The XAU and XAG - correct Tick size?

Good Morning,
can someone please shed some light on what the minimum Tick size is for these two markets ( XAU/USD and XAG/USD )

On the Forex.xom Platform/Charts - it shows in the box where you enter the number of Lots you want to trade as ( min 1 ) for the XAU and ( min 5 ) for the XAG

I am use to trading forex ( EUR/USD,AUD/USD,etc. but the XAU and XAG are completely new

Where for the EUR/USD for example, I can enter 1000 in the quantity box when I go to place a trade, and I enter 1000 which is 1 micro Lot

So how would this work for the XAU where it shows ( min 1 ) in the quantity box?
Would entering 1 be 1 Lot? And then what would the value per Lot be?

So how would this work as well for the XAG where it shows ( min 5 ) in the quantity box?
Would entering 5 be 5 Lots? And then what would the value per Lot be?

Do these two markets ( XAU and XAG ) allow you to decide if you want to trade in micros, mini or standard?
Or is there only one Pip size, no matter what?

Lastly please - for the XAG , it is showing XAG/USD ( per 0.1 ) … what is it referring to when it says ( per 0.1 )?

I really appreciate everyone’s help
I’m looking forward to trading these two markets, just want to make sure i understand the in and outs of them before I start trading them :slight_smile:

I think this really depends on your broker. So for instance, I think for forex.com, gold is traded on 1:1 margin and with a minimum requirement of 1 lot = 1 troy ounce, that means I have to, as of today, shell out $1953 for it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I believe that I have a TICK indicator that reflects the mood of buyers and sellers. Here are its settings:

There are 9 fields available in total: in the first step, you set the initial value, and each subsequent step defines the boundary between the\ranges. The ninth step is a value from X to infinity.

For example, if you specified 5 in the first step and 10 in the second, then the second step will capture ticks from 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and add them to your \ buffer. And so on for each\field.

The intensity interval works in the opposite direction and has a dynamic character: the more ticks accumulate in each buffer, the faster they are removed. This creates a relationship between the activity of buyers and sellers.

Now you can customize this indicator for any currency instrument.

I tried setting it up for bitcoin and posted a SET\file, but I think it can be improved.

I would be grateful if someone can configure it as precisely as possible for any tool and share the SET-files.

Please note that the indicator must be placed in the “EXPERT”\folder.

This version cannot place or close orders.