The mmtt system

Have you tried to use a proxy to access the site? It should allow you to join also if the site is blocked.

yeah, tried that. Our IT guys are pretty thorough and sophisticated when it comes to blocking things. We’ve won awards for having one of the most advanced technology school systems in the nation. All the latest greatest stuff. Proud of that, but makes it really hard to get past the blockades.

Unless they block all the traffic and allow just a few specific sites, you should be able to bounce to a computer at home, which you leave connected when you are at work. It is not the fastest solution, but for a chat it should work.
Another solution would be to use an internet key, there you have no restriction also if you are at work.

hello,

i love this your system, but how will i get this your system/ indicator downloads on my mt4 trading platform

no one post here any more??

guess everyone is in the chat now and forget to visit this treath and post their experience with the system:p

well after those really bad 2 last days of the last week i´m back to profits… today i made 173 pips and still counting…

merchantprince…aka: the master of PDFs is working in a new one with the rules we use in the chat… still working in the best exit rules yet… but almost there.

I just want to throw out a simple way I have used the MMTT trade idea.
This is not optimized just simple and it has made me some money with little work. We all like that.

When I see 3 or more pairs all outside the channel I will pick one pair to watch of the group then when it shows an entry signal I enter in all the pairs outside the channel making sure to enter in the right direction in each pair. I trade smaller lots and set a 30 to 50 pip stop. I watch the over all P/L as the trades runs when it gets to a point I like I close all. Sometimes one pair will take off and some will be negative ,sometimes they will all go your way. I watch the pairs individual P/L and if one pair refuses to cooperate I close it out. Like I said not optimized but easy.

This is not set it and walk away this is have your trading platform in the back ground and keep checking it. Thats the work part not waiting for 4 pairs to each show a good entry is the easy part.

I did something similar yesterday because the eu, gu and gj had crossed the sma at almost the same time. But as soon as the gj and gu gave valid entries and profits, I entered the trade on the eu but it did retrace a lot before it made profits. All the same, yesterday was a great day as I made some profits for the second time trading this method. Thanks ruiliman22

For me, the chat room is more efficient. And personally, I don’t see why I should repeat the same questions I ask in the chat room back in baby pips. So you can’t blame anyone.

I gather your trade sizes are very small to accommodate several open trades with such large SLs. Or are you just quick on the gun for any that drop 8 or 9 pips?

I’m in a bit of a dilemma and would appreciate if someone could give me solution to this problem. I know we have not got the best exit strategy yet but which one for now is the best way to exit this strategy? Is it using rr 1:3 TP, trailing stop, or 15 and 20 SMA?

I believe the guys have been using one or all of these at different times. Rui mentioned having a better win rate when he just stuck to 1:2 TP but when I first started trading MMTT he would set his TPs either on the other side of the channel or in the middle of the channel. I believe you have to look at what the pair is doing on higher TFs to see whether you can go for more or whether a 1:2/1:3 TP is more prudent.

The question of when to exit has been an ongoing one for this strategy; perhaps one of the other guys could offer their opinion.

Question to the MMTT traders:

Is this the [I]only [/I]system you use? If no, why not? Asking for clarity, that’s all.

i have traded this way also. if all pairs add up to 20+ pips i would close and take advantage of those pips.

also, does anyone know of any fxbook type programs (keeps track of your account progress) that are compatible with FXCM?

I am running this MMTT strat through a simulator [Demo] trading EURJPY, GBPUSD & USDJPY pairs since a couple of weeks to find out at what point of a move entry signals are generated & most importanly when this is happening.

The high probability/low risk entry signals are generated when a minimum of 3 TF’s show the same candle color.

If you trade 5m you would see the same color candle on 15m & 1h also.
The more TF show the same color candle the better.

Those signals have the highest probability of capturing the biggest part of a move & they are generated in a 2 way order flow situation with high volume.

As for targets/TP?
Ditch them.
Take as much profit as the market gives you.

I have started using another method in addition to this and was thinking of starting a thread on it. MMTT looks for price to be at an extreme and trades it back towards center of the chanel. I also have been working on a way to trade price from inside the chanel as it moves towards the extreme. Sort of a reverse mmtt
It looks good so far.

maybe combine them and get the best of both worlds :wink:

That’s what I had in mind. I like MMMTT and something very similar that RCarter told me about. Seems like a good idea to use two or three good strategies in combination.

I’ve been looking for this, as well. Myfxbook works with MT4, but you can’t trade a micro account with MT4, so I tried Meetpips.com - the service recommended here - but the process of adding trades to the journal is cumbersome and requires several steps. If there were a way to merely add the raw price info for each trade quickly, for several trades per day, Meetpips might be the answer.

But I would really love to be able to use myfxbook with my FXCM micro account. I even started a thread on FXCM’s Micro account forums asking for such a program, but my post didn’t yield any good ideas.

If anyone knows a program where you can put in your order data and get cool analytical charting like https://www.myfxbook.com/ please let me and hesone know.

Update: I just added a note to the suggestion box over on myfxbook asking for them to add functionality for FXCM’s Trading Station II platform:

Please add Trading Station II functionality from FXCM

If you are registered on myfxbook, you can vote for this suggestion by adding your “+1” to the post.

If you grant third parties access to your account you are breaching your obligation to keep passwords secure and ensure that

[B][U]third parties do not obtain access to the trading facilities[/U][/B]

as explicity stated on [I]Page 2 FXCM Client Trading Agreement[/I].

You are liable for termination of your account.
You are also liable for possible damages occured by FXCM & myfxbook.

Some people in here really need a reality check!

Granting a third party read-only access to your account history is different than what you are suggesting used. Many brokers are set up to provide a password to an account holder that they can give to a third party that grants such access to use for services like myfxbook and others.