The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

If you look through my previous posts you’ll see the trade being talked about before. Obviously yesterday the 3 sisters went out of sync and this helped to confirm it was time to go long.

Say a thank you to the European leaders.

here is an example of a reflection within an OTE, on a large scale. getting good at spotting the patterns in hindsight, but a bit too late to make money on this one. Patience Patience Patience and you will be rewarded.

there was also a smaller OTE on the fiber at a key level 1.2620, but i didn’t bother post a chart as i thought it was pretty obvious to everyone. …hope someone makes some money from one of these.

I jumped in between the two previous daily highs for a turtle soup and had a half hour of pain as it blasted through the figure… In hindsight that reflection pattern is pip perfect!! Need to learn to not jump in so quickly at LO.

Currently short fiber… Risk free atm…

Pretty much same setup as yesterday… Today did look a bit intimidating if im honest, with such a large move even before LO… But the setup was clean…

• Time of day
  • Bearish SMT Divergence (fiber failing to make higher highs)
  • 1H Overbought stoch & Divergence
  • Reaction off key HTF level, took the OTE at the 1.26 fig
  • Pivot Sell Zone

Took 1% position, and 50% came off at 35 pips, the swing low of where i drew my OTE… SL is at BE and holding for my final TP at the 1.251 small round number and 200 ext off my draw OTE fib… Not really sure how far we can get down today since the move this morning, anyway, going to try and play conservatively… If trade can hit my TP ill be more than happy to leave anything else on the table…

Will post end of week stats when im home from work…

:57:

Hi Guys,

I went long yesterday on the cable. You may have seen my post where I was talking about the possible upswing.
Entered at 1.5510 (a bit to late for my taste, would have liked to enter at around 1.5500 area)
Closed it early morning GMT at 1.5609.
Reasons for entry, pivot buy zone, Trinity buy zone, 1.5500 support, Seasonal tendencies showing possible long, COT data showing long for commercials. Also the Fiber managed to raid some pockets there from the beginning of the month which was a good indication that we would see an upswing once those pockets were cleared.

I didn’t expect that type of action but I was quite convinced it would go up slowly but surely.
But I’m happy with the trade and the two trades I made yesterday, one of them was the reflection trade I posted about.
164 pips in the pocket for the last 24 hours so I’m calling it good for this week.

Take care out there guys and enjoy your weekend.

Dingalo

Lost a trade today! I’m actually happy about it i’ll explain why.

I entered a sell on GBPUSD at 1.5616.

COT data appeared to be at the beginning of a move towards sell over the last week with that mini peak shown in the COT video.
USDX was not near or around resistances that could oppose the trade. USDX was in an area i would call “Risk Off” for currency trading as shown in one video.
No Lower lows on the Bonds to indicate a change to the higher just yet.
COT commercials were still net long though.
Quarterly Bias was short too.

So on the macro market level and trade anticipation front I was looking to sell above Asian session lows.

The trade then opened up. The large move up hit the 100% retrace of the previous move, the high of the week which often acts as resistance. The 1h stock was overbought and price was in the sell pivot zone. i confirmed with the SMT divergence of EURUSD and GBPUSD. Then checked the USDX to confirm that GBPUSD was the pair to target. SMT Divergences were my confirmation to take the shot.

Price started to move down over 20 pips. I set my entry for OTE for the london open.

The order was made and soon stopped out as prices moved higher.

2% risked and a standard 30 pip stop loss was used.

I am happy with this trade though because I followed the plan. It just hammers home the idea that this is not a 100% accurate method. No method is ever 100% accurate or even close. This is a psychological win for me because I am not looking over the chart in a panic pulling my hair out wondering just what went wrong.

Before using the tools in these threads, and I lost a trade I would be throwing trend lines S&R lines all over my charts to make my loss have a reason. Eventually I would find some peak somewhere and say “Ah that makes sense should have spotted that!” This loss is not like that. I don’t care! I’m cool with it. I could find a reason or explanation but it doesn’t matter, I am not trying to analyse why every move happened and why. I want to keep anticipating OTE’s to exploit the market for profit.

tldr;
Lost a trade did nothing wrong. Good execution, good risk, good entry but lost the trade.

while I expect price to reach 1.2730 to gun the stops up there (and possibly go higher) I decided to close shop for this week.
I took off my last 1/3 of the initial position at +240 pips. This little trade made me 6.92% :wink:

