The Most Profitable Trading Pattern You Will Ever Encounter

It is high-low, I was probably wrong on post 14. I’ll revise it.

Maybe many are doing it wrong lol. Anyways, the EA is corrected and there is 74% profitable trades on EUR/USD over a 3 year period. @PhillipPirrip could you please revise your 1st post within this topic and be more clear on stoch settings and anything else you could add so that everything is clear. I’d appreciate it.

OK, thanks for the clarification

Thanks mate. Appreciate your response.

DD

To get the EA I released to work, make sure autotrading is enabled within MT4 options and make sure your broker digits are correct within EA settings.

Awaiting your updated new EA. Thanks man.

EA 6.12.2012 TO 3.27.2015 Tests with close/close stoch and high/low settings stoch

NOTE: I am noticing order modify errors on version 3, not sure on version 2. I thought I fixed this but it is not resolved. I will look into this. Please do not use EA’s on live account for now until I figure out the order modify errors and the stop loss that didn’t happen on USD JPY

Version 1.3 EA H4
EUR/USD
with stop loss defaults on EA using close/close setting on stoch

gross profit:$564.50
gross loss: $129.90
profit trades total: 72.09%

without stop loss using close/close setting on stoch

gross profit: $565.40
gross loss:$128.50
profit trades total:72.09%

USD/JPY
Without stop loss using close/close settings

gross profit: $348.86
gross loss: $895.25 - this loss is in one trade that happened on 12.10.2014 and should have been prevented with stop loss. I need to look into this. Version 2 does not take part in this trade. Without this loss: 75.33 is the only loss.
profit trades total: 78.72%

with stop loss defaults on EA using close/close setting on stoch
gross profit: $351.97
gross loss: $892.90 - this loss is in one trade that happened on 12.10.2014 and should have been prevented with stop loss. I need to look into this. Version 2 does not take part in this trade.
profit trades total: 78.72%

Version 1.2 EA H4

EUR/USD
With stop loss on defaults using high/low settings

gross profit:$255.70
gross loss: $564.80
profit trades total:82.76 %

Without stop loss using high/low settings

gross profit: $255.20
gross loss: $565.30
profit trades total: 82.76%

USD/JPY
With stop loss on defaults using high/low settings

gross profit: $116.69
gross loss: $62.88
profit trades total: 84% profitable trades

with no stop loss on EA using high/low setting on stoch
gross profit: $116.69
gross loss:$62.88
profit trades total: 84% profitable trades

Feel free to test the EA’s below

version 1.3 is close/close
version 1.2 is high/low

UPDATE: added more data. Not sure why when I scanned again for more data, some things changed.

UPDATE 2: added more data on more currency pairs. I will update data again when version 3 is fixed.

1st thing to do is change .txt to .mq4.
2nd thing is to change EA settings to what you want. Manual stop loss set to 0 means off and it will use Phillips strategy for stop loss instead. Set 5 digit broker if you have a 5 digit broker. If you don’t, leave this option off. Lastly, make sure autotrading is enabled in MT4 options. Simply go to Tools, options, and check allow automated trading. Then, click OK

Hi techy, i did a random strategy test on AUDJPY H4, based on EA version 1.3

First two trades are incorrect. The EA opens a buy order when it should be a sell order. Attached screenshot for your reference for the first trade.

Edit: I ran a few more random tests and the EA is doing the opposite. Buying when its supposed to sell and vice versa.

I think this is the piece of code that is running it incorrectly?
// Trade signal

if(    inBuyMode==false && (ema1<ema2 && ema1_prev>=ema2_prev).....

when it should be
ema1>ema2?

I also just backtested the EURUSD pair and it lookslike i got opposite entry signals. Selling when it should be buying and vise versa. Down 1.31% since Oct.01.2014

Great work, you almost have it! Very, very close!

Yea, I’m looking into this all right now. I’m trying lol.

techy…

1. I figured out those lines of codes and changed them as I had suspected. The ema condition was incorrect. But will leave it to you to make the changes and update a new EA.
  2. Below are results of AUDJPY from 2014/01 - 2015/03

There were two big losers, and in both these instances, the losing trades were because EMA 20 & 50 flat lined. -> I’m not sure how this can be coded in logically into the system. But here are details of the two losing trades for anyone who wants to visually check:

Trade1: 2014.01.13 16:00, buy@ 93.67 (Lost: -142.39)
Trade1: 2015.02.03 12:00, [email protected] (Lost: -237.96)

1. Issues with exits. I checked only one trade, but it could have exited at 0 loss instead of -27.52

OK thanks for the input. I’ll work on this now.

@jw1981, I think I can code it to not trade in non-trending markets. This would prevent some trades when the market is sideways. Do you think that could work?

If there is a way, then it would be great (preferably as a True/False option so there won’t be debates around it).

OK, I’ll look at this and if I can do it, I’ll add on/off option also

Techy, I backtested JW’s version on the EURUSD pair and noticed that it took a short on the 2nd signal (Feb.02.15). I hope this helped

It was set to true and auto trading was working but it still didn’t take the trade.

OK, I will test this when I have finished updating the EA. I will then release it again. I should have it released by next Wednesday bug free and working.

Techy, do you have access to data prior to 6/2012? And can you generate trade logs so that we can compare our respective simulations? Would be a nice sanity check for both of us. Unfortunately, my code runs on a proprietary platform, so it’s not usefully shareable.

[B]My Simulation Post:[/B]
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/72042-most-profitable-trading-pattern-you-will-ever-encounter-83.html#post692930