The MMTT system- nonbrainer edition

hi Renala. i don´t understand the word apsent but i hope is not a bad thing :slight_smile:

what are your questions? i think everything is well explain in the first posts

i saw your question now. just check the post #3 in the first page.

Hi Rui,
GBPUSD going slow today (short) but I am right now at +13pips and it is early.
I see you where on Tymen thread too but I just look over it. The longer I read on his thread the more I realize how much “hindsight” he is using.:slight_smile:
One important thing on his thread, whenever he feels his teaching is not matching reality he just dumps the system and says "we don’t use that, but this is what we are going to do now. :slight_smile:
He is now on system number3.
+24pips now the trading is heating up.
I still like to read on his thread because you can get at least some good piece of info in between.
At least on your thread here I don’t think you will go and complain to the admins if somebody talks about somebody else’s thread. So I hope.
I don’t think he will start a “chat” because it would be going to fast, not enough time to correct mistakes and no “hindsight”.:smiley:

RedHunter
Got your messages but you got all the Info’s in here already. post in this thread, as you do, so anybody else can answer your questions too. I am not the expert here rui is the one.
wow, +28 now GBPUSD short. :slight_smile:
Hope it keeps going since it is only 8.45 NY time could get 60 + pips out of it till 11:00 eastern:)

yes i know he will not start a chat:D i´m justing playing with him.
and besides the part when we can learn some really good info about Bollinger Bands(that otherwise we only could learn by reading a lot of books) i don´t think his system gos anywhere.

he´s doing the same thing that he had done in the candlestick thread. a lot of times to put a system together to no one look at it because is too boring (but it works)

and i really hated the way he had treated renala. she was following the system since the start and now he just told her that this is for pros and not for newbies… i respect tymen but that wasn´t kind. and i just saw those posts to renala he may had done it to others too.

anyway… i´m in gu short too. hope we made some nice pips. but i´m in others trades too

BTW Oanda chart is set to 1HR TF so I can watch the heading, it slowly progresses towards the mid BB, don’t think it will go all the way to the other side but mid BB I believe yes.

:smiley:
I am trying not to trade in to many pairs and concentrate with 1 or 2, less stress.:slight_smile:
He (Tymen) really is obnoxious, I taught I will get a warning when I posted about your thread here since he is really sensitive when he realizes somebody catches on to his (jumping). Well, he acknowledged once to me and made it clear “he wishes me good luck with my system”. actually that is yours but I know I would not be able to say that on his thread so I left it alone.:slight_smile:

is ok that he thinks is your system:D no problem for me.

but lets stop with gossips and stay focus on make money:D

If he ever reads this thread here, I am sure he will go and complain to the admins. He has no problem to bash other peoples thread, on there thread and even want’s them banned on there own threads but he does not like it happen on his of course. :slight_smile:

OK, enough :slight_smile:
still going here +32 now, I just sit and wait:)

GU 5min BB starts expanding and on the 1HR it’s halfway to the midBB, about 1.5hrs left, what you think, will make +60?

is easier to discuss things like that in the chat room. but i hope that it made more than 60 pips:p but i don´t know and i don´t think… i hate to think… i just will follow my exit rules and let it to the market;)

busy day today.

9 trades. 6 losses and 3 winnings. total for the day a litle more than 4% grown in my account. in pips i think i had made close to 0 :smiley:

differents lots sizes mades those things. is not about pips is about money.:smiley:

How do you decide what lot size to use?

risk 1% per trade. depending on the SL i decide the lot size

Today - $/Y short = -9 pips
E/GBP long = +8 pips
E/Y short = +19 pips What skews the results is that, on demo and my 1st day trying this strategy, the 1st 2 trades was 1 micro each, the 3d was 1 mini so not really a good comparison money wise. But I like the net pip result very much. d

So you base that 1% on the main stop loss that you place above or below the previous higher high or lower low. Not based on where you actually close the order because you don’t usually let it go to the stop loss. Is that right?

yes talonD. my 1% is the initial SL amount. i always try to avoid to lose the 1%. today in 3 trades that i loss my initial risk was 1% in each and i lose 0.6% of my account on all 3. and then i open another one that had spike my SL out for a total 1% loss.

every trade is diferent and the spikes or whipsaws are when i lost the initial SL. in a regular market my initial SL should never get hitted.

then acording to my initial SL and the pips i made is very easy to calculate the % that i´ve won in a trade.

Very interesting strategy ruilima. I’ve been trading a breakout strategy but this looks promising and closer to my personality. I’ll let you know how things go the rest of the week.

Forgive me if this question was already answered in post. I’ve read through it a couple times and just didn’t see it clearly stated.

Ruilima, you use your bollinger indicator to identify when to take profit. When it changes direction (aka color) you close the trade. I know you said move your SL on a 15 minute change. Would you also take profit on the 15 min. Sorry again if I missed where this was stated.

Also, Have you found any other resistance lines that work with this system besides the moving averages? I’m still getting my head wrapped around it but Im sure once I do I will be looking for more entry opportunities.

Thanks!