The Wolf Pack -- ICT Tools & Concepts in Action --

Hello Kubio,
Since we are on the topic… just a quick question.
I understand the SMT concept, but I struggle with the time frame in which to use it in.
Is there a particular time frame that we should monitor or do we monitor all?

hi,

you will keep an eye on all major TFs for spotting potential reversals, etc, but you want to watch closely 5m, 15m and maybe flip to 1h from time to time (every hour) for signal to enter… for example, if you trading the LO, have 5m SMT overlay open and watch it when price approaches predetermined S&R level and if diverges there around 8:00 GMT, thats your confirmation to enter (along other confluences of course).

hope this helps

Thanks for that, it does help.

That was my next question :stuck_out_tongue:

Pimpin,

cant wait to see your [B][U]real, live[/U][/B] results, mate, you got me hooked :wink:

:41:

Starting on Sunday, March 11, when the U.S. and Canada go onto Daylight Saving Time, the ICT Kill Zones are going to change for everyone (whether you are in North America, or not).

I know that Michael says that he doesn’t pay attention to Daylight Saving Time changes. But, that doesn’t work for me.
If all of my Kill Zones (except New York Open) are going to change by 1 hour, I want to know about those changes.

For anyone who wants to keep up with the changes, the following Table will give you current times for the period March 11 through March 23, in 7 major time zones. The changes occurring on Sunday, March 11, are highlighted in yellow.

Then, beginning 2 weeks later, on Sunday, March 25, these Kill Zone times will change again, when the U.K. and Europe go onto Daylight Saving Time. I will update this Table again on Friday, March 23, to show those changes (if you guys find this to be useful).

If your time zone is not listed in the left-hand column, take the Kill Zone times for the time zone closest to your time zone, and add or subtract the appropriate number of hours.

Example: for Calgary (MDT=GMT-6), subtract 2 hours from all the times shown on the line labeled “NEW YORK time”.

Note: This table is obsolete. For the current table (effective through September 28, 2012), please go to:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know-999.html#post342550

Hi All,

So I am pretty new to Forex although I have experience in equities. I have read my way through pipschool and have started looking at the ICT training vids on the thread - “What all aspiring…” I’m sure you guys know the one.

Anyway I’m not too sure what happened to ICT (I’m still trailing through tons of posts) but it appears that for whatever reason a lot of his intructional informatioin has been taken down. I find this really sad as a lot of what he said fits so nicley into my personality and the way I traded equities that I was excited about seeing the full extent of what he had to say for himself with regards to the forex market.

So I suppose my question is, does anybody have a hard copy of all the information that was posted by him? and if so could someone please e-mail / post it to me (obviously happy to re-imbrse any costs) if you are able to help please would you send me a PM.

Thanks in advance

DT.

Thanks for the concern.

I will definately continue to consider that. I do have some experience with short term trading equities with live accounts. So I’m not completely unaware of the psychological aspects with live money.

Also, I’m treating this as a live account because of the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). I need to show a trading history and results to justify being able to put some of our money on the line. It’s not that we are putting our last dollars into it. But I did a business venture where we have lost well over 400k in real money. She’s very hesitant to provide money for my latest idea. So needing to show her results and ability to stick with it to do this. I do have the WAF taken care of and we are looking forward to it.

The way I see it, the love account could generate 2 feeling. Either 1) it could be as your suggesting and I might want to protect paper profits and scale out. Or 2) the feelings I’m experiencing with the demo account could be amplified confirming my approach.

In your concern, I see you highlighting a point. But have you considered a live account may amplify the emotions in trying to control and personalizing the system to make it my own?

Remember, I’m not risking more or changing the approach to moving stop loss to breakeven. It’s a matter of when and how much paper profits to book.

I’m an analytical person. I will continue to crunch numbers to see which approach make the better returns an balances psychological aspects.

Perhaps frustration will kick on of I go several weeks losing money because I’m not booking any profits and I take a couple losses with only breakeven trades. I acknowledge I haven’t had that.

One thing I read from the take some profit at 30 pips. It’s intended to take some off at a 1:1 r:r. Let’s say you take off 30%. That’s .6% profit if it hits 30 pips and hits breakeven.

