The "SET IT AND FORGET IT" EA

This EA is working out really well for me so I thought I would share it.

Please post your forward results.

I am currently running this on a live account through Forex.com and it’s making me some nice profits.

The zip file comes with the EA, Template and Set file I use.

I am trading .01 lots

With small accounts don’t use MM

You can use it with any pairs but I only use it on the majors.

H4 Timeframe only

If you use it on multiple pairs change the Magic number to 10000, 20000, 30000 etc for each pair.

Good Luck and please post your results.

UPDATED
Dec 12, 2008 @ 9:09am EST
Added set files for 7 different currencies. I do not recommened using on any other currencies than what the presets are designed for. Please disregard the preset in the origional zip if you want.

3MoveEA.zip (2.88 KB)

PreSets.zip (3.19 KB)

RiggRepair,

Which time frame are u using the EA on?

How long have you been trading this EA?

Thanks for sharing, will give it a shot! :slight_smile:

Gosh great question.

H4 timeframe ONLY
Been trading it since last week along with 4 other EA’s and this one was great. I bought the winning solution system and Renegades Stork pro and I like this much better, and it was free.

I will post daily forward live account results this week.

Friday I let it go unattended and left the house for 5 hours and it made me $38.00USD

Hey bro,
Tell us more about this EA. How do we install and what are the settings etc. Thanks.

This is a quote from another site that explains it very well:
Hats off to Funyoo

Yellow MA = SMA5
Orange MA = SMA15
Red MA = SMA36

When the yellow MA is over the red MA, we go long, then we exit when the yellow MA is under the orange MA.

When the yellow MA is under the red MA, we go short, then we exit when the yellow MA is over the orange MA.

The expert advisor buys/sells also when the yellow MA crosses the orange MA at the condition that the orange MA and the yellow MA are over/under the red MA. And the exit is only made at the next opposite signal. The results are theorically better with these rules.

Now this is me:

As far as the settings, thats the set file I posted.

1. Download zip file from 1st post and unzip
  2. Copy EA to experts EA folder in your Meta Platform you use
  3. Copy the set to the Experts —> Preset File folder
  4. Copy the Template to —> Template folder
  5. Restart the MetaTrader platform if it was running or just start it.
  6. Add to chart whichever pair you are going to trade
  7. Change timeframe to H4
  8. Right Click on chart and goto Templates —> Load Templates —> Three Moving Averages Template
  9. In your EA directory on the left click and drag the Three Moving Averages EA to the Chart
  10. Click the Load button on the pop up window and load the 3Move set file
  11. Click okay
  12. Make sure there is a smiley face at he top right corner

This set file is for small accounts, it will trade .01 lots. If you are trying on a demo account with 5k account you can change the lots to .1 and you use Money Management option. Backtesting worked best using money management with 5k or above. DrawDown was small.

How many did trades did you have last week? You made $38.00 from .01 lots (is that 10 cents on a standard account)? TIA!

10 cents, I looked back at my account and it was from 9:30am EST to 5:00pm where I made the $38. It would have been more but I manually closed out two trades that, if left open would have made more.Like I said, I am still learning this system to, I am excited about it because I have but a couple systems that havent paid off and it’s nice to finally find one thats making me money.

That’s pretty good…I’ll give this EA a shot this week. I was just wondering how often it was trading. I’m going to place it on the 4 majors as well…

Hey Bnbb,
I started the Ea on a demo account right at 5:00pm today (Sunday) and it has opened three trades:

usd/chf .47 & .43 lots - two sell orders that are both up
aud/nzd - .50 lots - one sell order that is way down and has not closed out

This is a $5,000 demo account and the only thing I changed on the set file I posted was Money Management = True

I did not start the EA on my live account at 5:00pm because I wanted to wait at least 4 hours being a new week. I have it running now for about 2 hours and it has not had any trades yet.

On my live account I will not manually take trades. I am going to let the EA do all trading for me this week.

I have it running on these pairs:

EUR/USD
GBP/USD
USD/JPY
USD/CHF
USD/CAD
AUD/USD
EUR/JPY

I am a little nervous about this but all the tweaking I have done the EA makes the best profit when you let it work with no SL or TP. I will post throughout each day on the progress.

The only thing I ask of everyone is when we have a “Three Moving Averages EA Millionaires Get Together” I request it be somewhere WARM. I live in Michigan and this snow stinks!!!

I am going to leave this running 24/7 on my live account so keep your fingers crossed for me.

kinda strange …just loaded you EA, and went short about half hour ago in aud/usd …but, the strange part is it went short when the yellow/orange were going vertical through the red…

doesnt this indicate a buy??? and not a sell???

thanks

Working great on demo account at forex.com. Got 65 pips on AUD/USD in last few hours. I placed similar trade almost at same time manually on fxcm (live). Made a decent profit. I just kept SL at 20 with manual closing of the trade for profit.

The only question I have for riggsrepair is that as this does not enter in with a SL or TP. Will it close the trade when moving averages cross for opposite? or trade has to be closed manually.

I might not be a millionare but would certainly be a part of your thread “Three Moving Averages EA Millionaires Get Together” with all the warmth from south.

Thanks

It does the trade at the close of the bar so it should have been a sell. Mine did the same thing on both accounts, the EA was right, Im up on both.

double post

The only question I have for riggsrepair is that as this does not enter in with a SL or TP. Will it close the trade when moving averages cross for opposite? or trade has to be closed manually.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

It will exit at the opposite signal automatically. You don’t have to manually close the trade.

Glad you are having good luck with it Swarji :smiley:

Hi, I’m trying your EA on demo, I’ll report back later :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

For some reason I never changed the magic numbers on my charts and since my max trades were set to 3 it hasnt opened anymore trades. So I have changed the magic numbers again, hopefully it will get back on track.

Can you please explain… do you use same magic number for all the charts or different? - I have set them to 10000, 20000, 30000 and up to the numbers of charts I have open…

You need to change the magic numbers for each pair. You did it right, 10000, 20000,30000 etc. What happened to me was the magic numbers were not changed so since my Add Orders = True and my Max Orders = 3 after it opened 3 trades it would not open anymore on any pair because the magic number was the same for all pairs. If I had set the magic numbers to 10000,20000,30000,40000 etc it would have mirrored the Sell orders the demo account placed for EUR/JPY and offset the previous Sell order for EUR/JPY earlier. Basically with different magic numbers the EA will treat each pair seperatley, with the same magic number it tracks all pairs together, hense only 3 max orders at a time for all pairs instead of 3 max orders per pair.