The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Not Germany but the GEMA. Looks like they’re causing issues for videos with music on youtube.

You are German? My wife is German… and a redhead… that makes it a double whammy! !!!

:smiley:

ICT do trade using Vsa.

thanks

I meant do you trade using VSA. lol

so I took the gap trade on fiber and I used ICT’s method of choosing the session low from Friday as my tp level. Needless to say it made me a nice little chunk of change. That and my Dodgers won :slight_smile: Nice start to the week.

Its proof positive that you can take one set up and make it profitable. Just a matter of reference the little scalp I just took earned me a quick 2% and if I did it my way I would still be in the trade and who knows maybe the gap would not have closed just like it didn’t last week. Better to be conservative and put the probabilities in your favor.

Also I find it uncanny how the sweetspot 70.5 level works. I can’t believe I never noticed before, and to think I used to call fibs voodoo lol!

Nice trade. Did you notice last week there was gap in USDx & Cable also and both could fill but fiber could not?
Because USDX is reverse related with Fiber, no sooner dollar index fill the gap fiber went opposite direction and could
not able to fill the gap.

Market-Review-05_13_12
Download Inner-Circle-Trader-s-Marke…ouTube.MP4 - BitShare.com - Free File Sharing and Storage

:slight_smile:

Nice trade. Did you notice last week there was gap in USDx & Cable also and both could fill but fiber could not?
Because USDX is reverse related with Fiber, no sooner dollar index fill the gap fiber went opposite direction and could
not able to fill the gap.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

I did not notice that but as of now I am including usdx into my overall analysis. Even though I always saw pa as key to manual trading I never incoporated other indexes or indices into my own analysis.

Without Michael teaching me about smt I would still be clueless. Now I have a way to see what “they” don’t want me to see.

Now if I can only get up at 2:00 am to trade LO :wink:

Hmm, cable seems very S&D today to me… Seen nothing thats really jumped out at me…

After last weeks upset to my account ive decided to put in extra measures to sort myself out, so as of this week ive adopted a trading diary. Created a spreadsheet with working formulas to work out all the info i need for every trade i take. I think having to document every trade will stop me from getting in the market when i dont need to be…

This week im only planning on entering the market when price goes into an area im expecting it to - no more reacting to the market… If that means i take no trades this week then so be it…

So in the spirit of applying the above… Today ill be sitting on my hands unless i see the cable reach above the 1.61 fig, in which case i’ll be going short…

Good luck to everyone this week :57:

Ok, so keeping up with the theme of sharing (to which i hope it may help some people, or at least generate some fresh ideas)… This is the setup i was looking for today, but it failed to play out - as of yet anyway…

Was looking to short the cable at the 1.6115 level… Reasons:

• 4H market flow
  • Pivot level sell zone and R1 in OTE
  • Running the stops at 1.6115 would be around the institutional level 1.612
  • Would have looked for SMT divergence to confirm hopefully

Anyway, it seems that cable has stayed in a small range today, so i’ll still be looking for this trade idea to play out possibly tomorrow of price stays around these levels… The fiber has made a significant lower low today creating the SMT divergence and possibly indicating a short term rally up?.. This could see my idea hopefully playing out soon…

Any comments welcome… :57:

EDIT: Trade just got triggered, short at 1.6115… :51:

SanJ, I was considering the 1.615 (mid fig) area for a possible short going by the 4HR as it’s quite a substantial S/R level (weekly high, trinity…etc). It would also be an OTE entry from the 10th May High to today’s low. It still needs quite a bit of a rise to get there though.

My concern at the moment on the cable is a HTF rising wedge support line possibly coming into play soon (from the beginning of this year). So I’m keeping an eye on that.

When you mention Turtle Soup is that a 20 bar period in any timeframe (or hourly?) as I was linking it with 20 days…?

Hi Sanjay,

Nice trade. Try moving your Fib from Friday’s Asia high to today’s low and you’ll notice that price stopped at the 79% retracement. I also entered this trade, targetting 1.6031.

GLGT.

