The Trader's Arms - Now Open for Business

Yep SanJ my stop was hiding about there too… just before PA went where I thought it might… new memo to self… so you think PA will head in ‘x’ direction longer term’? Hmm… well if your away working or playing… don’t be a smart ass! :smiley:

Netdania has apps for iPhone, Blackberry and Andrioid and is useful for those traders who are not able to use the Meta Trader for PC at work for trading in the Forex markets.

I took the same trade last night… Entered at 1.3140… Hoping it will give a strong push down today…

Excellent, another tea drinker !! Ok, might be a funny colour, but tea is tea. Welcome aboard fury.

HoG

OK, for today by the sounds of it most of us are looking for for a drop EU after yesterday’s up move. Jusy before London open and we have drop very slightly under 1-31 for now.

My Daily Av Pip range, ( still running 154 pips ) would take us all the way back down to around 1-30 at the extreme. S2 on the daily pivot sits around 1-2950 ish. I’ve been trying to work out some sort of % on the frequency of price reaching any given Pivot level, which I am struggling with right now. But price will go to S2, but rarely gets beyond it too much.

Not saying it ca’t go beyond, price is his own man after all, but it doesn’t happen too often. That is if price DOES go lower in the first place though !!

Good luck for today guys, HoG

Morning all,

Nothing much to say as such, just wanted to make clear that I have not just left BP or, for that matter, this thread - we always take the kids away at Easter, so we got back on Saturday night from two weeks in Portugal, hence my silence these past couple of weeks - we left on 30th March.

I monitored the markets end of day while away, but only placed one trade - I went long AUD/CAD on 4th April. It worked out well enough, took partial profit at a Resistance level, and have the rest still open as a freebie. It was more a case of wanting to see whether I could keep a handle on things off a 30 minute evening scan, then have the discipline not to check in on it during the day. I passed that aspect of it, and made a profit on the trade, so pleased with that.

Anyway, as I say, nothing particular to say, just wanted to say that I am still around.

And on these two, this is probably not helpful but might be of passing interest: I am with eSignal, and my 240 bars are 0400, 0800, 1200 etc., so dovetail nicely with London open. eSignal is a pay service, however, and I have no idea whether other platforms can be changed.

Anyway, good to be back and sounds as though you have all been going well these past weeks so good news all round!

ST

Ah, young Master Templar. Returned from his voyages like a bronzed Adonis, primed and ready to resume the battle. Good to have you back sir.

Incidentally, got the 3 Amigos ok, talk soon, at work now.

HoG

In the absence of a webcam to make me a liar, I’ll agree with all of that.

Now get your eyes back on the road lol.

Missed my entry in the AJ by 3 pips :frowning:

hmm what i was concerned about ending up coming to fruition, but I am eyeing re-entry signals on a bunch of pairs. I know that I am not chasing and, being objective, I will post charts soon.

Thanks for the responses on the 4h candle question.

GG

Blame the broker…. just kidding :59:

I’ve got my eye on an AJ short, watching the 84.00 83.80 area. Also keeping an eye on AU for a short.

[img=http://s18.postimage.org/rd6uear45/2704gu.jpg]

Short EA on the bearish engulfing under the 50sma.

Short GU on a rejection of friday’s asian range, with a 4hr candle being broken that was the most recent high with a close in the bottom 1/4.

Picked GU instead of EU because the last 4hr bar had a more bearish close and reached friday’s asian range, Was also able to get a stop above friday’s highs which made me feel better. I did want to get back in EU as the close was bearish and I spotted an ICT reflection pattern.

[img=http://s13.postimage.org/640ojk3tv/2704eu.jpg]

Hmm upon further analysis if I would have taken my inside bar trade on the GU with normal stoploss parameters or even the high of the previous candle, I would have hit 1:1 and then breakeven. Took the EU on the ote setup and even if I used my regular stoploss guidelines I would have been stopped out… C’est la vie.

looks like your GU & EU shorts are working out okay! :smiley:

For the lack of something constructive to post about the days trading, of which for me there was none, I thought I’d post this piece, which has nothing, and yet everything, to do with trading. Forgive the indulgence gang.

[I]If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And - which is more - you’ll be a Man my son!
[/I]
Rudyard Kipling

I need to ask fury, at the bottom of your first image it says ‘spread 26 points’ ???

Anyway, what is it with the Euro that it won’t just collapse when it knows fine well I’m sitting here waiting for it to do so. Some currencies can just be plain selfish sometimes.

A good fall to at least 1-3050 before it goes above yesterday’s high (1-3175 ish) is all I’m asking, is that too much ???

I don’t think thats too much to ask Hog… I’m currently short EU… ‘time and pressure dear boy… time and pressure’. :slight_smile:

I fear something strange is afoot tonight RC. According to my trading platform, we’re just over an hour into the new day and our favourite pair ( EUR/CHF ) already has a range of 20 pips !! Something’s brewing I can feel it. I’m checking the skies for UFO’s as we speak and heading to bed with a garlic necklace and a crucifix !! Although, to be fair, I usually do take those things to bed when Mrs HoG gives me those eyes. You know the ones I’m talking about LOL !!

Anyway, it is bed-time. Talk to you later

HoG