The truth about forex: You CANT become rich

I agree, if getting rich is your goal, forget it. However, if all you want is to be able to work for yourself, take time off whenever you want, and live a descent life on your own terms (rather than answering to someone else) then that is well within trading forex pairs, or futures, or other liquid assets. Is it easy? No. Is it possible, absolutely. I’ve traded futures, and now I trade spot forex. I’ve been trading for 5 years and have no plans to stop and could care less what anyone else thinks of that. The fact is, if you have reasonable goals (don’t shoot for the stars), have a net positive system (the simpler the better), and practice good position management, you can make a great living. Those who say otherwise, well, all I can say to them is go on and find another avenue of income. To the rest of you I heartily recommend you keep at it.

Absolutely at one with you. We are the only ones who raise barriers in our trading. If you can’t earn it doesn’t mean its impossible. Being a mere rearrangement of money, forex must have both losers and winners. It is a business with game features and if you don’t fit mentally this activity, it is better to go into other business. Pinning a label of impossibility like discussed in this thread means you are almost at the final stage of withdrawal from that activity.

He is from Belgrade. Low cost of living.

Awesome thread :smiley:

*gets popcorn and a beer

so pray tell me who is genuine? Who?

Needs are very different in different countries, some can be happy with extra $100 coming per month from trading and some can’t be satisfied with even $10,000 per month. About becoming rich has similar approach.

Here’s a compounding spreadsheet to give an idea. Good trading, G

From a $200 account to 1 million. Git to it.

Best we add five years to learn how to make 3% a week. The lets face facts. The only reason you and I exists is because the universe isn’t perfect so to is our plan. So will add another 3 years for draw down and recovery. Then we’ll be wanting to live off our trading about year 7 and taxes add 2 years. So if you started with $200 expect it to take at least 20 years from the day you said mmm whats this thing called forex. I’m up to year 4 and by the time 20 years is up I’ll need 2 million not one.

Why are we doing this to ourselves :confused::confused::confused:

Lol Bobbill. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single pip. Yep, trading’s not for the faint hearted! Still, with a couple of thousand bucks and solid money management, a supplementary income is possible. You only need to win 30% of your trades with a 3:1 RR and - IR. 5 losses, 2 wins at that RR and you are in profit. Simple, but not easy. Possible, not impossible.

The hard part i find is…Just gotta wait like a crocodile in the shallows for those trades with space to run. e.g. 4H, D1 time frames. Simple, but not easy. G

Lol Bobbill. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single pip. Yep, trading’s not for the faint hearted! Still, with a couple of thousand bucks and solid money management, a supplementary income is possible. You only need to win 30% of your trades with a 3:1 RR and - IR. 5 losses, 2 wins at that RR and you are in profit. Simple, but not easy. Possible, not impossible.

The hard part i find is…Just gotta wait like a crocodile in the shallows for those trades with space to run. e.g. 4H, D1 time frames. Simple, but not easy. G

Oh I sooo like that. Totally agree, capital can be raised, experience gained. 110% commitment. And IMO 90% planning 10% doing. It’s very boring but damn it we like it!

Hello insidertrading! If you do the same search with the Autotrade option on MyFxbook, you will find better results:
Trading Systems | Myfxbook
:cool:

So a person starts a thread about how he wagers that no one on here can give proof of their continued and consistent profitability and absolutely no one proceeds to give proof. Why would any of you bother responding to him if you can’t be bothered to answer his challenge? It’s a huge throbbing red flag when a hobby needs a support group…

Cry me a river.

