The Z Pattern

Eur/Usd 8h Setup Recap

This Z Pattern payed off big time! The very first massive push came right after Entries got triggered which pushed prices right into TP level. After that it retraced and built momentum to start another leg further down and price on that pair dropped like a rock.

Best

Traders were anticipating and speculating to short eur/usd for a good few weeks now, and time after time got stopped out. After finally giving up, they started changing their views on this pair and were looking for longs. And got caught out again.

This type of speculating is very dangerous as it eats traders account very fast. And the only way to get out of it is to build on a strategy that keeps false entries at a minimum.

Best

[B]It’s Finally up![/B]

It took some time but it’s finally up. A Full and comprehensive blog for traders that are interested to trade explosive moves with Z Patterns.
Feel free to visit [B]ZFX Trading[/B] or alternatively go to the first page of this thread and click on the various links.

Best

Thank you Mr Karsavi for your great system and also for your comment in the other thread. you are doing a great job here.
I have a question, is there no other signal to enter trade except price goes beyond (above for longs and below for shorts) the last bar? beacuse in this photo the are two Z patterns and the first was false but even in the second we were not supposed enter trade becuase the enter point was at the same level as taking profit level (also in the first Z but there the price did not move up). Is there another way to trade Z patterns like that one? or should we do not get involved with those kind of Z patterns?
sorry for my ignorance…and thank you again :35:

Dipsipipsi
I think the first set up not follow the Z pattern rule
"The [B]HIGH[/B] of the last candle will be Entry point",the enter point you marked is the [B]CLOSE[/B] of the last candle
And after price breaks the [B]LOW[/B] of pattern, the set up is invalid
Sorry for my poor English

Hi Dipsi,

dksticket is right. The first pattern on your chart was invalidated. As price moved past stop loss before it even triggered entries.

We only trade Z Patterns as reversals and not continuations.

Hope that helps and thanks for your kind words.

Best

Hi Kasravi, and thanks for the great thread. I noticed that initially you recommended trading only the 4H charts, but later on mentioned trading patterns on the 1H and 30H charts. What is your success rate like on these lower timeframes? Are they as reliable as the higher ones?

Thanks again!

Hi Slim,
Thanks for the kind words.
I imagine introducing Z Patterns on the EUR/USD 4h charts is the best thing to do, as they offer exceptional trading opportunities.
However 1h,8h offer great results too. About trading 30 min chart I recommend bringing confluence into the game such as a pinbar for instance. Which in return brings better trading results.

Best

Hey Kasvari,

Great thread and method. I really like the idea of it and very pro looking set-up charts and descriptions, well done.

I have a question how do you trade when you find say a smaller z pattern inside a larger z pattern, and the larger z pattern hasn’t completed yet?

Cheers

Hi Spartacus,

Thanks!

If the uncompleted Z Pattern is on the same timeframe than it is near to impossible to have a smaller one and a bigger one, as it would create too much irregularity.

However if they are on different time frames and the bigger Z Pattern gets competed whilst he smaller is still in play than you would upgrade your Tp levels to go with the bigger one. Given they are both trading in the same direction.

Best

Awesomo! Thanks for quick reply. I figured out how to get picture of chart here :smiley:

Can everyone check I’m doing it ok? Also I think the USD/JPY may be a good candidate that gives many signals but I haven’t backtested very far. Thanks.

double posted******

Yes all legit Z Patterns. All of them were out of prefered market hours though. In other words they weren’t tradable.

Best

Kas you have your own thread ??? Oh I’m sorry I haven’t found this one before

Do you accept me on board ?

Cheers man

Oh right, cheers

Hi Eternal!

Good to see you here. You are always welcomed!

All the best Buddy!

Hello Kasravi,

Nice thread you have here. I’ve been following from the beginning and all I can say is a big thank you for sharing your method. I’m a newbie in forex but really taking my time before dipping my toes inside the forex ocean. I have decided to settle for price action which, in my opinion, I consider the best. Careful examination of your method also showed to me that your method is also based on Price Action (I do hope I’m right), although, with a beautiful and fantastic twist (the channel lines).

My question is very simple and I believe you will do me a great favour by looking into it:

Aside the different price feeds by brokers, does this method has anything to do with brokers having their daily candle close based on New York market?

The reason I’m asking is that few of the good Price Action mentors out there (i.e. Johnanton Fox and Nial Fuller) always recommend New York daily candle close brokers and I’ve tried this and would say they were absolutely right. Do you think the Z Pattern would work better on the NY candle close market or just any provided the Z pattern guidelines are followed?

Once again, I do appreciate all your efforts.

Cheers.

Hi Bestman,

Thanks for your support!

[B]Yes Z Patterns are based on pure price action[/B]. Raw price data only. The channels are really there to only verify if there is a unity in price movement/formation.

The reason Johnathon Fox emphasizes on NY close charts is so that he’s got a clear idea what happened during a full day trading session and how it ended. Which is crucial if you trade the daily charts.

What I advice you and everyone else is to have more than just one broker at hand. It’s fantastic that you are starting your trading journey with price action. Trading with PA goes a long way and so will your trading career.

Don’t hesitate to ask any other questions regarding Z Patterns

Best

Hello Kasravi,

Thanks a million for your swift response. Your advice is well spot on.

Cheers.

Thanks Kasravi!

I’m just started using your new thread with good results. If you have time could you either refer me to the right spot or review the best times to trade. I use thinkorswim and I think it is based on new york time.