This week:
4 trades: 2 winners, one loser, and one break even

This month (june):
7 trades: 5 winners, one loser, one break even for a total of + 20.36% ROI
patience issues are getting better each month, and other psychological issues are also slowly getting better one by one… technical analysis is also steadily improving. It definitely is heading in the right direction…

My ultimate (and secret) goal in forex is to achieve a steady doubling of account once or twice each year.
It is kind of a secret wish (except to you, my forex family) because most of my surrounding would laugh at me if I’d tell them I’m trying to achieve 200% returns each year… and I don’t blame them, since top hedge funds are considered amazingly successful by delivering 30% annual returns…and I am quite convinced that those hedge funds employ janitors that are smarter than me;)
And don’t get me wrong… I am still very very far from achieving even 30% annually with real money… BUT it shows me once again that ICTs tools are working, my time invested on here isn’t completely wasted, and most importantly: I know it is possible to achieve those results… Trading-Self-Esteem is growing slowly but steadily… the plunge to go live is coming closer and closer!

have an amazing weekend y’all!
fredy

I just watched an old livestream from 5th of May where the hidden OTE was introduced. ICT stated in that vid that the first of the trade development series was being posted the following day. My question is - have these videos been on youtube and then removed as I can see dead links on the first page of the thread. If this isn’t the case have I missed an update as to what to expect in terms of release date with these videos?
ICT, I am extremely grateful for all you have done so far and am learning more and more each day so please don’t read this as any kind of expectancy of you to give more than you have already. I can’t believe you have given us what you have so far and all for no monetary gain.
But if I have missed these videos I will be mortified!

Oh and a huge thanks to ClarkFX for the torrent of all the old ICT material. (Including the images of the various patterns - nice touch!!)

My end of week stats are huge you guys will never believe me. I made 0 trades for 0 losses. My gains were so big my account balance had to reset itself and wound up right back where it started. :slight_smile:

To sloppy for me to much going on so I sat this week on the sidelines. Aussie went up up and away after rejecting pairty. Going to present some decent shorts soon just not today. I think I am going to stick to my roots right now which is trading higher time frames with entry on lower time frames. I think I got carried away a couple weeks back. This way I have far less trades but they go for far better returns. I will play around with London Open on the cable and fiber here soon we will see. Have a great weekend everyone

Good job on the manual.
cheers

Agreed excellent job. I think this will be a huge help to new comers.

you kno just when i start doing real good. news events get me everytime…this is what happened last time when i quit trading. but this time im not quitting. any good websites i could go to, to keep up with this stuff? didnt lose much btw only $10 lol but it was 200 pips in the wrong direction from where i thought it was going. would have been more but i caught the down and took some profit there…i expected that to be a judas lol o well you trade and learn…and im not giving up.

EDIT: its actually an unrealized loss right now i really dont see the price staying up there

I like Economic Calendar - Forexpros

I use this, it places an icon at the time of the news on your chart and you customise it to just show news relevant to that pair and only of major importance. One of the versions actually auto-installs.

Plot News indicator (version 3.0) @ Forex Factory

Hope this helps

Way to finish out the month! Good job!

Congrat

Question: What is reflection trade?.. A newby question, but still…

A good week end to all.

Martin :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ridethetrend and bobmaninc. I hope no newcomers see this as a chance to skip the videos. For myself, it’s supposed to be a supplement to them. ICT’s videos are the gold.

EJ

forex factory has a nice calendar at Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory
you still won’t know what the releases will actually reveal… but using ICTs methods you won’t need to know as technical analysis will still hold up. I’m also a newbie and among many here saw this one coming from a mile away… we didn’t when or how rapidly it would come, and we didn’t know it will be triggered through a euro bail out… but it was pretty obvious that this tremendous pocket of stops at around 1.2430 was too tempting for the big guys to leave on the table.

I’m also still in my forex infancy and have still a lifetime of learning to do…
just keep studying ICTs material and get your chart time in… you will see improvements each week… and someday, hopefully we are at a similar level than the chief rocker mike himself!

good luck
and I hope the link is helpful
cheers

Ok next week goal gonna put this out there on my tread also but I kno more people see this :-D…

2 trades MAX (if I get one profitable I’m done)
If I get 2 negative I’m done

Gonna stalk a trade more make sure more tools are lined up in my favor…

50 pips is all I’m looking for this week nothing big but nothing small.

Homework from ICT from april last year lol…and I’ll post my log at the end of the week so be looking lol. Trying to discipline myself.