The mmtt system

aud usd is not outside the ma channel so i will not do it. and there´s no volume at all. maybe i´ll do a big move down but becarefull with the SL eaters. when the price is that flat is commum a spike in the oposite direction before a big move.

Thats what I am watching as well. Also EUR/GBP is outside of the daily channel but it would be a long trade in a down trend that doesn’t look like it is slowing down.

I have found with the Asian session if you are in profit close your trade before the London traders have there coffee.

i think usd/jpy start to bullish…
am i right?

usd jpy is not certain of course but is a good bet. i´ll risk a couple pips in it

Rui, how many time frame charts do you have open to trade this system? Can you manage everything on just one chart, like the 5m? I’m wondering based on how many charts I could reasonably open in my trading platform.

yes. i know.

my favorite trades are the ones that i take in the morning at frankfurt and london openning.

the price goes out the channel while i sleep and when i wack up is open the trade and get the pips.

i guess london and asian are comunlly fight against each other and we are here to take the rests

you are the first person to call me for my name RUI.:smiley:

well i only have one chart per pair. and them i change the tf when i need to see big pics.

the pairs where the price is outside the dailly channel i put in 5 min TF the pairs that are inside the channel and i will not trade i put in 4h TF.

that way i know each pairs i pay more attention… the pairs that are inside the channel i only tock a look from times to times

so no chat room this week

nobody here…no chat room…nothing

when I’m looking at this strat, what I do is for each pair that I’m looking at I have one chart. Daily. if it looks like a good set up then I change it to 5m. On the daily I make a horizontal line at the 2ma. then I change it to 5m. Then I can still see the horizontal line from the daily and I can see what the 5m is doing. So you only have one chart per pair. Just a sugestion. I think Rui does it that way too.

My laptop computer is not all that powerful. I’ve noticed that if I have too many charts open then it tends to bog down the computer. I need an upgrade!
maybe after I make my million tben I will be able to afford one ! lol

Exactly. I am using a laptop which was pretty good a few years ago (Dell XPS Gen2), but I am not sure how much I can keep open and still do other activities on the thing without taxing it. If I can trade all this stuff on one or two instances of Trading Station II, along with one instance of MT4 for my text message alerts, that would be boss.

Right now I’m just focused on getting guppy set up for this system (along with your LWMA crossover and R Carter’s Daily signals). I still have a 1H chart open for the 2:1 boll and the high/low 2-period SMAs for MMTT. I make a note of the MMTT high/low MAs and place them as horizontal lines on my 5m chart, which also features the high/low 2-period SMAs, along with a std Boll and Rui’s 15 and 20 period LWMAs (I’m guessing these are fungible and we can use our 3/6/9 LWMAs for exits/trend continuation).

If I can manage just 2 or 3 charts for each pair, I can really open this thing up - trading several pairs on just one instance of TS II (along with the one instance of MT4). I was thinking initially of: GBP/USD, EUR/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, USD/CAD.

Your thoughts?

anybody looking 4 aer/aud?

what a busy day. 2 exames in one day… very very stress:D

i have only open 4 orders in the morning with a SL and a TP with rr ratio of 1/2. i´ve only see now the results. 3 wins and 1 losse. 75 pips profit with only 20 minutes spending in the monitor… not bad at all

ruilima, could you give me a bit more information on those trades? maybe which pairs and at what times/price you went short/long? thanks, im very curious

the trades i took today were different that the usuall. i´ve used TP because i wouldn´t be at the pc during the day… and the trades i take were a litle bit later and were already in the channel because i wake up at 12:00h gmt.

i´m very tired those days:o

the trades i take are. all SL=15 PIps and TP 30 pips and all around 12:35 gmt.

sell eur aud, buy eur gbp, sell gbp usd, buy usd jpy
-15, +30, +30,+30

if i was awake at normal hours and keep looking at the pc all day the story will be very different:D

those are my results for this year so far. trading 8 pairs most of the time during london session. initial account a little more than 5k risk 0.02 lots for every 1000$ that made about 20 cents per pip in average. my average risk per trade is lower than 0.6% of my account.

results in pips:

eurgbp +178
audusd +182
eurjpy +190
usdchf +257
euraud -43
gbpusd +321
gbpjpy +280
usdjpy +155
eurusd +344

total +1864pips in 13 days made a average 143 pips/day
made a grow 38% of my account

now the win ratio is very very bad. i´ve only won 44.34% of my trades
my losses were very small but were losses

i´m going slow, pip by pip, but i´m getting there:)

those are some very good stats. I hear that many successful traders usually have a success rate of around 50%. As long as you follow the rule no.1 of trading - cut losers short, let winners run, you will make good profit. You seem to be doing that fine, so no need to worry about your win ratio.

The trend is strong in the EUR I am having a hard time getting this to work tonight.

Rui that is some great work keep it up!!!

yea its probably not smart to trade against such a strong trend

Hmm yeah, not a great day for a system like this I guess as all pairs are trending strongly, with some false reversals being seen earlier.