The truth about forex: You CANT become rich

Global, I expected more from you. Have you forgot that vabypips is a place of learning.

Seems your ego is a big as your fxbook

[QUOTE=“bobbillbrowne;678903”] Global, I expected more from you. Have you forgot that vabypips is a place of learning. Seems your ego is a big as your fxbook[/QUOTE] K… Maybe read the post again when you’ve calmed down a bit…? Lol

We learn by participating and sharing an experience

[QUOTE=“bobbillbrowne;678905”]We learn by participating and sharing an experience[/QUOTE] And for that you don’t need to show proof of anything.

If on the other hand you want to express extremely opinionated ideas regarding trading and expect others to accept them as fact and even pay you for them (Jonathan fox, Chris Capre, Pete fader), then you better have evidence (verified performance history) to back up you up.

There is a clear difference from mutual collaborative posters on a forum and the Guru types that come in here and try building a following or to get people to join their training programs for a fee.

The OP asked “Can ANYBODY here PROVE that he is profitable…”, not just gurus, and Chumpski (who I was replying to) never mentioned them either. You brought them into the conversation when you responded to my post addressed to Chumpski

[QUOTE=“eddieb;678909”] The OP asked “Can ANYBODY here PROVE that he is profitable…”, not just gurus, and Chumpski (who I was replying to) never mentioned them either. You brought them into the conversation when you responded to my post addressed to Chumpski[/QUOTE] I was responding to you questioning the believability of someone posting their performance to be seen publicly by saying hedgefund managers do it all the time… Then making the reasonable comparison of a hedgefund manager trading for money to the forum gurus here who run training for money programs.

Argee and if the individual can’t tell the difference between the two the let them be scammed. If the guru doesnt bleed them dry first then then market will.

I wasnt questioning the believability of anything. My only point was that the OP’s tone probably alienated a lot of people, some of whom may, or may not, have been otherwise inclined to reply.
His mind was made up prior to his post, so why waste time with him?

[QUOTE=“eddieb;678899”] Apart from that, would you disclose your earnings to a complete stranger?[/QUOTE]

I misunderstood this then.

Yes it seems like he’s fairly entrenched in his opinion, it would have been interesting to see what his response would have been if someone here would have shown him their performance record meeting his specified criteria… I believe I’ve seen one myfxbook from a member here that would have met all of them.

Possibly, I was talking about ordinary traders not guru’s

Yes it seems like he’s fairly entrenched in his opinion, it would have been interesting to see what his response would have been if someone here would have shown him their performance record meeting his specified criteria… I believe I’ve seen one myfxbook from a member here that would have met all of them.

Anyhow, it seems the OP has lost interest in the thread, maybe he just needed to get it off his chest :slight_smile:

He probably lost interest in this thread because no one has even tried to answer his challenge. No actual discussion, just a bunch of people afraid someone will point out that they are statistically likely to be the butt of some joke they may not even understand. Be profitable, make some pocket money, learn about world economics, and heaven forbid have some fun. But this thread should have been a single page. -OP “The maths don’t seem to be in our favor” -FORUM “Here is an example that is contrary to your statement”.

Gurus are shunned in the trading field. They offer quick riches or shares in a company that are hyped up to lure in people to buying in up trends that usually are already played out on old news. I think when the Internet came about with high speed connections and people wanting a quick buck or a way to get rich along came the online FX broker just waiting for fish to bait. For the Sharks that is. I think FX is a scam for the most part. But for those who are serious about learning it I think there are possibilities of success. Even a business start up is never 100% a sure bet. Many people look at starting a business and lose there shirts. I have lost thousands in business startups. So maybe FX should be looked at as a business and not a scam or quick way to get rich. I think you really got to stay on your game in FX if you want it to work. I use FX as a risk game, like a business. You learn from risk. And knowing the fundamentals of economics is kind of cool, better than watching TV all day unless it’s bloomberg! Just my point of view. [I] No you will not get rich from my advice![/I]

Most of the conversation in this thread stems directly or indirectly from a whole series of misunderstandings and factual inaccuracies in its original post.

Yes, I’ve heard it, but that doesn’t make it true (like so many of the sweeping generalisations one hears about trading). You have only to read Jack Schwager’s books [I]The Market Wizards[/I] and [I]The New Market Wizards[/I] to see how deeply mistaken it is.

That’s because most of the people selling their signal services on social trading websites have constructed their methods in order to attract as many customers as possible, rather than making their money by trading. The further discussions here and here may interest you.

That was pretty impressive. 3 years turn 5,000 into 200,000.

100 % agree , I have never seen any statement of any successful trader of any forex forum.

Everyone who have a different opinion please show me fact, give me fact that any forextrader have decent earning of trading.!!! OVER A 3-5 YEAR PERIODE ,

THEY DO NOT EXIST …

Theoretically speaking, I think traders that are rich already chose not to share their experience online just due to some reason.

Just one man’s opinion…10% make it, the rest goodnight. I honestly do not have what it takes to be a successful trader…anger, resentment, revenge and go to h***. But I have seen spurts in myself where I become tuned in and just click very nicely and most other times where I shun the obvious and say I am better than you. The latter is what gets me in trouble. Why I cannot trade the obvious is where my work needs to be done.
This can be accomplished, but how much work am I willing to put forth in this effort? How much do I need to study to become successful?

Tim

The lack of proofs is caused by either this 2 reasons:

1. There are no rich people from forex, or
  2. Rich ones want to remain anonymous

It takes a certain degree of ignorance combined with inexperience (perhaps frustration from years of losing) to conclude that no man has ever made a fortune at forex, based on the lack of proofs here or at any forex forum. The title should be rephrased from “The truth about forex you: cant become rich” to “Is really hard to become rich at forex”.

So, I am more inclined for the second option. Unless you are an investor with 20million dollars who wants their funds to be managed, rich people won´t show you any proof. Since you dont have any penny or a place to drop death, guess what? rich people COULDN´T CARE LESS about showing proof of their success to a guy who opens a thread at babypips.com.

In any case, this thread is USELESS. So lets move on guys, don´t waste time on this nonsense debate, and lets keep making pips .

Here, here!
Agree totally. Why would any successful trader waste his time posting here just so some ill-informed loser can then accuse him of lying or falsifying his records?

This is awesome, I love it. :smiley: “Hurr durr you can’t be successful hurr durr I’m telling the ABSOLUTE TRUTH hurr durr show me different hurr durr”.

Guys, no one owes you st, not the market and not the other traders, and also they don’t give a flying fk about your complaining. :smiley:

This thread reminds me a scene from that movie, where Tom Cruise is a military lawyer, and Jack Nicholson is some military officer and they are like:

• I want the TRUTH!
  • YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

I know it is easier to justify your failure by saying it can’t be done, than pointing at yourself and saying I can’t do it. But as I said, if you didn’t put in enough work, or you followed some stupid strategy giving you no edge, well…still no one cares even a little bit. Maybe trading is just not for you guys.

Second thing is, even blind people can see, that you all made up your mind already beforehand. There were some profitable myfxbooks shared, and you call those fake. You just want to justify what you already believe. Why would somebody pour water into a leaking bucket? Why would somebody provide value for a value leech?

Third thing is, even if somebody successful has a myfxbook, or some journal, most likely it is private for himself, to notice if there are any flaws in the system. They don’t give a damn about showing off, and proving others how good are they. They are in a completely different mindspace than you value leeches.