The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Hate to miss the trade by inches… Take a look at that, I missed my entry by 1 pipette :confused:

Anyone else had the idea to short Cable @ .6270? Reasoning:

• Judas Swing
  • 78.8% OTE (LT swing high - weekly low)
  • weekly Trinity sell
  • a lot of clean resistance last week/two weeks
  • SMT div
  • stoch div on H4
  • wMR1
  • dMR2
  • stop raid

Next time I need to not be so greedy… Order @ .6272 was just a bit too high it seems. Hoping for a pullback to a smaller OTE now.

Michael

You are real Guru. I’m late to watch the 25th Sept.'s Cable trade…

Inner Circle Trader’s Cable Short 09/25/12 - YouTube

But where is Jack/Loki? Did he watch that?He deserve this…

The Avengers: Puny God Scene 720pHD - YouTube

This was my plan as well but hadn’t put my limit order in yet…happened earlier than I thought.

At the same time fibre was still hanging up there around the OTE on the 5 min chart so I shorted that around 2935. Let’s see how it goes.

yes, short entry at 6269. already closed part of it, for the rest i’m looking around 6220 area…

I had a limit order placed last night before bed @ .6260 so I’m in.

I’m always a few pips lower/higher than my OTE in case I don’t get tagged.

Looking to close half soon.

Edit: Closed half @ .62315

I was lucky to get triggered and had a goal of 50 pips since we have been a little contracted on ranges. 2012-09-28_0030 - CAVERFX’s library

Update. Posted in other thread.

25% off @ 1.62220

17.5% off @ 1.61900

and leaving the rest on with a stop loss @ 1.6200 which is looking at being hit any minute.

Stop just been hit on that last portion as I type

Was looking for 1.6160 so I really should have closed at 1.6180 earlier in the day!

2% for the day. 11% for September.

Lost on Monday & Thursday on trades I know now I shouldn’t have been looking at. (5% loss on those two trades)

Now the hard work - keeping it consistent for more than a month on demo, but still good enough for me for my first month.[/QUOTE]

How you finish up Jonnycab?

EDIT:

Doh thought you were on this Johnnycab and realised you were on the other thread.
Oh well - it’ll be easier when we all move to the new thread next week.

How you finish up Jonnycab?

EDIT:

Doh thought you were on this Johnnycab and realised you were on the other thread.
Oh well - it’ll be easier when we all move to the new thread next week.[/QUOTE]

Don`t worry about losing! Remember my law of averages, it takes 1 really good day (or more) to ruin 3 really bad days!

It’s all part and parcel, overheads!

Well done on turning your week around too.

Hello guys and girls. I’ve just finished my 1st year of live trading.Ive started with 3000 Euros equity. My result is ..........[B]BE[/B].:).Im really happy with this rezults and very confident for the next couple of years.I dont trade every day,I dont trade every week.In this first year I tried to build up my 3 M:
-Mind-trading psychology
-Method-market analysis
-Money-risk management.
My method is simple,I use 7 tools from Michael(COT,MF/MS,kill zone,buy/sell zone,daily pivots,SMT,OTE) and couple of tools(based on close of the day) from another forum.I never risk more than 2% per trade(protect my equity from sharks) ,never lost more than 6% in one month(protect my equity from piranhas).I have rules for entry, for my first profit,second and 3-rd profit as well.
Every morning before I open a chart I repeat this:

“It was never my thinking that did it for me,it was my sitting that made me big money.My sitting! Men who are right and can sit tight are uncommon!”-Jesse Livermore

Please wish me good luck for the next year! :slight_smile:
Thank you ,Michael, for all you gave us!

Great job buddy. Thats the first step BE. And do I see a litte green on that account (yeah I know who is counting 50 cents but it in the +. Cudos all the way. Just dont let it go to your head keep pressing onward.

If I may place a request? Since you are 51 cents in the green can you change the color of your BE in your post to green and not red? Just sayin :wink:

Shhhhh :27: :slight_smile:

positive but my real gain is what I learned till now.The best month was the month with the smallest number of trades:3! 2wins+1BE.To learn without losing money was my first target!!!I need to learn to keep open the last part of my position as much longer as I can. I leave the price to reach the next key level and see how price react there.
Target for 2nd year=10-20% profit and more discipline!
This is not about money.Money will come later.

A few people this week were taken by the stop run in the cable on Thursday.
I’ve had a theory recently that a stop run should be expected in the strongest pair as they need this liquidity to move the market.
This is a daily chart of cable and fibre

The fibre has had no problem shorting so stop runs in the higher time frames aren’t required as they are in the cable.
This showed up in the weekly move with USDX and Fibre failing to make a low or high respectively while the Cable took out the previous high.

I’ll freely admit that I’m still a watcher not a trader as I’m not comfortable with my analysis yet but these are the ideas floating around my head and this week it panned out.

Even i have spotted the same. Thing is that, though we spot the divergence, there are instances where divergence just goes off within minutes. I mean, the low or high formed is erased with the new high’s or low’s. So, should be careful with that. I’m still struggling with this.

Hope that Michael is able to dissect, for us mere mortals, how the Banks played the stop hunts on the cable. It surprised me that it broke down so quickly to dS2. ESPECIALLY as there was no news to drive the Cable down and gold was quite strong in USD terms.

I’ve been using the COT data in my day trading and find it pretty much useful. Not sure if I’m doing it right or not but i wanted to share it with you guy’s.
As soon as the weekly COT data is released, i see the net position’s of Commercial’s. If they are net short, then I’d look for long opportunities for that week and vice versa for short one’s.
I’ve been trading like this past two week’s and i found it pretty useful. Does anyone use the COT in this way and should i change anything in this trading method ?

Anyone ? ICT ?

Do you mind telling me what exactly am i doing wrong ?

You will receive a response soon. Btw…Rewatch the COT video of ICT and it will become clear.