The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Personally, I’d say you’re looking too hard, stick to the usual, having said that, you could always try fiddling with my Pivot Indi if you really want to have a go, you shouldn’t find it too hard to change the times it starts and stops, I mean you don’t need to be a fully fledged programmer to tinker with those time variables.

Index of /indicators

thanks PPF, i’ll take a look

What are the points and how to interpret?

imgur: the simple image sharer

There was no OTE to enter a short today either on fibre or cable … took a long on fibre during judas swing down at pre londone open 1.2946 but got stopped out.

Did anyone see a short entry anywhere ?

Yesterday high-low and you have a sweet spot nailed almost to the pip and then down it went. But no, I didn’t even consider that (no idea why as I initially went into the day with a bearish mindset…). Took the same trade you did and got burned as well. Live and learn :wink:

That’s the thing. The sweet spot came bang at 61.8% retracement. But sweet spot is between 62 and 79 i.e. 70.5% . So normally i keep my entries there ( and between 70.5 and 79 ) for the cable. So if one keeps a limit entry at 61.8% you have probably an early entry + deeper SL , aka drawdown , whereas if one keeps a limit entry at 70.5% retracement then one is likely to miss the entry ( like on fibre today ).

Any ideas Michael? how we handle this

Stick with 70.5% and be happy you got the direction of the move correct :slight_smile:

You cant win them all :smiley:

To me it looks like 70.5% :wink:

Agree, running the fibs on H4 reveals a compelling 70.5 OTE short. Saw it although did not trade due to flu. Other confluences removed for clarity and due to being lazy. Run them and you may be surprised.

TP1 on a conservative 50% retrace would have yielded 130 pips, over less than 24 hrs. No need to be greedy.

My bias remains bearish

Fibers Price really doesn’t seem to like big figs today (where my limit orders happened to be;))

Will just sit and wait for potential shorts.

Fiber -
13026 yesterdays high
13022 70.5 retrace
13022 AR H3
13020 Big Figure
13016 dR1
13015 AR H1
what goes down often comes up, until it goes down again.

Cable - less sure

Looking at the daily candles, a bearish candle today completes the five candle pattern for a swing high, so I was bearish on both GBP and EUR. I set my oder last night for Euro to short at 1.2995, and my order missed activating by five pips, which happens to me a lot. The solution is being up from 2-4 am which I just cannot do while we’re closing the books for the quarter, but on the bright side I feel pretty good about my daily bias analysis overall. Looking at the small weekly candle so far, makes me think that unless we have a day (later today or tomorrow) where price shoots straight up, we could be looking at a week of nice bearish plays.

Where is this pattern. I cant see it . neither on EU nor on GU.

Sad as it sounds, I’m not good at importing charts in to Babypips. It really is something I am meaning to learn to do. But if you look at the daily EUR/USD charts, last night I saw a daily high with two lower daily highs to it’s left, and one lower daily high to the right (yesterdays candle.) This led me to think that today was a sell day to complete the pattern. Also the 10/4 daily candle looked like a reversal candle at the end of a bullish reactionary wave. 9/13-9/30 (to me) it seems like there is an impulsive wave, followed by a reactive way culminating in the high on the daily chart 10/4. I could be totally wrong, but this is just how it looked to me.

This is my first go at screenshot too

I think my broker combines the Sunday and Monday candlestogether, but this is what I was trying to say was the reason for the bearish view today. I keep missing these really great entries by a few pips,after placing set and forget orders; it’s getting frustrating.

Not half as frustrating as having your order on the wrong side :slight_smile:

My trading is bit off this month so far…
last week 2 trades and 2 losses (due to stupidity)
this week: yesterday missed 2 limit orders one for a sell at 1.3 and a buy at 1.29 (cancelled it during NYO luckily) each by a few pips…
I am looking for 1.2750 for a long, which I hope to be a bit of a longer term swing rather than just a scalp… but I’d need to see quite some confirmation to enter a long in the current environment, thats why I am reluctant to set a limit buy order for it… I might be taking this one as a market order if things line up…

In the mean time I was looking for 1.29 today as a short entry to get down to 1.2750.
price is not yet willing to move…

if you guys have some severely different things in mind… please share

cheers

Michael in his latest TDP series video , at minute 8:30 mentions that while analysing daily charts , OI is an indication of net commercial short selling .

I have a doubt here. Should nt determining OI indication be gauged against the PA ? Meaning for example if Price up and OI up = fresh longs OR price down and OI increasing = fresh shorts being built up ?

Any views guys ? ICT ?

I’m glad you asked this question as I was confused as well from ICT videos. I interpreted from Michael’s video that high levels of OI or a large increase in OI means net commercial short selling and likewise, large decrease in OI means net commercial buying. Can someone please confirm …