The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

thx for the reply purplepatchforex.

one question though. i tought today was a sell day.

1. since it comes to an daily OTE
  2. it made a swing high on the daily

i thought it was gonna retrace down.what did i miss? help please.thx

Here you go for the 80 20 levels and more. I donā€™t remember who programed it. But I use it and it works great.

You could probably find the author on the last thread.

BigNumbers.zip (8.32 KB)

Sammy welcome to the brood! :wink:

Congratulations! Now the best advice I can give you right now is to experience the Trade yourself. Allow nothing external to influence your Trade and itā€™s termination. You got into that carā€¦ you drive it. You canā€™t learn with external influences jarring your choices. It might seem counterproductive reading thisā€¦ but trust meā€¦ I know itā€™s the Truth.

Let us know how it pans out!

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Which pair?

But I think the answer to both GBP and EURUSD, is market structure is bullish, the swing high broke the previous high.

Which pair?

But I think the answer to both GBP and EURUSD, is market structure is bullish, the swing high broke the previous high.

it was the EUR.
i think thatā€™s the answer for my confusion. i need to go back to the videos.
thanks purplepatchforex.

not very happy about my performance yesterdayā€¦ but today is a new day.

What gets me today is the following:
If I look at the pairs individually
Iā€™m bullish on cable and I see a type 2 divergence at H1 BUT
I am seing strong bearish signals for fiber with a bearish grail (grail with multiple type 2 divergences)
Hope price action in text hours will get my out of this dilemma and provides me some extra confidence;)

happy hunting
cheers

Itā€™s only a dilemma if you make it a dilemma, wait for the market to come to you, only trade clarity.

@Tansen

My apologies, I wasnā€™t very clear.

I got in on GU at 1.5777 with a 30 pip stop. Due to working 6 am to 5 pm EDT I wasnā€™t able to actively manage my trade. Any ways I took profit (50% of my position) at 1.5825 which is 51 pips. I then moved my stop up past my entry 8 pips, from 1.5777 to 1.5785.

As far as risk I keep it around 1% with a 30 pips stop. This is just the first time Iā€™ve used this philosophy.

what is VPN? also something i;ve been thinking about. all these stops under that trendline you kno people are drawing

I donā€™t want to hijack this thread too much;)
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
there are several service providers for VPN out there for a small feeā€¦
Basically, when VPN is turned on, it reroutes your Internet connection through several servers all over the world (depending on your settings) and it makes it alot harder for people to track your connections and alot harder for anybody to trace youā€¦
so lets say you are Physically trading in London, your broker or anyone else watching your connections, will believe you are in Moscow, Sydney or wherever, depending on your settingsā€¦
Its a great enhancement to your arsenal of security.
(It can even be used for example, to trick Netflix to think that you are in the USA, allowing you to use their service from anywhere on the globeā€¦)

Just search for VPN on google and youā€™ll find all the info youā€™ll ever need;)

Now to bring this post back on topic:

I did get triggered at 1.5807, waiting to move SL to BE. Currently at +13 pips

happy hunting
cheers

Horrible day yesterday ā€¦ today probably much the same ā€¦ took a very small position short @ 1.2570ā€¦ smaller TF OTE confluence of Fridays Asian highā€¦I watched ICTā€™s Mkt Review and aware of the consolidation @ the 90%ā€¦My thesis could be over before I finish posting this ā€¦ :slight_smile:

Ah ok I know what that is didnā€™t know what it was called lol Thanx tho FredFresh Iā€™ll look into it.

Ok, todayā€™s trade was nearly a no brainer, weā€™ve had a long move then you trade off of support, easy peasy lemon squeezy, itā€™s high probability in the first place, but when you put the rest of it together it makes it the nearest thing to a dead cert you can get in Forex.

Been going through all the material and im really really overwhelmed with the info provided. Anyways, i have a doubt.

1. We buy only in buy zone ( which is under the pivot level ) and sell in sell zone (which is above the pivot zone ). So, do we ignore all the buy signals that form above Pivot zone and vice versa for sell ?

You need to demand more from your buys in a sell zone and vice-versa for sells in a buy zone. I take that as the need to look for extra confluence at certain price points, particularly support and resistance levels.

PPF, do you mind if I ask where you get that session volume data fromā€¦presumably itā€™s from your brokerā€™s order bookā€¦? Itā€™s just that I canā€™t see how volume can be recorded for such an entire large market like forex.

Sorry I donā€™t want to derail the thread with that issue, itā€™s been discussed in depth on volume threads.

Hey PPFX, that chart looks uncannily familiar! :59:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/46610-trading-confluence-petefader-5.html

less than 10 minutes between our posts!! Can you tell where weā€™ve both been studying?

Like I said in my post, itā€™s pretty much a no brainer.

ok, a little bit of follow-up on how this one endedā€¦ initially short at 2553 with stop at 2570, then market found support at prior day high once, on second bounce i scrapped the R1 target and bought back half position for a 12 pip gain. That reduced exposure to half and allowed to extend stop from 17 pips to 34, then borrowed 5 from the the 12 gained, and placed a stop at 2592 for OTE new stop above the high of the large swing. I held overnight, and being aware some of these things are not proper ICT method, but thats what i did, feeling the trade was really based on my understanding of ICT teachings, with OTE, and pivots and time zones.

in retrospect, i learned that all that extra work was not necessary :)) because NY open did give another ote long which i didnā€™t take, and London open this morning gave the OTE short at better price 2565. Waiting for the ote and market structure is a much nicer, calmer way of trading and thatā€™s an awesome gift - thanks ICT!

short closed at central pivot and thought about a re-trade at 2570 but i feel somewhat uncertain at this point. iā€™d like to ask the more experienced folk here, is todayā€™s action in fiber what is called a Z-day?

Thatā€™s a slightly arrogant approach. I donā€™t believe there are any ā€œno brainerā€ trades.