The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Noticed that last night - all the bonds also - figured a barchart thing, decided to leave a week or so, having said that perhaps it reflects a lot of indecision - some cot data showing everyone net flat on on some assets - barchart maybe OI is at an extreme low
Have a look at the dollar contracts both daily and weekly (DXZ12) . Euro (E6Z12) and GBP (B6Z12) are showing some life.

Iā€™m glad people are talking about this.

The drop does seem to be quite large compared to last November. Two Novembers ago it looks like it was near its current level, but this yearā€™s drop looks much quicker.

I know this is with hindsight - but just looking how powerful this stuff that ICT teaches regarding OI- on barchart Dollar daily contract (DXZ12) see how OI dropped significantly - this would be Sep 14/15

Thus any push back down again is well signalled to be suspect - OI has told us that shorts have been very much lessened

Look too at the Euro weekly nearest on barchart (E6Z12), time period - 3 years.
See the sudden drop in OI just before the July marker, note that OI was rising as prices were falling before this, note also that the commercials (red line) wer increasing their longs as prices were falling - all in the lead down to 2000 fig.

I have to confess the above anylsis is not my own hindsight - it is ICT Foresight, you can see it here at 16.00 mins:

BTW note the video date - July 22nd
Inner Circle Traderā€™s Market Review 07/22/12 - YouTube

OI always drop significantly every mid Dec, Mar, June, Sep. due to quarterly futures roll over. This is just ā€œartifactā€. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Question about the market maker profiles.

Iā€™ve been looking at the Cable 4H chart this evening and got the paint brushes out again :smiley:

How do we go about determining what stage we are in? Do we work from right to left on the charts, or left to right?

I guess we would normally work right to left that will always tell us about previous highs/lows first and from that, we can determine if weā€™ve broken the current structure or not, or whether or not weā€™re still on course.

So, from the first chart, we have some very clear OTE entry points and up until that point, very clear MMP patterns. From the first OTE highlighted, we drop down, consolidate, drop down again, consolidate some more, then finally complete the move at the big figure (1.60) that was predetermined and marked on the charts.

We then use this as our starting point for the next rally up, consolidation and then right into another OTE (another predetermined key area). The same thing happens again, we drop down and consolidate twice, then complete the move with a lower low, pretty much to another predetermined low.

This starts our next MMP SELL pattern, rally up again into another OTE and start to fall off, however, after the first stage of consolidation we fail to drop lower, we go back up and take out the nearest high. So market structure has changed.

What do we do at this point? I assume we change our stance and start looking for signals of a BUY pattern program? This is highlighted in the 2nd image below:

In other words, could we be getting ready to go higher?

The Fiber has been making higher lows since Tuesday, the Cable has been making lower lows. We were also at key LOW levels on each pair (1.27/1.2680 Fiber Low, 1.5830 Cable)

For a quick SMT divergence check I have this written in my notes:

Lower lows, higher lows, Divergence = UP, take the lower lows pair
Lower highs, higher highs, Divergence = DOWN, take the higher highs pair

Both have been making comparatively lower highs, but the Fiber is making higher lows while the Cable makes lower lowsā€¦

Anyway, thoughts please, specifically on the Market Maker Profile stuff, as this is definitely very useful for determining how we should be trading and what sort of setups we should be stalking! :slight_smile:

Im not sure if the divergence stuff will have any relevance, but I though Id ask about that too incase anyone sees something else.

Two other scenarios, Im not sure about the 2nd image, I guess we have completed the last phase of a SELL with the lower low consolidation.

How do you guys interpret these Market Maker Profiles?

I am trying hard to grasp top down analysis. Still learning, please let me know if I am on the right track.
I think the fractal lesson hit the nail on the head. I still have a lot of short term bad habits. Trying to reboot and focus more on long term top down set ups now.

EURO
M/W/D down.
Hitting Key Resistance at at Sep 30 Low and 1.2800 with confluence at Monthly S1 and Weekly PP/R1 Mid.
Also retraced 61.8% arriving at a 200% expansion level in addition to previous confluence.
4H Type 1 Stochastic Divergence
I expect a possible run up to resistance again possibly giving OTE or reflection out of the Asian Range during LO.
If price does not run up, watching for market structure break on the 15M.
If price runs up above resistance and 79%, game over, enjoying the weekend.

