The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Enjoy!
Weekly update is especially handy

I noticed that you are missing retail trader data. Plus your doc is locked. Looks like everything is right besides the missing retail data. You donā€™t need much.

Cheers

Thanks JavaPro, I just sent you an email. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tommy

Thanks! Theyā€™re chart is better than mine. Good thing it didnā€™t take me too long to make mine.

The Short Format report from the CFTC site doesnt have retails broken out. Itā€™s lumped in with the non-commercials so thatā€™s the best I could do I think.

Thanks for responding

Ok, but those lines are from the high/low of the candle which forms a swing point. I thought they would be obvious points for resitance/support? Are you saying they are not as relevant as other factors, ie the number of times a line touches?

Right they are relevant but donā€™t hold as much weight as ones that get touched over an over

I would have moved the top red line down to the high of the body of the red candle you have it on. I would also take out the 1st 2nd 5th and 6th yellow lines

You can always get it from the horses mouth.

Commitments of Traders - CFTC

Scroll down to Current Legacy Reports --> Chicago Mercantile Exchange - Long Format (Futures Only) --> Look for British Pound Sterling and Euro FX (Middle of the Page)

or

Click --> Commitments of Traders - Historical Viewable --> Pick & Click --> Year - Month - Date of Report --> Chicago Mercantile Exchange - Long Format (Futures Only) --> Find Currency.

or

Click --> Commitments of Traders - Historical Compressed --> Traders in Financial Futures; Futures Only Reports --> Pick Year and click to download Zip with Excel doc --> Open and find Data (large amount of data to sort through) --> Select all (Ctrl-A) --> Sort & Filter - Custom Sort --> Sort by Date (Column Pull-down = Report_Date_as_MM_DD_YYYY --> Newest to Oldest --> Find Data

Sorry this is a little over the top but the info is helpful.

Cheers.

hi all
there are many concepts in the inner circle trader videos.which one is the most used? which concept should i focus on

Support/resistance in combination with optimal trade entry and market flow/structure. Focus on these three things, learn it, love it, master it.

Hello

Market flow / Structure? I have asked the question previously, but still this concept is not clear. My English is not perfect. Could you give me a little sentence that describe both concept

Thank you

Martin :slight_smile:

Martin Iā€™m not an expert but from what Iā€™ve gathered market flow is te direction the market is moving up or downā€¦you determine in by looking at swing points made on higher time frames like monthly weekly daily and 4H. Hope that helps some maybe someone else could give a better amswer

You are pretty close. I will not try to go deeper as I will just confuse people more. Most here look at market flow on the 4hr. Me myself I do not use market flow. I use higher timeframe (daily mainly) S/R. Then toss in OTE, Traders trinity, Pivots, and SMT when it shows up for me. I consider SMT divergence between the Aussie, Kiwi and USDX nothing less. Anything else is just divergence but still nees to be looked at. I also like to see my pairs go in sync with the cable and fiber which has faltered as of late but when all are in sync its good times. I dont like fractals to much as by the time one forms most of the time price is stalling on the Aussie and I will either have to sit through a drawdown or stop out. Not saying the Cable and Fiber will not be a good pair to use it on. I just dont have good luck with it. I will stick to picking tops at tops and bottoms at bottoms as I tend to be really good at it

You forgot the key thing which is HTF Analysis / Top Down, bonds, COT, DX correlations and divergences.

There is a short thread that explains these concepts, with links to the ICT videos that deal with these concepts.

Hereā€¦
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/45248-ict-market-flow-structure-help-please.html

Hi Guys

Anyone else going long fiber?

First up we got the daily euro chart - Price breached just below the low made on 1 June which seems to have held. Im anticipating a swing low will be formed.

Next we got a 30 min chart. I like the small higher high OTEā€™s coming at the significant support level of 1.2280ish. Like FXTraderCro stated (even though we are looking to do diff trades) earlier there is a really clean level at 1.2400 which i think price will go to.

Lets see if price goes thereā€¦

GLGT

Update: Stopped out.

I had the same problem. Have a look at this thread FxTraderCro did a great job explaining market flow & market structure concepts.

How do you guys handle closing your partial profit points? Iā€™m short cable and my TP1 has been hit [B]twice[/B] today and Iā€™ve missed it [B]both[/B] times because I was either asleep or away from the computer.

My first thought is to create two positions:
[ol]
[li]Buy/Sell at market and set SL at predefined level, and TP @ TP1
[/li][li]Pending position at TP1 of first position. Set SL at buy/sell price of first position, and TP @ TP2
[/li][/ol]

My gut feel about this is that itā€™s cumbersome, and I feel like I may be getting caught double for spreads.

In my opinion this is completely wrong. You should place two positions at the same time that you buy or sell. E.g you would place two orders - order 1 @ 70% of your total position and order 2 @ 30%.
Then, when you get to TP1 close order 1 and allow order 2 to run.

Surely this requires even more manual management? Trade 1 SL will be at the predefined SL point, but Trade 2 SL should be at breakeven, which would be triggered straight away.

If we have to set Trade 2 SL and manually move to BE later then we might as well just manage 1 trade and close parts of it as required.

Iā€™ve just noticed an omission from my first post that may be misleading; the Trade 2 pending position wonā€™t be full size but whatever % of the full position that should be left to run.

Say for example we open 100% of a position at some point, taking 50% off after 30 pips.
30 pip target is reached:

If we manually manage the position, we close 50% of the position and move stop to BE.
If we automatically manage the position 100% of the trade is closed, and a new trade is opened with 50% of the size and stop at Trade 1 BE.

The only issue Iā€™m seeing is factoring in spread

Hi Wiltons
There was an EA going around some months ago that would allow you to take partial profits on your positions (assuming you are utilizing MT4). Try a search to find it on this thread or ICTā€™s other thread in newbie island. I donā€™t use it myself, but I have it downloaded so if you cannot find it let me know and I will send it to you when I get home from work.