Take a sample of 5 trades. 3 goto 30 pips, then hit breakeven (1.8% return). 1 loss (-2%). And 1 60 pip trade (.6% at 30 pips and 1.2% at 60). Thats a 1.6% met return. And you may feel great that you’ve taken profit out on 4 trades.

Under my approach, I would have 3 breakeven trades. 1 loss at -2%. And 1 win at 4%. A net return of 2%. That’s a better return. That’s what my psychology is struggling with.

Let’s make it 3 30 pip and retrace trades and 2 losses. You are down 2.2% and I’m down 4%. No doubt the scaling
Out over time is better there. The question is over time, what is better?

I see nothing wrong with describing personal journeys and explorations that we go through learning this profession. And I’ve been very careful to highlight the differences from ict’s approach, why I’m doing it and saying its not for everyone. Nothing is set in stone and is subject to review and analysis and growth opportunities as a trader.

We’ll see how it goes.

Hi dafttrader
You don’t need a hard copy, ICT is slowly replacing his material, which gives you the opportunity to digest it as its released.
Its much better than having all the material at once and trying to get though it. That can be overwhelming.
Enjoy the journey…

Yes I do. Cap losses at 4% in a week (see 2 weeks in January with my results).

And I do reduce risk after losses. Which I think supports my approach as well. Reducing risk an allowing the trade to mature to maximize gain while cutting losses.

Me too. Will be an interesting transition.

?? If your broker is gmt based, why would you need to adjust gmt pivots?

Ict pivot indicator assumes broker time with the offset parameter. If your broker is gmt, your offset should stay ‘0’. I think you’d want to change the offset to bring up NY pivots to ‘-4’.

Or am I confused?

Hmmm, that is a very good question. I would’ve thought that if your broker is GMT based, then they will automatically change the timer on your metatrader platform? Am I wrong? Either way, guess it’s time to start googling “What time is it in London” again :stuck_out_tongue:

If you downloaded the torrent all the info is explained in the video named “Inner Circle Trader Correlation Concepts”

Yeah. That’s what I’m thinking. On the 11th, the us changes to dst, so I don’t think anything changes on gmt time. Hence, the ict pivot indicator should remain 0 if the broker uses gmt time (if you’re broker isn’t gmt and you want gmt pivots, you already have your offset to a value other than 0.

In this 2 week period, I think we set the offset to -4 to get NY pivots for gmt based brokers.

Later, when gmt changes to daylight savings. The gmt broker will change their time to local time. So gmt will stay at an offset of 0. And my pivots will go back to a offset of 5.

I’m pretty sure this is right. But interested if someone has a different view and why for the group to consider.

Can someone offer some insight?

Daily and 4H trends are down for E/U G/U. From a weekly trinity point of view E/U met the 1.272 extension without making new recent lows. G/U has made new lows and met 1.618 almost to 1.786 (not an ICT fib) still something I watch. Should we be expecting price to trade up into next weeks fair value or at least retrace then reach for 2.0? There is also 4H divergence noted in the photo below it kind of contradicts a lower move unless it ends up being a slight retrace and not a major trend change.

Anyways I’m totally having a rough time with weekend analysis and understanding where price may go the following week. Help please.

Oh yeah…i want one! Where can i get it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot Kubio.
I noticed I had managed to jump over a couple videos and those were in fact the videos explaining the concepts of TT and SMT. Sorry, wasn’t my intention to clutter the thread with questions I easy could find the answer to myself. Anyway, thanks again for the answer! It’s a wonder why I didn’t get involved with ICT’s concepts before, they are really mind blowing! Happy weekend and good pips!

The thing is it is a hard pattern to recognize and needs alot of confluences to catch… I mean we had 2 lo judas the past two weeks so if you were looking to fade a false breakout in london you would have been hammered because so many days were just up or just down.

Even with a bias, it is tough because what happens if you look for the judas and well it just goes your way the whole time. A very tricky concept for me to implement correctly and I have tried waiting for SMT and been burnt by that too lol. Just sticking to s/r and otes has been way more reliable.

This is not an ICT Tool, but it’s something I’ve been watching since I first noticed it a couple of months ago —

This is the weekly GBP/USD chart (with Heikin-Ashi candles).

This chart pattern is not seen on the EUR/USD weekly chart.

It’s an absolute certainty that price will break out of this pennant before the end of July. The important question is:
Will the direction of the breakout have any significance in determining a new, long-term directional bias?