[QUOTE=“insidertrading;668397”]Ever heared that the best fund manager in the world perform AT BEST 35 % a year ? And they have ivy league genius programming complex algorithm run on super power ful computers. "Yes but They have problem with liquididy that’s why " . No that’s not. Have you ever seen ONE trader with : - a drawdown < 30 % - a system profitable since more than 2 years - a stable equity curve - a trustworthy broker Filter out this on myfxbook and that’s what is left: Trading Systems | Myfxbook 5. Only 5 account meet those filter. And guess what: The best performance is 75 % in 2 years. And his curve is not very stable. NONE of them are scalping. You see pal, tons of people here on forum will claim to make 10, 20, hell even 50% per month. Ask them their myfxbook and they’ll come up with all the excuses in the world. " Im just providing free advices i dont have to prove anything " " why dont you try out my system and see if it works for you. Oh and you need at least 5 years of practice to be profitable and guess what in 5 years I won’t even be there anymore to here your complain ". Can ANYBODY here PROVE that he is profitable since more than juste 2 years, with no >30% DD and with a stable equity curve ? I highly doubt so. FACT: The forex and any speculative activity make money ONLY FOR THOSE WHO MANAGE ENORMOUS ACCOUNT. Imagine that you manage JUST 10 000 000 and that you make 10 % per year its 80 000$ per month. You give back half of it to the investor you’re up to 40 k a month. THOSE are the deal people. You think you can go somewhere with your $10 000 account ? All those forums , those seminars, those gurus, are LIVING off of your ignorance and your delusion. Get real pals. PS: ANYBODY coming here telling me that " this is possible " or that " I’m so frustrated " or any kind of insult, I don’t give a damn, SHOW ME YOUR MONEY, SHOW STATEMENTS, SHOW PROOFS… Money talks, Bullsh*t walks. THINK ABOUT ALL THOSE GURUS. THINK about james16 on forexfactory. His thread is 6500 PAGES long and is runing since 2005 !!! This guy eventually opened a private teaching group. $129 a month. NOBODY HAS EVER SEEN ANY STATEMENT OR PROOF OF HIS " Profitability ". THINK about ICT : innercircle trader. People (including me) have been licking his ass here for YEARS. Very nice guy. Added TONS of content: forum post, youtube video. Yet the DAY he started a myfxbook he just FAILED and now he is not around any more and his thread is locked. THINK of Jacko on FF: People licking his ass for MONTHS. Some started to be skeptics and received TONS OF INSULTS just because they were asking for proofs. Bottom line: He started to manage people’s money then some day disappeared with their money !!! Think about all those guy in the " Holy grail section " , claiming to be " ex Barclays trader ". Getting fans in their thread for month untill they start a " private group " and start to charge. ALL OF THEM WERE SCAM. NONE OF THEM WERE PROFITABLE. You have a 9-5 job and no more than 10 000 $ to put in your account ? You are trading " as a hobby " . PLEASE stop your delusion. You want money ? start a business. A REAL ONE when you are actually doing something more than click click. The truth of forex is that it allow any avg joe to hide behind his computer and keep dreaming about becoming rich without taking the risk of MANING UP , of taking REAL RISKS , of SHOWING HIS FACE TO THE WORLD AND FACE THE FAILURE IN FRONT OF EVERYBODY. You can just lost 10 $ a month or play on your demo account and pretent to be a boss with your forum friends. PLEASE STOP THIS IF YOU DONT HAVE AT LEAST 100 000 $ to invest OR a track record of more than 2 years with no DD < 30 , a stable equity curve and the BALLS To go OUT to find investors. Stop. Spend time with your family. Money is NOT everything. Play with your kids instead of letting them in front of TV while you play with your MT4. Have a nice day guys. Sorry If I break some poepl’s dream but THAT’S the truth about forex. You WONT make 10 000 % a year. You WONT turn 10k into a million.[/QUOTE]

Heh all great points actually. Especially the points regarding forum gurus.

Have you read his post? Its all capitals, bold print, and insults. Why on earth would anyone want to defend themselves to him, he’s already made his mind up so why waste time trying to tell him otherwise.
Apart from that, would you disclose your earnings to a complete stranger?

[QUOTE=“eddieb;678899”] Have you read his post? Its all capitals, bold print, and insults. Why on earth would anyone want to defend themselves to him, he’s already made his mind up so why waste time trying to tell him otherwise. Apart from that, would you disclose your earnings to a complete stranger?[/QUOTE] All hedgefund managers show their performance every year… I don’t find it that strange to do the same here if you are trying to pass yourself off as a guru… Especially the ones in here with their own websites (Jonathan Fox, Chris Capre, Pete Fader, etc.)

You pay hedgefund managers to do their job, I dont see the OP offering to pay anyone here.
Next time you may want to compare apples with apples when you are trying to make a point

[QUOTE=“eddieb;678901”] You pay hedgefund managers to do their job, I dont see the OP offering to pay anyone here. Next time you may want to compare apples with apples when you are trying to make a point[/QUOTE]

I compared hedgefund managers showing their performance, to gurus here who train traders for money (Jonathan Fox, Chris Capre, and Pete Fader). It is directly comparable. One would be “paying these people to do their jobs”… Therefore they should be showing their performance similarly to hedge-fund managers.