The whale movie

I recently watched a movie called “THE WHALE” and wanted to share my perspective on it. Have any of you seen it? I’m an avid movie watcher, and in this film, despite having only five characters and limited scenes, the story and dialogues captivated me from start to finish. The simplicity of it all drew me in, although I wasn’t a fan of a certain outcome related to the father’s desire (trying not to spoil it). I’m curious to hear your opinions. Do you find movies with fewer characters and simpler plots like this one interesting, or do you prefer movies with larger casts and complex narratives? Share your thoughts!

1 Like

Hello Eleanor.
I saw that movie too. it left me speechless so dramatic. liked that.
I should say what an interesting subject you brought to this forum.
I like to see others reviews.
What do you think guys about creating a topic about the recent movies you have watched??
If so i will do that.

Never heard of it. What’s it about?

I haven’t seen The Whale but I definitely appreciate smaller-scale films.

There have been many that I was really drawn into. The first one that comes to mind without Googling was a British film of about 10 years ago with Charlotte Rampling and Tom Courtenay called 45 Years. All it consists of is this retired English couple dealing with some news that Courtenay receives.

Spoiler alert!

Courtenay is told by the Swiss Police that they have found the body of his dead wife who fell down a glacier 45 years earlier. The thing is, he had never Rampling he was married before, and definitely nothing about his wife’s death. Both of which are suspicious… Its basically just these two plus their dog…

1 Like

I’d be like.

“Oh, so you’re telling me my ex-wife died and I must be the next of kin hence why your contacting me. OK cool, please tell me where to sign for all her money and property.”

2 Likes

I’ve heard of this movie (especially since it has won a few awards already), but I haven’t seen it yet! :open_mouth: But this post definitely got me curious so I’m adding this to my watchlist this weekend! :blush: I’ll be ready with my thoughts next week. :stuck_out_tongue: Hahaha.

Oh, and to answer your question, I find it really impressive if a movie is able to effectively deliver a story with just a few cast members. :thinking: Even more interesting for me if they’re not super famous! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just googled it. Not me thinking this was a trading movie about whales :rofl:

Jordan there.
Moreover, I believe it was dramatic.
I have a list of TV shows and movies I can recommend, so that would be fantastic. Please do it.

I google it for you try not to spoil in case if you wanna see :In a town in Idaho, Charlie, a reclusive and unhealthy English teacher, hides out in his flat and eats his way to death. He is desperate to reconnect with his teenage daughter for a last chance at redemption.

Yes, sometime these sort of movies drew you in to the story.
If you like smaller scale movies i guess give this one a shot.

1 Like

I guess you did not like it, did you?
If i had an ex husband and he was about to die (in case he was rich) yep i would do everything for him. lol

Yes they won some prizes.
I recommend give a try maybe you like it.
it worth watching once.
What else are there in your watching list?
I asked Jordan to make a topic regarding this and we all mention our movies there.
please mention there.

Yes, I didn’t find them to be well-known actors, but their performing was fantastic.

why? You thought there must be a connection between the whale in forex solely based on the term “the whale”? lol

I am sorry for the late response.
Absolutely I will make this topic now
I really like you all write your lists and share your thoughts on them.

Yes lol. But I suppose whales are more common in the crypto world :sweat_smile:

NO problem.
I will check your post out and write my own.

yup are you a whale in crypto world? :joy:

I mean. Of course. I’m a whale with a ton of time to spare going on forums like babypips!