The ups and downs of the trading journey

First time user, got some intelligent replies on last post. inspired to write more.

Does anyone else feel like trading was the first catalyst to diving into self improvement and “success”?

Although I may not be funded. I have seen consistent improvements in execution within trading, but also the time spent on understanding myself, the time spent eating clean and getting enough sleep, working out, swimming in the cold sea, listening to hours and hours of lectures/podcasts, gaining confidence all to aid in daily perfomance…

I sometimes feel its just the beginning of me exploring this reality of intellectual pursuit, after just manual labour for 10 years. Since i was 16…

The confidence, the resilience, the commitment makes me feel like i can commit to anything? maybe trading fulltime really is just too niche and difficult for everyone to make a living from. And not a reflection of lack of hard work and understanding.

1 Like

“Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you.” - Robin Sharma.

No, for me it was the last step of self improvement before accepting that I am successful enough. I worked since I was 16 too, quit my job with 23 and studied, got a better job, got married, got children, bought a big house. Then I wanted to become a fulltime trader. First time in my life that a plan didn’t work out like I wanted. A depression followed.

So you are 26? You are still so young. You have so much time to improve outside of trading. You don’t depend on it. Once your wife gets a good job after university, quit yours and study yourself. Intelligence is not 100% genetics. I would say most of it comes from exercise. Like working out in the gym, you trained your brain by learning about trading. You can do this for example with engineering, too.

It is.

Absolutely feel you on this! Trading opened up a whole new world for me too. It’s like a gateway to pushing your limits, not just in the markets, but in life. The discipline, the self-awareness, clean living, and that grind for improvement? Total game-changer. Makes you think if you can tackle trading, you can pretty much take on anything. It’s tough, for sure, and not everyone’s cut out for the trading life full-time, but it’s more about the journey and what you learn about yourself along the way. Keep at it! Sounds like you’re on a solid path :star_struck: