The Perfect Trade

Imagine this scenario. You open up your laptop and start your precheck ritual. You come across some mediocre setups but one setup finally jumps out at you. The weekly timeframe looks like it just turned south after a long run up and a super clean double top. You sink down to the daily and wouldn’t you know it? You find yourself staring at moving averages that are screaming at you! Things get a little worrisome on the 15 minute chart but by the time you get to the 1 minute chart, you realize you’re now staring at the end of a retracement!

The red candle stretches. It closes with no wick in site. You’re in!

You spend half an hour monitoring the trade and get it up to 5% of your balance. Now you get to relax for a bit.

Now at 3 hours into the trade, you’re looking at a 30% increase. You feel th itch to take that chunk of change off the table but you know that’s emotion talking so you get a grip on them and put your diamond encrusted holding gloves on. You already moved your stop loss to 10% pure profit…dream big!

The end of the day rolls around and you already have your SL placed well on the 4 hour chart. Sleep is easy to come by because of that thankfully.

Now week one has wrapped up and you’re having a hard time getting anything done. You’ve moved your SL to 100% profit and that fact is making you break out in fits of maniacal giggling.

2 months later the market finally flips. You take your 3100% gain. Oh oh, here comes the laugh again. It’s impossible to contain in light of the fact that tax wise, it’s all capital gains!

Visualize THAT my friends (seriously, do it)!

2 Likes

Your username is interesting. What does it mean? :slight_smile:

It means I’ve been a roofer, sider, framer, house jacker, everything to do with concrete (and I mean everything :grin:), door to door sales, retail sales, cook, asbestos removal, courier, swamper, forklift driver, factory worker, janitor, furniture assembler Glazier, farm worker, trail guide for a horse ranch, furniture mover and handyman.

That’s enough lol

3 Likes

Fantastic post. What a ride!

Was this by any chance GBP/USD short? If not it must have been USD/JPY long?
:slight_smile:

I haven’t gotten it yet but I built my strategy around the scenario. It’s what I aim for on most trades. My biggest has been a 70% gain over 3 days.

I think I got a few more gray hairs on that first day.

4 Likes

It sound fantastic! It’s a perfect trade that most of traders are dreaming about…

1 Like

Yo these are all jobs that pay a TON these days! You must be banking!

What?!! May I know your risk management rules! How much % you are taking on your per trade?

Yeah but I always had holes in my pockets. Spending it is more fun than making it :grin:

Only 1%. I start on the 1 minute chart though. The trick is to keep a loose stop after you’re in profit by 1 or 2%. That’s when the internal psycho-babble eases off a bit.

When I was a newbie I also faced kind of similar situation; actually Forex trading is a wide game!

No truer words have been said!

1 Like

I believe the perfect trade is when you can understand how it works and make changes accordingly.

I think a perfect trade indicates a flawless trades that generate substantial profits.

Oh, the sweet delusions of grandeur! The glory of hitting that proverbial jackpot, I can practically hear the cash registers chiming in the distance. Your story had me riveted - the suspense was palpable, like a juicy thriller novel where the hero miraculously escapes certain doom, and then, against all odds, pulls off a 3100% gain! It’s almost poetic.

Let’s all take a moment to appreciate the sheer audacity of moving the stop loss to 100% profit. Not for the faint-hearted, I assure you. And the giggling…oh, the uncontrollable giggling! It’s a side effect not many talk about in the world of trading. It’s not the stress or the market analysis that gets you; it’s the maniacal laughter that echoes through your house in the middle of the night.

But alas, I hate to burst the bubble (and I promise, it’s purely out of friendly jest), but even in our wild dreams, the market isn’t as cooperative as it is in your tale. Wouldn’t it be something if every retracement led to a treasure trove? It would certainly make tax season more enjoyable, albeit a bit more complicated. Though, I must admit, ‘capital gains’ has a lovely ring to it.

Cheers to visualizing the impossibly perfect trades! May our trading realities be just as exciting, if not as wildly profitable. And remember, diamond encrusted holding gloves are optional, but recommended for added effect.

Oh, the sweet delusions of grandeur! The glory of hitting that proverbial jackpot, I can practically hear the cash registers chiming in the distance. Your story had me riveted - the suspense was palpable, like a juicy thriller novel where the hero miraculously escapes certain doom, and then, against all odds, pulls off a 3100% gain! It’s almost poetic.

Let’s all take a moment to appreciate the sheer audacity of moving the stop loss to 100% profit. Not for the faint-hearted, I assure you. And the giggling…oh, the uncontrollable giggling! It’s a side effect not many talk about in the world of trading. It’s not the stress or the market analysis that gets you; it’s the maniacal laughter that echoes through your house in the middle of the night.

But alas, I hate to burst the bubble (and I promise, it’s purely out of friendly jest), but even in our wild dreams, the market isn’t as cooperative as it is in your tale. Wouldn’t it be something if every retracement led to a treasure trove? It would certainly make tax season more enjoyable, albeit a bit more complicated. Though, I must admit, ‘capital gains’ has a lovely ring to it.

Cheers to visualizing the impossibly perfect trades! May our trading realities be just as exciting, if not as wildly profitable. And remember, diamond encrusted holding gloves are optional, but recommended for added effect.