The Sex of Trading

I’m in uk -and many in Ausralia nad every other continent are hugely aware of Professor Doctor Jordan Peterson and his magnificent ability. I commend his videos for your perusal !

Jordan Peterson has written many books and his “12 rules for life” is a seller of over 1 million !

He has over 2 million subscibers on you tube and is the authority on so many issues it is unbelievable

Here is his definitive work on "Men and women as social constructs " :smiley:

This is a major reason WHY the Ultra Left hate him :wink:

Not at all - he simply tells the truth as it is !

However I accept your refusal to accept that !

I have seen his input criticised by someone I agree with _ just once

I thought this would be about having sex while trading. :blush: But anyway, I saw a pretty girl yesterday, and I naturally liked her. I felt as if I had butterflies in my stomach. Now I understand what people mean when they say butterflies in the stomach.

1 Like

2 Likes

I never heard of Jordan Peterson in my life, before initiating this thread.

Now, I am hearing too much about him.

Thanks for the info, though. Very complete counter picture that confirms my first impressions from the videos that invaded this thread. This kind of ideology is definitively not for me.

What is it with those guys, that they always love Nietzsche? I actually enjoy Nietzsche a lot and have none of those ideas.

Anyway, I’d rather not see this becoming a thread about Jordan Peterson, since the thread focuses on new traders performances and particularly the apparently much better performance of women traders. I would much rather go back to that.

Moving on, I would REALLY like to find some data about traders performance by sex. Before his avalanche of Peterson’s videos Falstaff mentioned that " Brokers are required by the Legal Regulators (in Europe anyway) to keep statistics on “Winners and Losers” " There we have an interesting tip. Any idea how to access this data, maybe?

1 Like

Hey! That sounds like a MUCH BETTER THREAD IDEA!

Butterflies in the stomach are the best. If they ever go away, make sure to find a way to bring them back…

GO FIND THAT GIRL!

1 Like

@UpFromZero Hello, yes, let us go back to the thread topic.

I vaguely remember asking FXCM about client profitability statistics by gender but I seem to recall that they do not have those metrics available. Maybe you could approach another broker and ask about any such metrics?

1 Like

Hey PipMeHappy, I am new to trading so I don’t really know the ropes yet but I seem to recall from the Babypips school of Pipsology course that there are some entities that supervise broker activities in the EU, USA, etc…They should either have that data, or at least manage to get it through the brokers.

I will do some research at some point ( a bit lazy about it) and try to email them to see what their response is…

1 Like

Great! If you get anywhere with it, make sure to share the findings with us!

I certainly will.

I am REALLY curious now about those stats :slight_smile:

By the way, thanks for your contribution to the thread. Really valuable.

1 Like

i dont think they have those data processed available.

likely that they do have datas available on the profitability on traders but i dont think that they have those data sorted in a way that you can seperate into male and femal traders.

thats probably work that still must be done.

the issue thou is data protection, a broker isnt allowed to give you the name specific data of their client, so a diversification into male and female will not be possible by a person who is outside of this source.

anyways: in my opinion it is very logical that female could be better at trading.
now im for sure nobody to reduce genders by their roles when we were cavemen, but the natural attributes support a tendency in woman of “collecting” and “avoding risks” while male are the “hunter” type of personality (usualy) which in trading does not help much and puts them in “unnecessary risks”.

i also agree strongly, through the experience i me employing several females in my company, that woman have less “ego-issues” and accept a higher knowledge before men do so, who like to question authority constantly (rebelling) -even if it is a hurdle for their self development, and therefore faster accept the common knowledge which leads to a sooner and better performance of “knowledge applied” than men usually have.

2 Likes

Good call, I suspect the same.

Very good tip. We actually don t need any personal info such as names, addresses, etc, only male/female. I don’t think that would go against data/privacy protection but I am no expert. There could be an issue there.

Exactly, the arguments presented by the author such as higher risk aversion, lower egos, higher motivation make a lot of sense to me, and should actually bring better results. That is why I posted the article: It is based on years of observation and it all makes sense. Are his stats correct? I would like to see a much larger sample, over several years to be sure about that.

Do you have a trading company?

2 Likes

I don’t know if its a coincidence or karma, but I just found out a blog post about women in trading and now to read that we have some random guy statistics backing it out is all the incentive I needed to focus on my studies!

2 Likes

Well, you certainly have much better odds than me :slight_smile:

You might want to check @PipMeHappy thread about women in trading as well. More articles and lots of positive feedback. Plus he has been around for a long time. He really knows what he is talking about.

As long as you are learning, observing charts, demo trading and do not actually put a single dime at risk, you are perfectly ok.

Afterwards, when you will know a ton more, you will be able to decide what to trade (forex, stocks, crypto, etc) and how to trade it.

At least it is how I see it, but don t pay much attention to my opinion as I am fresh new and just about to finish the Pipsology academy course You should ask / follow threads of the big guys here :slight_smile:

I wish you a great learning journey and future profitable trades.

1 Like

welcome @MaydayJane and …UpFromZero is very kind but I am no guru, in fact there are some people on here who make some returns but do not post much, so a high-post number is no guarantee… Plus it depends on what sort of trading you can manage, and then trying to find someone who is doing something similar… It is no use getting trained up by a scalper if you intend to park your money in stocks for 5+ years… Just saying…

@UpFromZero The privacy issue arises with BabyPips too, in that there is no way to know how many of its current (active or non-active) members are male /female, at least not without breaching privacy. However I disagree, personally, that dividing people into gender, age, nationality/provenance AT THE POINT OF JOINING could not be done: only if you divulge someone’s name, address, telephone number etc. do you breach their privacy or endanger their right to anonymity.

Anyway, as my good friend @MrDE says, there is work to be done.

2 Likes

Lets say we had account numbers (or ids) that would not divulge any personal info, and we tied that to Female/Male typology and profit/losses only (without divulging anything else) , I really don’t see a problem with privacy.

But as you pointed out it would probably need to reshape the whole database structure: The kind of thing that site owners usually love doing and are very eager to put in place as soon as possible…

MrDE is pretty cool and I totally agree with the statement. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

People are here because they Want to be here. Some disclose their sex, some don’t.

I don’t think it would add any value to our experience to be identified - by Race, sex, religion, age, weight, addictions, political affiliations, disabilities, colour etc etc.

In fact I can see it as a potential disadvantage.

We are PEOPLE - INDIVIDUALS

We are not “Groups” !

1 Like

I see your point and I agree with you, all that private data is nobody business.

However a simple, anonymous sex disclosure (Male/Female) would be very useful for stats. Nationality would be good too. It could even be optional, people would disclose it only if they wanted to…

Agreed

1 Like