THE JOY OF CANDLESTICK TRADING - a Learning Experience

[B]Stage 6[/B]

Further progress is made on the 5 minute chart >>>

By tymen1 at 2008-06-15

Sorry, no main chart at this time to get perspective. We must work from the 5minute chart.

[U]Now a very important note here.
Forget about the Bollinger bands just now! The price action may or may not cross them but we cannot depend on it.
What is important is the crossing of the upper Starc band.[/U]

We are now starting to walk the upper Starc and [U]maybe [/U]it is getting to be time to consider entering that 2nd amount. That is for you to consider.

The ā€œnew candleā€ stands at 108.04 at present. This is one pip higher than the green candle of the previous chart.

The question is on the chart.

i will enter my second amount now at 108.04.

That sounds like a [B]big hint [/B]to enterā€¦

I doubt I would enter in real life so iā€™m just gonna stay out until I have a better signal to enterā€¦

What signal is there to tell us to forget the bollinger bands?

As I am not sure about this candle, is it just opening or almost closed.

If it is almost closing I would enter now as the last 3 candles have just equaled the highest point from the first green candleā€¦ ( which did hit the upper Starc band and may be the highest retrace point)

If it is just opening I would hold off a bit to see which way it heads then decide.

I would probably enter now because the candles arenā€™t really agressively walking the starc. They are showing signs of slowing, so second amount now.

Tymen,

What was the significance of the coloring exercise? Iā€™ve done a couple but Iā€™m not sure how to use it. Does the yellow show the validity of the direction?

Thanks

Thanks to Tymen and Vulcan and Daydreamer.

I unfortunately have already signed up with MB Trading. So, there goes that. lol

I have found a nice platform that is based on MT4 but also not the same. The demo does not expire and the charts allow anything you want. So, I am going to use that for now and MB to place my trades.

I will see how it works out but now I have to set up all my charts all over again!

Looks like I will be able to get back in the game by Friday. Ughh!

Just opening!!

A candle just closing would have a full body and an upper and lower wick!!

OK, decide now what you want to do!

The colouring exercise is designed to increase your visual acuity and increase your ability to detect small differences in the candlesticks as well as the bands. The colours do not show anything, just to separate the bands.

The benefits work on your subconscious and you do not notice it immediately.

I notice that by your above entry decision, that you are already starting to reap the benefits of this exercise. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I would probably enter now because the candles arenā€™t really agressively walking the starc. They are showing signs of slowing, so second amount now.

That is a [U]very astute[/U] observation you have made! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What signal is there to tell us to forget the bollinger bands

Forget about the Bollinger bands [U]all the time.[/U]

If price action does cross the upper BB as well as the Starc, then you can be doubly sure that you have reached an extreme.

I apologize if this seems to contradict information that I presented earlier.

It is a matter of presenting the material in stages, so that people can absorb it in little pieces.

Go for it BrianSNJ!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I take it you are using Navigator??

How does the platform you have found compare with GFT?

Friday eh?

Well, I will keep the trade open for you! :smiley: :smiley:

I actually went and looked for a dash,( price that opened and closed at same price) . Did not find any. :smiley: :smiley: LOL

Ok I will still hold waiting on confirmation, Itā€™s done retracing.

It is looking weak, But still looking to go up a bit more possiblly.

The candles look to be slowing ā€¦ if this is a retracement ā€¦this is about where it should reverse ā€¦if the candle opens red , i would put 1 unit onā€¦price is pulling away from sarc ā€¦so it looks to be out of momentum.

[B]Answer to Stage 6[/B]

We are now on the 4th candle after touching the upper Starc band.

It is up to you whether you would enter the 2nd amount here.

Wait for the next chart : :smiley: :smiley:

[B]Stage 6A[/B]

Still 9 stages - just a slight modification for teaching purposes.

5 minute chart >>>

By tymen1 at 2008-06-24

Ahhhh! Did you get caught out? Or is this candle going to go up again and maybe even higher? :confused:

It is for you to choose.
The price right now with that red candle is [B]108.03.[/B]

Where did I enter? - that I will tell you at the end of this sequence.

[U]2nd entries so far [/U]:

Trav72 - 108.04
Vulcan Classic - 108.04

Both averaged ā€¦(107.92+108.04)/2 = [B]107.98[/B]. A profit will start to be made when the price action goes below [B]107.98[/B].

Kenneth Lee - still deciding on 2nd entry.
Neboxian - still deciding on 2nd entry.
Sinn1 - still deciding on 2nd entry. 1st entry closed. Credit = -10 pips.
Keitsuke - still deciding on 2nd entry.
Ray 1 - still deciding on 2nd entry.
Ericoco - still deciding on 2nd entry.
BrianSNJ - temporary delay due to broker changeover.

So nowā€¦the question is on the chart!! :smiley: :smiley:

[B]Answer to Stage 6A tomorrow.
Stage 7 tomorrow.[/B]

I would enter now. The last candles were looking weak and this red candle confirms, That it is slowing and possible turn downā€¦

enter at (108.03 + 107.92)/2 = 107.975

So use to seeing everything this is hard for meā€¦ But might be the right aproach. Forget the big picture concentrate on the NOWā€¦ We are scalping not looking for position trades. :stuck_out_tongue:

You are doing very well Kenneth Lee! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Iā€™m In Now!1 unit Please :smiley: :smiley:

Il enter 2 amounts nowā€¦

I will follow Tymens advice and forget about the BBā€¦

The price has walked the upper band for a couple of candles and slowing down.

The price also failed to get past this resistance level previously (after the star formation).

Enter now! :smiley:

since price action has tagged the upper starc bands and it is not walking the upper SB it tells me price is weakening therefore i would enter 2 amounts now.:smiley: