The mmtt system

i´ve enter eur aud a few minutes a go.
maybe it give me some pips

i´m long on gbpjpy and i´m very very alert on gbp usd

went long on eur usd now. very small SL 15pips. 60 pips target.

hi rui, can you tell me why long here ? no higher lows … so what made you take that treade ?
Thanks.

testing a fibonacci expansion line. just 15 pips risk. went bad:(

but i´m making good pips on gbpjpy

Rui, once you set your high/low marks on the Daily (I presume at the start of your trading day) do you ever move them as price action changes? I noticed that if the price is moving upward early on in the day the lower MA isn’t fully formed and often changes its value with price fluctuations downward. Should I just draw my horizontal line and keep it static?

yes as long as the price moves out the channel the dailly ma will move too. you need to be allert all the time at the dailly chart.

or you can use a MTF ma that is posted here in the treath and just look at the 5m chart. with the 2 dailly mas on it.

it´s very good and the results is the same… is what i use now.

it´s raining pips today:D

Raining pips? Be interested to see which trades you took as GY is the only decent one I see today (and even that was ranging for quite a long time)!!

usd chf just cought my attention. will wait a bit more

the pips are there. in the market. the gu is promissing

the eur aud i´m still in and looks promissing too. usd chf i´ll go short now. with small SL 20 pips and big plans for it.

gbpjpy give me 80 pips, eurjpy and usd jpy hit my pending orders and made 40 pips each.

like i said is raining pips.

i´ve only get one lost today and was the eurusd -15 pips

usdjpy and eurjpy? I don’t see those trade entries Rui, eurjpy has broken the lower MA, but is only now making a possible higher-low, and usdjpy has broken the upper MA but has yet to make a lower high - was this using this system? Would you be so kind as to post up your charts please?

high correlative pairs need a lot of attention.

i´ve got a set up at gbpjpy. i put a pending order on those 2 pairs. small sl, big TP, if the price hit the previous high it probably will go up. and because the RR as good i´ve take the chance. besides eur jpy has showing divergence

correlations can make you some extra pips or make you lose extra pips. try to take profit from it or try to avoid it, but don´t forget that some pairs work very similiar most of the time

rui, just wondering when did you go long on the EUR/JPY and what gave you the signal? cause i didnt see any higher lows, it just shot up out of nowhere. im on a demo account, and i went long at around 7:10 with no SL. i just wanted to see how the trade would play out. if i was trading real money i would of used a SL of 20 pips, i wouldnt have been stopped out, and it would of shot up to give me pips. but this would have been pure luck because there was no signal to buy such as higher lows. just the instinct that it would go back up eventually based on the system.

Two questions:

1. If you note the Bollinger on the 1h chart is trending strongly away from the direction you’d like to trade, do you forgo looking for an entry, even if price is outside the MAs on the daily?

2. Concerning higher lows and lower highs, do you wait for the second candle to close before entering or do you just jump in if the second candle (higher low, lower high) is forming (but not closed) a different color and price has moved past the outside edge of the previous candle?

Let me know if that isn’t clear and I’ll clarify, because it seems to be an important thing to take into account.

Hi,

Do we have a possible long on AUDUSD right now? Level at .9085? Or is this too late to be trading now?

Rgds
Ed

explain better. i don´t understand what you mean in point 2.

the point one i look at the 1h BB just to exit and to “calculate” the rr ratio. if the rr ratio don´t seems profitable i don´t take the trade. but i still trade against the BB direction if i get a good entry point like having a higher low that alow me to set a very tight SL. and i see the possibility of making more pips than the ones i risk. hope this aswer to your question

it looks good and you´re already a bit later but you can still take the trade.

what looks really bad is that i can see no SL line in your chart:p

don´t get bad habits even on demo. SL in my opinion is the only advantage that you have in trading… use it, learn how to use it, focus on it. SL save accounts.

SL save accounts.

[B]TRUE[/B]

Take a look at my breaking the rules thread see what happens when you don’t use or misplace your stops:o. In that particular method I am trying some different risk management. I started my trade with huge stop like I always do(will change my ways) then drag it down on the chart to a level that looks good and fits my acceptable risk. Opened trade then internet problems when I got it back I was so far neg emotions took over now I am wishing and hoping EUR/USD will come back up about 150 pips.
Price will do things you don’t expect all the time! Use a stop!

What I mean is the “higher low” and the “lower high” are candles; are these the second candle forming after the first candle on the 5m chart to close outside the high/low MA? Do you wait for the second candle to close outside the MA before entering?

I don’t think Rui looks at the 2 ma on the 5 min that’s something I have been doing.
I noticed it looks allot like a 5:1 boll from the MAs and Bollinger band thread recommended by RCarter. I try and meet Rui’s conditions then before I push the button I like price to be at the edge of the 2MA channel. I have been entering with large lots and I like to cover the spread fast. I haven’t been aiming for many pips I have been aiming for many $$:D. Can be risky.

the hl and lh are not candles but a set of candles. sometimes price set a new low then he gos up for 3 4 candles then he gos down for more 3\4 candles and then he gos back upfor 3\4 candles. during this move it mades 2 lows. one higher than the other.

sometimes when price moves very fast it only take 2 candles to made a new low and rarely it can be done by only one candle when price moves really fast.

i don´t know if that is your question. you could post some chart