The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

Also liking EU for a short, but I’m playing it conservative waiting with a pending sell order at tue’s low 1.3086

Ah Hog… the trick is to go for a younger model periodically… the trade in costs can be prohibitive… your house and favourite potted plant. But on the plus side… a new model with all the ‘gadgets’ and twenty years younger than the last more than compensates. Easier to start and fewer breakdowns! LOL!!!

d-pip… I don’t know about that entry? Daily low fractal (I dare you lol) is at 2994 so technically were still in a daily upmove. 4h though printed a fractal high at 3171 so I’m looking for a drop off the 4h high but don’t expect it to drop too far? More of a correction.

Fractals? :confused:

bill williams swing high/low

Indeed it does, so every 50 pip move is halved for me, but I make it work.

Yeh… try putting up ‘fraggle rock’ lol on 4h and daily and a zigzag on the 4h set to 12:1:1 & 3:1:1 and on the daily 5:1:1 & 3:1:1 and you’ll see what I’m looking at. I’d post a pic but well… ahum… technically ‘challenged’ :18:

fury… its a joke going WAY back! LOL!!!

So My EurAu trade panned out for 41pips, I close after the large bearish 4hr candle that stalled at the asian range of the previous day, and it looks like i chose a good spot.

Still short Gu with a stop above last week’s high with r:r 50pips. And R Carter I hate reading that you think the down move may just be corrective, I really wanted a 2:1 trade back to the lows… Your the trader I am trying to figure out the most, you present a lot of good info, but you never post charts, gd mysteryman.

I really want to ask what an RCarter chart looks like, I imagine it has fractals, 50sma 200sma maybe 100sma, important highs and lows, I heard mention of some 3ema shifted thing I think. I really need to make an RCarter words of wisdom pamphlet like when you say statistically it should play back into the range etc…

Oh god the stalker is divulging too much hahaha

I guess I havent stalked that well then.

Hehe… you won’t find sma or ema 50, 100, 200 or otherwise on my charts. Yes fractals but only off the 4h and daily. The zigzag is there as described but only to isolate the important fractal high and lows statistically. Lurk all you like… but I’m no Oracle… just been at this awhile. :smiley:

EUR/USD: Hemmed in by big flows | ForexLive :frowning:

So do you base most of your entries off previous highs/lows and fractals? I mention the moving averages because i swear you make reference to price finding support or resistance at them… hmm I use the 50 as a trending bias in a method I have learned.

Dont worry I have read up your back story lol and know your a vet. Can you recommend a book on your high low and fractal trading? I am currently into candle stick patterns. This higher timeframe stuff is alot more relaxing and understandable. Looking at a 15min chart can get you so lost in the grand scheme.

A Vet? LOL!!! Cheeky bugger! Although … ahum… I did know a pretty one in uni lol. Nope don’t use moving averages they will ‘whipsaw’ you. No I don’t use previous highs and lows… thats akin to back testing. PA will go forward and print fractal highs and lows within a given TF… now that I do pay attention too… especially off the 4h and daily.

EDIT: I’ll save you the trouble… candlestick patterns will loose you money… at best there good for around 30% right.

Man, I’ve just been kicked out of bed for snoring, EU fast asleep aswell by the looks of it. But you boys have been kicking up a storm by the looks of it.

As for the younger model RC, can’t do that I’m afraid. I took the current one on one of those “buy now, pay the rest of your life” deals. Thought it was a good deal when both our body works were still bright and shiny. I see enough of the younger models on a Saturday night in my job and Jesus most of them frighten me to death.

As for fury labelling RC a vet, that was funny. Bloody whippersnappers eh RC?

Already having fun in this thread lol. Well if what I am currently trying to implement doesnt work, according to your statistics I will have a damn good counter strategy. I have the fractals plotted on my charts and i have flipped back and forth between daily and the 4hr and been googling fractal strategies, but could you give me an idea of how you are using this to make entries… I am just too curious.

Which reminds me I wanted to ask Tang a little more about his stuff… Maybe Ill sum up the courage after a nice dark lager. Going to watch some hockey in the land of ice and snow.

Lol, I’m doing pretty well. Don’t post much on forums much anymore but I still lurk a lot haha. How have you been? Still enjoying the retired life?

Looks as though the 1-31 barrier is the hardest door to break down right now.

Good link d-pip to the EU being hemmed in article. Still looking for 1-3050.

And I think by the sounds of it hellogoodbye4201 that RC was forced to retire at 50. Has to save all the enrgy for the 20 year younger model y’see LOL !!

I viewed this morning as the Judas - the fake out… I think we’ll get another stab up before a real drop… Im in long at 1.59 GU… Hoping to see it run up to atleast 1.594/5 :51:

Nice one Sanj. Looked like that worked out well for you after that UK data.

I’m having a little go at a long E/U from 1.3086 after it came back to the 50% Fib. Took a hit this morning on an overnight long for -0.7% but clawed back +0.45% on a long from the early LO drop. Back in again now so we’ll see how it goes. Doesn’t look like equities are going to give a boost at the moment so looking a bit iffy right now.