Edit: Friday’s not today’s Asia high. :slight_smile:

Hey Trint

Ok in the hope of sounding like a noob all over again, can you define turtle soup?
Can’t even remember where i read up on this, but i basically read its kind of like a fake break out above/below a level, then reversing and carrying on the other direction?

If im wrong please correct me so i can stop using the phrase in the wrong places! lol

Hey Thrax

Firstly, Sanj is short for Sanjeev - not Sanjay lol :smiley:

And secondly, nice spot with the fib at the asian high! Looks like it touched it exactly at the 79 fib… Hoping this stalling is a short distribution before the move down, think it may happen again through the rest of NY - either way, im leaving it open…

Lets hope for some good pips

Good luck :57:

Oh. Sorry about that. I’m never very good with names.

I imagine it will create a smaller OTE now.

I don’t expect my target to be reached until 3.15pm onwards Tuesday GMT, but before 8.30am Wednesday GMT. If not then, I’ll wait until 10pm Sunday GMT.

3:15pm Tuesday - Expected TP time - 8.30am Thursday- Possible TP time - 10pm Sunday.

Never-the-less I cut some of the trade out at 25 pips profit, set BE and then let it run

Edit: Updated times.

Now thats what i call analysing the market and preparing for your trade. That is what i believe every trader should do. Anticipate some kind of level/price and only then enter the market. Past few months before actually started to do this (post trade ideas before they actually were made), i reacted to the market. I usually bought where i thought was a good level. That ended pretty bad :expressionless: I really appreciate you stepping up, and started posting your PRE-market analysis. You might even consider starting a blog. Keep up!

No problem, i realise its my own fault as my babypips name emphasizes the ‘J’ lol

Im planning on taking profits around the too, not done much since ive been to the gym but leaving it open hoping it will pay off!

:57:

Thanks for the encouragement PipJoker… Tbh, for me personally, trading in this structured way is long overdue… Look back on the analysis i posted last week shorting the cable at the 1.617… Which i did, but i closed before the Asian as nothing had happened at around 30 pips - i doubted my analysis - had i held into Friday i could have closed for 110 pips… I was so annoyed and frustrated which lead to further revenge trades and ultimately last week was a mess for me. But i guess im glad that im making these silly mistakes now while im still demo-ing rather than blowing a real account… So with this trade im planning to leave it open til i either:

• am able to lock profit and break even then let it ride to do whatever it likes
  • stop me out…

I dont want a repeat of last week in missing the move i had already expected, id actually rather be stopped out than that tbh…

Im looking to have a sound strategy down first, which once i know i can be consistent with in demo, ill tackle the psychological side after when i go live…
I was actually debating a blog for a long time a while ago, not even as a way to be transparent to all (as im usually the first to admit im far from consistently profitable) but i think it will help my trading…
Anyway, really trying to sort myself out this week as over trading is my biggest problem, so hoping my personal trading diary i have started will help me keep control from now…

Anyway, ill try and keep up my pre-market analysis and post before trades as much as i can - may even consider my own thread as i really dont want to hijack ICT’s thread lol…

Happy Trading…
:57:

When you cut your first profit, set your your stop 1.6221 and your TP to 1.6310 + spread + 1 or 2 pips and then just leave it well alone regardless of what price does.

If you’re extremely savvy and you’re at zero risk, you can re-enter a new trade if a smaller OTE forms in the meantime, compounding your profit. With this new trade you would set it to zero-risk after the first cut of TP but use the original TP target of the first trade.

Ride the wave. If the wave breaks up, stalk a new one.

WTF! I hope that’s not a new trend for all Canadian retail brokers!

Try FXCM Canada?

You gotta be kidding me. I am presently with them but no issues thus far. I am sure there are other brokers available to choose from. Maybe check out Questrade but have no experience with them personally. I wanted to initially open a “tax free” trading account with them but found out forex trading was not available using that type of account.

Hey RTT… No I do not use VSA in my trading or analysis. This is not to say folks on these forums do not find it useful in their trading… I however, do not personally.

[B]GLGT [/B]:57: