The truth about forex: You CANT become rich

insider, hows the trading day going for ya today so far?

Heā€™s got no money left bro, all his clients got sick of paying his fees and went DIY!

No. Theyā€™re all read only.

Precisely, which is what dancat & the other guys were suggesting further back up the thread.

And considering no-one can prove they either know, or are any more successful than the average joe, folks might just as well peruse the educational school material to familiarise themselves with the basics & construct their own simple no-nonsense template to assist in identifying the current flow of the market.

These places are great as entertainment portals, but that really is about their limit.

oooooo, okā€¦

I donā€™t know why everyone gets so defensive over this thread. Be open minded a bit and see what heā€™s trying to say. I know his english isnā€™t good but the man has a point. It feels like everyone goes off on an old man rant that has nothing to do with the subject matter. Perhaps everyone has been trying so hard that an ā€œanti-successā€ thread is like a dagger to the heart. From what I tell, none of you are teaching phony systems for a living so why not just debate civilly, or can we not do that anymore?

Hi, you make good and valid points. The vast majority of retail traders fail. However, some do make it, I am one of those. I do not provide any myfxbook account and do not seek investors or desire to present any evidence of my claims. Those of us who make it soon realize that we become targets if we publicly display evidence of doing well. Tax authorities as well as criminal elements.

Youā€™re absolutely right that 10k USD is not enough to make a good income. Itā€™s a fair start however but it requires being able to add 1-2k every profitable month for a few years to build up a real trading account. Patience will show that 10k can become 100k sooner than you think. Just being able to make around 5% return per month means close to 80% per year. The dream becomes reality with patience and a few years. And not trying to brag, but 5% per month really isnā€™t that difficult once you have a solid grip on trading.

I am not sure if this person is trading at all.

anyway it is true that most people here, or anywhere else, will be better off stay away from tradingā€¦

but the same goes for starting up a business, success rate over there are also soberingā€¦ stay with your job and save as much as you can to avoid risks lolā€¦

This is not the truth. Just because you canā€™t make it work and are extremely bitter about that fact, doesnā€™t mean that trading forex profitably with less than millions in your account is a dream. ā€œYou WONT turn 10k into a millionā€ā€¦you are very wrong. Do what most people, and you will get what most people getā€¦losses. Get outside of the box, use compounding, and your 10 000 will be a million in less than a year.
Please, tell me, why make this very negative thread? I would honestly like to know what your motivation is? Helping? I just donā€™t understand.

I think heā€™s helping newbies save their money.

You cant turn 10k into a million in a year thats pretty much impossible

hahaha, impossible for you :wink:

I think the reality is that most retail traders are right in their trades. They are just right at the wrong time . And they open way to large positions and have no patience.

Patience and money management will take care of being right at the wrong time.

very difficult to do.

No one needs to pay for information or signals or programs. All the info you need is all free. Then you need to work on yourself .

I think about 5pc of retail traders out there are profiting from forex but the vast majority will lose over the long term.

The vast majority dont last a long time, they go in underfunded and over leverage, blowing their account in a few weeks

Yes, the vast majority of retail traders will not be successful, no argument there.
And the reason is that the vast majority of retail traders refuse to put in the research and effort necessary to be successful, and just do what everyone else says to do. But if 95% of traders fail, why listen to what ā€œmost traders doā€ā€¦ you WILL get the same result, loss. That, coupled with the lack of PATIENCE to build their accounts, spells their doom.
But to say unless you have millions in your account already, you will not make it, is ridiculous and profoundly inaccurate. Either you can trade profitably in the long term or you canā€™t.

Think about this seriously: Profitable trading is profitable trading, whether your trade size is 100 lots, 10 lots, 1 lot or 0.1 lot. Trade a percentage of your account (somewhere around 2%), use compounding and a successful strategyā€¦and off you go. Impossibleā€¦no, of course not, just think differently and find what really drives the market.

impossible for you tooā€¦and you know it.

Sorry im not agree with uā€¦
first learn good forex trading knowledge and after completing the demo practice then you need to adopt some simple step first thing you need to adopt that is discipline and then you need to be patience and then you need to avoid greedy trade and save yourself from being emotional trading try to earn low profit and set your target low and be free mind while trading in forex

Exactly correct.

Somehow this thread has become quite chaotic :slight_smile: