bias next week for the GBP/USD is Long. The commercial trader positions are 56% long and 44% short. The non-commercial position are 51% short and 49% long. However the non commercials have decreased their shorts by 26% and increased their longs by 10%. Commercials have decreased their longs by 13% and increase their shorts by 11%. Also according to the seasonal chart for the GBP/USD from seasonal-charts.com the Pound usually increases in value throughout July. Also in July the USDX tends to go down. And then there’s this…

EDIT: cant see it to well lol anyway there’s my analysis what do you guys think? its cool to beat me up id rather you tell me im wrong and learn that let me continue in stupidity :smiley: thanx for any feedback

At least you got some of the move. To me that is more important than being right. I think I forgot to mention above I was long on AUD/USD Friday actually late Thursday.

Welcome to Forex. I’m still a stock trader myself. Until I reach my initial goal of 100% return in Forex, this will always be small potatoes in comparison to my stock portfolio. To me that’s the smart thing to do, learn to tread water in the shallow end first before I even think about swimming the English Channel. I’m no Micheal Phelps, but he is close to retirement. I would be content with the bronze millionaire title.

Cheers.

Hello to all of you pipsters in babypips land,

I have a question for everyone and am hoping that you will lend me some help or advice in as much as you have available to share.

I am in search of a Broker, I have looked at the link here on babypips and as I appreciate the efforts for those who have put it together I believe it is a short list of a longer list. For instance, I do not see IBFX on that list and have seen it passed around a bit.

I have a list of what is important to me. If you can think of other qualities then please throw those in as well. I am new to this and have found all of my brothers and sisters here a very welcoming group of people. So I would like to thank you all in advance for this help. I hope it will serve to help others in the future as well.

Criteria:

1. Honest, the ability to withdraw funds as easy as it is to deposit them.
  2. Use the MT4 platform
  3. Allow Nano lots
  4. Reasonable spreads or at least competitive
  5. Not a USA broker!

Thanks in advance,

Your Forex Brother

BE COOL STAY IN SCHOOL

Based on your criterias, I would say Oanda maybe a broker you’d like.

Forex Trading | Currency Trading | OANDA fxTrade

Execution on MT4 is a little bit slower than on their prop platform, but you could use their prop for trading and MT4 for charting. :slight_smile:

Thanks Brother! or Sister! I appreciate you immensely.

Oanda is definitely on my short list.

BE COOL,STAY IN SCHOOL!

if I remember correctly Akeakamai has a bit of a problem with Oanda. Am I correct or am I remembering this incorrectly?

thanks

it’s only a problem if you live in Alberta

Right on Brother! I hope you are hanging tough man!

BE COOL STAY IN SCHOOL!!!