The mmtt system

rui could you tell us where/how you got those pips? (which pairs). i got stopped out in almost all of my trades since last night.

all those trades got BE. i´ve close half of my my position on some of them but it hurts anyway.

crazy day… so promissing and get so frustrating

we are at chat since the morning

Everyone following this system looking for more tips and advice (and some fellows to learn to trade it well with) would be well served to join the BP chat with us daily. Getting better at this and having some good times discussing what we are seeing…

there´s a lot of pairs outside the ma today… another busy day coming

hope it´s not like yesterday.

i´ll be at the chat again… waiting for company:D

divergence indicator for who wants it… not for this system but useffull in trading in general

cc_Divergence.zip (2.81 KB)

any new trades ?
i see that nobody is on chat room now
it seems that only in london time is action :slight_smile:

A news release is this afternoon I would hold off until it passes with the MMTT strat.

And today was a particularly brutal day for MMTT. Rui mentioned it was the worst of the year so far. I am beat up and was trying to salvage a final trade and now looks like that is dying too.

Yes, it seems Rui makes most of his pips during the first half of the London session. We Yanks have been trading with him during the London/NY overlap. Volatility really drops off forex altogether it seems during the afternoon US Eastern time zone.

Shr1k, you mentioned in chat today avoiding MMTT trades in trending markets. What do you look to for this? Are you looking at hard downward or upward movement on the Daily candles? I’d still like to hear more examples from those who’ve been using this on when NOT to trade MMTT (besides the news, of course).

Shr1k, you mentioned in chat today avoiding MMTT trades in trending markets. What do you look to for this? Are you looking at hard downward or upward movement on the Daily candles? I’d still like to hear more examples from those who’ve been using this on when NOT to trade MMTT (besides the news, of course).

A hard fast trend is easy to see on a daily chart just use your eyes. I set up a chart template with no indicators just to keep an eye on PA. Sometimes simple is good. I don’t trade from that empty chart but it is good to look at, clears your head:D.
I would still trade MMTT in a strong trend I would just be cautious. On a daily chart even in a trend do you see many candles with no wicks at all? most of the MMTT entrys are in the wick of a daily candle. I think the potential is there for some pips.

Think of this. How would a trade look on a daily chart if you used MMTT to pick an entry and happened to catch a retrace or trend reversal on the daily:D. I would like to catch a trade like that.

That’s exactly what I was thinking of earlier today. Would be nice to catch the step outside the Daily MA at a point the direction of overall price is reversing off an outer Bollinger (on the Daily) and just ride it for several days.

just got home and found that uj made me 52 pips and eg i close it with -2 so my overall for the day was 86 pips

not the worst day of the year afterall:D

Thank you.

Thanks for this ruili

As a newbie I like the simplicity of this system.

My first trade yielded 109 pips on GBPUSD which I had left overnight yesterday. All demo unfortunately :frowning:

Trying to get the hang of the higher lows and lower highs as entry signals so could you answer the following:

1. do you wait for a particular number of consecutive HL or LH or is one enough?

2. do the HL or LH have to occur after price crosses the relevant MA on the daily? e.g. price crosses lower MA at 1500 GMT, do you wait for HLs occuring after this time or do you include HLs that appear on the 5M before 1500GMT?

3. if a trade goes against you, whats your criteria for entering the same way assuming you expect PA to revert back into the daily MA tunnel

I, on the other hand, had two more losing trades (including an MA crossover trade that wasn’t MMTT), for a total loss on the day of -98.8 pips.

:cool:

Goes to show 2 people trading the same system can have very different results.
How many trades was it for you today? -98 seems like a bad day. you will get them back wasn’t some one saying they had a 600 pip day once trading this strat;)

Rui has mentioned some stunning numbers with this strat, but I have yet to see them. Today was really bad and I probably should have just walked away by lunchtime at -48 pips, even though I wasn’t trading out of anger or frustration or anything (that’s the best part about a micro account trading 10 to 20 cents a pip).

30 of those 98 pips came from my ill-advised attempt at trading a TalonD 1H crossover, even though I didn’t wait for one full candle to close on the other side, as I had to go to work. :o Lost another 10 pips on a non-MMTT scalping attempt.

So 58 of them came via MMTT, 38 while I was on trading with Rui. I also doubled up a -15 pip MMTT loss to -30 by taking two different trades on correlating pairs at the same time. So by the time you take out all my dumb newbie mistakes, it was really about 43 pips via MMTT.

I’m kind of drifting away from that now, it’s great when it works but hard to filter out the ranging times. moving more towards a daily strat now, very much like this mmtt

Looking back at historical data, it just seemed to work most of the time; but I was going to ask if you’d figured out any way to differentiate between true crossovers and ranging moves.

the mmtt can be profitable and it can be frustrating. im still practicing it on a demo before i jump into it. today was a good day for it.

Finished with 3 winning trades today and 2 break evens (one of the BEs would have been another win, but I moved SL to BE too quickly). Only traded MMTT today and, although I got online an hour late, still cleared 63 pips!

So I am very happy. :smiley: Now if only I’d been awake earlier to grab that huge G/U drop… :eek:

MMTT FTW :cool: