The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

pure entertainment

I don’t think mt4 let’s you deal with positions less that .01. If they do or maybe I don’t understand the rules right. How do I open a micro account with oanda.

You ask them, they have to set it up for you…Then when you do 1 lot it will be 10 dollars instead of 100 dollars…

If you ask them to do a micro lot account then 1 lot will be 1 dollar instead of 10 or 100 dollars…

At least this is the way I think it goes…Ask your broker…

So a regular account a standard lot is 100k units. If I open a mini or micro that would change the standard lot size to 10k or 1k. And then I could trade more that .01?

With DealBook GFT that is the way it goes at least…

I just though they just called it a different account depending on how much I deposited to be honest I never looked into it much. This would be a life saver. Thank you PipHanger.

Before you thank me you might want to ask your broker, because again I am usually 90% wrong…

Following on from this image I posted a while back:

I’m getting this from the charts (1H TF):

From what I see, the 15M looks similar?

Are you seeing something along these lines or am I missing something?

I hate to hear anyone discouraged. James 16 says his method works if you can wait for the right pitch. He takes 2 or so trades per month, each worth most people’s annual salaries. He says it is tough to sit all day trying to get a $30 or $50 trade. If it were $3000 or $5000, it is easier to wait. His advice is to save up until the account means enough to you that you don’t want to lose it. Easier said than done. The biggest difference in thinking between a pro and an amateur is the amateur’s chief motivation is trying to make money but the pro’s chief motivation not losing money. Larry Williams, Joe Dinapoli, Steve Hopwood and Nanning Bob all make money. They all have very different methods but in order to do what they do, you have to trade exactly like them. Mathematically, poor MM will sink every trader. Money management is maybe 50% of the success of every one of these guys strategies and to attempt to implement the entries and exits w/o MM won’t go well. Hope you make a ton and get back in the game, PIPhangar.

stupid question - but how do you insert images - with text in between - like jonnycab did below?
When I upload via babypips - i don’t believe I get a choice -all images come at the end??? do I need to store images somewhere else and put them in>?

Hit “Insert Inline”. It creates a, HTML place holder for the image and you can move the place holder around.

or it might be because when they make one single trade it equals my annually salary…where as i make one single trade and the most i can make is maybe a nice lunch…

Hey Vinster,
Speaking about James16…we have BEOB(bearish outside bar)today on PPZ(pivot price zone-support turns into resistance or resistance turns into support) and BRN(1.3000) and 79%fib retr on Fiber(Daily chart).
GLGT!

If you’re using Oanda then I recommend that you enter your trades on the fxTrade platform instead of mt4. On fxTrade the lowest trade size can be just $1 or any number like $1,283. fxTrade allows for much better money management on a small account compared to their mt4.

Thanks Dan ill try that can I close partial positions on fxtrade?

sorry to be a mother hen - but AK and PipH - stop it - - in fact you’re both right - it all depends upon perspective - - -
I have respect for both of you - seen you both around ‘the block’ - my only 2 cents - i’ve got a 30 account - and i pay attention to the percentages - – - if i cannot make 10% on 30 - how the heck will i make 10% on 3000 or even 30000 - - - to each his own i suspect - - but i am there too - - bought a house had 8000 in savings oct 2012- - - now have 1900 in savings – -- omg - – wtf ---- lol - - - - rofl - - -fkina ---- any type of emoticon you want to put on it - - it ain’t pretty - however the 30 account that goes to 25 then 32 then 29 then 38 then 22 then 28 you get the point I am not ready and yes I risk5% or better/worse - - - - am I wrong for risking that much on tiny tiny – -- - - – let me think- I am hoping to cash in a 5000 life insurance policy – -and when i REALLY think about it - - - knowing what I have done - - -no fricken way.

I know I am just rambling - - -but the answer lies within YOU and only you - - if you are comfortable tossing 500 into the mix and risking 5% then do it - - for me - I can’t even risk 5% on 30 accnt and make it REAL - - why do I think i can with 300 or 3000

just some input from a 4 yr seasoned duffer.

PIPSaRush - again respect for you - I was in James16 for 3 months- and learned about 1-2% of what ICT has here - - dump that process - it isn’t worth it with ICT around - - - -again respect for what he does - prolly works for some – I might have not been ready yet.

Personally - I am believing in 4 yrs or 6 yrs FULL TIME attention and so I suspect I am 1/2 way there - I imagine (Me personally no nothing about (pick a country - japan-) that I am dropped onto mainstreen in japan - - how long do you think it would take to get a drink of water? - - a meal? – a meal that you like??? – a place to sleep??? — a hotel room??? – - a job?? - - a place to rent?? etc. . . … . . go on as long as you want to. this is 4x.

IMO - - - sorry for the ‘rant’ but I too get frustrated - - - – and with the knowledge of ICT providing me with 1 hr personal tutoring - - I’ve become more focused cause I don’t want to look stupid. . … .think about it that’s all … .I think ICT points out FOCUS - -

I’ve recently gone from I need a trade every day (30 pips a day) or however you want to put it - - -to I want to be “right” call this move for xxx pips - - - -to - - it really don’t matter - - if you gain at least a little profit on every trade - that is the ultimate goal. (I think)

I found using J16’s higher TF analysis (since his system really is designed for higher TFs) to get a bias and using ICT’s LOopen and NYopen and his other intraday strategies for entries works pretty good together. I’m trying to focus on ICTs market structure analysis method for now and try not post other strategies on this thread.

just practicing inserting pic between text

text just practicing

oic how this is working= very nice lets try one more pic

Coool thanks

The German owns the Fish :59:

Yes, you can close partial positions. For example if you’re long $50,000 and you want to close half of that position you would enter a new order to sell $25,000.

Also what you can do is split up your order into pieces. For example if you know you’re going to trade $100,000 but you want to scale out half at 30 pips and the rest at 60 pips. You could use two $50,000 orders. They would both have the same stop loss based on your risk but then you would set a Take Profit on one order at 30 pips and 60 pips on the other. That way if you’re not at your computer you won’t miss scaling out correctly while being protected at the same time. Hopefully that makes sense. Definitely play around with fxTrade on a demo until you get used to the order entry and scaling out.