The MACD Contrarian. A medium term position trading system for the EURUSD

Thanks for replies.
In the trade & stop at BE. Good that my first trade here will not lose. I hear what you are saying about drawdown Therefore will be using minimal risk for the time being

So our 3rd win in 4 trades. Great start to the year

Sweet!

Thanks Tony

Looks like an opportunity to go short is happening

Is this a short opportunity since we were still in our long at the time the MACDH crossed the zero line?

Great start for me with todays win.
According to the rules of this strategy the short should not be taken as the MACDH cross took place while still in the trade. Refer to posts 103 & 99

Well i wasnt around to take that long trade so i’ll be playing this short

no, any countertrend trade is ignored if you are actively in a trade at the time. we will now be looking for another long on the next MACD cross

Setup to buy

yes the buy has triggered

So this trade is now safe. Got to love a free ride!

Sorry to ask such a simple question but the “search this thread” feature isn’t finding anything – are your charts based on GMT? I was wondering why my entries weren’t matching up and realized my feed is GMT+1.

as far as i know they are GMT. They come from IBFX

Home and hosed!

We havin fun yet?!?!?

These two wins should make the coming drawdown much more enjoyable :slight_smile:

Really nice way of thinking about it Pizal and to me means you understand the trading game. Although each trade is independant and therefore shows a 30-40% chance of a win the system will exhibit regression to the mean over a series of trades. Since we expect 7 or so wins in a year and we have already had 2 there could be some difficult times ahead unless, as has happened once before, we are in for an exceptional year. Couldnt resist posting this - looks good doesnt it!

Just to bring this to everyones attention. The cross has occurred for a short trade while we are still in a long although this closes out during the same candle. This is an actionable short trade simply because that is how the system was set up. The cross is confirmed at the candle close; at that point we are flat to the market ie trade on

thanks for pointing that out tony, i was going to ignore the short but will take it now as it is a valid entry

Short from 1.4185

Short trade went down enough to bring stop to BE then turned around hard today to stop out at even. :cool:

Now we wait for a 4HR MACDH cross to the downside of the zero line to start stalking a long.