The Perfect Hedge

Slightly spammy but I just had to share it.

I currently have trades active as follows:

short AUDCHF,
long GBPCHF
short GBPAUD

All for 1/3rd of my available margin per trade, 0.48% account size risk, 5:1 rr.

Got to love it as each of the 3 currencies is hedged against each other. This is a 3-way hedge set up beautifully.

New traders, try and think why this is beautiful and how you can replicate a similar thing in the future.

1 Like

This is what you call a currency ring.

1 Like

Hi, I am not a new trader, but I do not have the time to go through all the permutations. And maybe new traders will not have the knowledge to either.

I would be grateful if you can explain how this plan results in the perfect hedge, then we can try to punch holes in it. Surely that would be more useful to us and to you too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

How did they play out?

1 Like

Is that risk:reward?

Or reward:risk?

I hope that’s 1:5 risk:reward! Big money!!

Yes, reward to risk 5:1.

Market consolidated, trades aborted at 9$ loss on a $50000 account.

1 Like

You have an interesting strategy to trade 5:1 r:r trades, and be profitable.

Please explain it! I’m curious. Jenna Fx had a similar r:r, and she did very well as she used a breakout strategy on M15.

What’s your strategy like?

This is interesting. Do you close all trades at the same time?

Why don’t you share a basic outline of this trading plan with some explanations/examples so we can consider it more fully? I’m sure many would be interested to hear this idea.

Smith2525 referred to it as a “currency ring”. So this must be a known topic/strategy. And that being the case, there must be some good reason(s) why more people aren’'t using it. It would be good to look at these disadvantages too.

I did a bunch of backtesting with various different “currency rings” and they perform about as well as any other strategy, you win some, you lose some.

2 Likes

Just posted my strategy in the free strategy section of the forum.

It’s wordy, has insane confluence, scaling and brilliant trade management. Honestly, most of the money is in how you manage an open trade nowadays.

Feel free to have a look!

3 Likes

A perfect hedge is nothing but the hedge that reduces your risk to minimum.The best hedge in Forex trading is to trade the same amount in both directions.This way, if the trade goes against you, you still have the same amount exposed when you close the trade.

This the one?

A perfect hedge is nothing but the hedge that reduces your risk to zero.The best hedge in Forex trading is to trade the same amount in both directions.This way, if the trade goes against you, you still have the same amount exposed when you close the trade.