The last straw that breaks the Camel back

After trading for so many years and trying different concepts, What is that one act or decision that made you consistently profitable?

1 Like

The last thing that I did which made me more consistently profitable is trading only one currency pair.

1 Like

lol, when i read the thread title i thought it was going to be about Joe Ross’s “Camelback Technique” of trading, and opened the post expecting it would say “I tried the Camelback Technique but couldn’t make it work” :laughing:

yes, interesting - i’ve seen others say this, and i think i understand how that could be so

for me, it was really the gradual realisation that developing a method with a robust, proven edge was the easy part, but that applying it with safe, robust, proven risk-management was the difficult bit, and would take a while longer

as some chess-players say: progressing from the middle-game to a winnable end-game is the easy bit, it’s actually winning it that’s more difficult!

3 Likes

Patience, discipline and a ZEN mindset.

I’ve seen this question in another thread, and I’m gonna repeat my answer.

I think there’s never just one thing. Over the course of months and years individuals develop into profitable traders, I think it’s misleading to think they did just one thing.

There might be something significant in their memory, or there might be the last thing. But that’s ignoring the previous nine steps. We can’t just ask about step #10.

We should ask about the entire story.

4 Likes