Targeting OTE and lows (in it for the long term)

Entry Set up: OTE LKZ
Wednesdays High rejected 3 times in Asia session

I think, the sell program was finished in your first picture, the second red box.

If you move the first red box to the blue region (youā€™ll see a pause there), and move the second red box to where the first red box is, than your second red box will become the consolidation region, which is more in the region of your green box, which started the sell program.
I think that the ā€˜endā€™ consolidation should be just below the ā€˜startā€™ consolidation, on your first picture itā€™s too far off already, the second one is way too far off.
Disclaimer: this is just how I see it, and could be complete rubbish :slight_smile:

As for today, the weekly range for the gbpusd has only been around 90 pips.
I made some decent pips yesterday playing with the support line, but when looking at the daily, the 50% rectracement has not been reached yet.
Have a look at the 1.5780 region (make sure you see at least the complete 2012 year on your chart) and what strong support there is between 1.5750 and 1.5780.
Also, looking at the daily, there is a top fractal formed yesterday, indicating more selling if we look at the power of three (or 5 :slight_smile: model

Conclusion. If we see a nice spike up to 1.5880 to blow out the stops of yesterday, Iā€™m taking this baby down :slight_smile:

EURUSD, 1.27[B]50[/B] anyone. I think ppfx will hop on :slight_smile:

I bought there. Itā€™s more than just the level, there is a OTE zone there and it was close to the sweet spot. The EURUSD traded lower (Judas?) while the USDx traded higher but the GBPUSD didnā€™t. After I entered the trade I saw a small turtle soup almost going to the sweet spot. Divergance on price and the stochastic aswell. The fractal also formed (The mt4 indi)

Not today, Iā€™ve had my fill for the week, looks a little bearish though, but Iā€™m not going to think about it today, time off :slight_smile:

I bought at the same level but EURUSD further going downā€¦ssume itā€™s judas and will go up by NY open?

Was watching this level this morning, got the spike alright, straight into the OTE sweet spot :slight_smile:

Great, good luck with the trade. I took off half of the position @ 1.5857 (just in case this, because this is a OTE from the previous swing point)
Iā€™m going to final tp @ 1.5840, the end of what I consider the MMP Sell :slight_smile:

Yep, I did the same @ 1.5860 (80% though, seeing as its a Friday :))

Final downside objective for me is that 1.5830 level. But if we arrive within 10 pips, Iā€™ll probably close the remainder of the position there.

i donā€™t know the correct way to use these profiles, but i tend to look at it this way - thereā€™s first image of cable 4 hours with range expansion, contraction, expecting expansion at the time. there was break on the upside at A, stop run or impulse? no expansion therefore assume stop run, price below that trendline at B, look behind and see a V turn, therefore grey box. If grey box then second congestion is red box leading into another red box or green box. Dial down to 1 hour, there is next box which i mark in green because of the h&s structure formed (the pattern PPF points at for switch direction and market structure) Now, this is a green, in which case will be upside, or a red in which case still good case for uptrade into down limit of prior red box or other main resistance in the way. From what it shows now, good cause for a cable long into 5920-30, which is my current long, though i am cautiousā€¦ this is not ote entry, and i might close this on a dime. but anyways, this is a point of view.

Not sure how this will unfold, mostly trying to grasp the info from the trinity lesson I watched today and putting other concepts in play.
From the Monthly trinity, price hit the 127 and bounced back to 1.2800 also at Key Monthly resistance and 4H OTE.
4 hour H/S is showing room still left to go down.
Weekly Range still has room to go down to 61.8% which is at the Monthly trinity 200% level.
From what I think I learned, If the weekly trinity goes overbought and daily goes overbought, this would be the no brainer to get in sync with monthly trinity. I know Monday is not optimal for trading obviously because of Price and Time theory, but I think at least for me this needs to be on alert during LKZ, especially if any run up is made on Fridays High with a Possible rejection at Wednesdays High, if this plays out and 15M Market structure breaks down, green light.

Still trying to put it all together.

Hi damagecontrol!

Iā€™d like to understand you in full, could you please tell me what LKZ stands for? Thanks in advance!

from my point of view, in reverse, thereā€™s a Head-and-Shoulders pattern on Usd/Chf Daily, and my OTE would be 0.96, but very far.
below, itā€™s an E/U daily, light blue MA: 140, golden:100. i think OTE could be the green vertical too, but again, itā€™s a bit far, and it would be under the trendline.

LKZ = London Kill Zone