The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

ya, i agree with the trend thing. would be the first time for me taking a “longer outlook” trade. i think i will still risk it, but just 0.5% on the aussie, with a 4:1 RR. might get burned, but i’m still learning. wanna do mistakes on my own (with limited risk!), so i can learn from them. and if it works out, wouldn’t be so bad either :wink:

Oh now I get it…
But unfortunately I do not have the answer you seek.
I do think you might find some EA thingy that could serve that purpose, but I wouldn’t know…
Sorry if I can’t be of more help in this subject;)
If you are handling your trades on MT4, maybe some people here, with coding experience and such could help you out or guide you…

cheers

You can do that with a script in MT4. I use it very often for my manual trading. Advantage is that I dont have to calculate SL, TP and place several positions at once.

Script is similar kind of programm like EA or Indicator. It just runs only one time, not every tick.

Hmmm perhaps I’m not understanding, but this is such a simple thing in my mind :o

If you buy 1000 units of EURUSD at 1.3000, then put in a SELL order for 500 units at 1.3050, another sell order for 300 units at 1.3075 and the last order for 200 units at 1.3100. No multiple entries required…

if hedging is permitted

I didn’t think about it! I’m a dumbass I guess :wink: Thanks PM!

Haha, far from it bro! The only reason I know the answer is because I asked the exact same question at some stage :wink:

haha yes but I would only suggest that on US brokers where hedging is not allowed;) otherwise you will end up with many open positions;)

At least there are some questions going on here so hopefully it wasn’t such a dumb ass question on my part. From what you are saying you can scale down your entry so go down from 0.1 to 0.03 in a single trade, I didn’t realise this.

Basically, I want to follow ICT’s approach in terms of setting my stops and taking first profit at 20-30 pips (assuming I can ever get into profit!) and then scale out of the trade as I reach my profit target but maybe leaving a small percentage to run it’s course as a “free” trade. What I couldn’t work out was how best to do this. I thought about multiple lots but that seemed a bit messy in that I would have to effectively make separate trades and pull them off bit by bit and by the time I got them all on the price would have changed. I know that would not be a big deal but I thought there must be a set process but if you can reduce the percentage size of a single trade that’s it. I’ll take a closer look at MT4

My problem is twofold:

1. I’m not sure of the best process
  2. My knowledge of MT4 looks like it needs improving.

Thanks for your help and you can go to bed now:24:

The link from Kubio was dead or some reason so I typed in the 1157464 which led me into the ICT thread and I’m searching in there for stuff.

On MT4. Right click the trade and click close order. Then where it says volume you can input how much of the position you want to close. This is how I do it. Hope it helps.

Looking for help please!!!

Which one is the best youtube downloader for ICT videos? (I wish to make an archive, so that watch frequently.) Is there any downloader that can half done download? I was looking for Chris Lori’s ‘Inside the bank webiner’ and download from 4shared.com, but it need password to unrar the file. Does anyone know the password or how can be easily found webiner?

Any link? Please!

I use Firefox, they have a few good free video download add-ons you choose from.
As for the unrar problem, you might have to plunder another sea chest with a yo ho ho and a bottle of rum ye olde sea dog :stuck_out_tongue:

Wally

I use savevid.com to download ICT videos from youtube and it worked like magic. Just copy the youtube link and paste it in the text box insavevid.com

Here’s an indi i wrote for marking up the previous days high and low and todays central pivot point.

CPP PrevHi Lo.zip (13.6 KB)

Re New video: Did anyone else pick-up on that golden nugget (the size of your head) about the stop runs before an expansion day, makes you think. I always go over ICTs vids again and again and find these easter eggs hidden all over the place.

Wally

Entry : 1.6203
Exit : 1.6230
Pips : 27+

Reasons for Entry :

1. Kill Zone
  2. Stoch Divergence
  3. OTE in M15
  4. Retest of Asian high
  5. Big figure 1.6200
  6. Market Flow Bullish

Exited as LC was near and also priced reached it’s ADR.

Let me know if the trade was right or if i have to change/tweak anything.

P.S - I’ve been practising the tool’s on demo for few month’s and made consistent profit’s but when it come’s to real i could not pull the trigger. Don’t know why. Been missing trade’s over the week. Though i anticipated the right entries and exits with all the tool’s. I’m not risking more than 2% atm. Any advise on how to overcome this ?

GLGT…:57:

Best piece of advice ever: Don’t trade against the H4 market flow. I actually went long at that same point you shorted from :o

i think he made a mistake in the post. i’m pretty sure he went long also

Yep, looks about right… sorry about that :wink:

My mistake there. I went Long not short.

I did the almost identicak trade for similar reasons

Picked up 28.7 pips after spread

entry 162053
exit 162357

2% risk is the maximum imho.
I only risk 1%
screenshot just before limit hit