The Z Pattern

A question can i trade this patterns on 1hr charts orr smaler?

Kas a quick question that I am sure you brought up before so sorry in advance

You do need to wait for the candle to close right ?

Troparzum,

I personally prefer 1,4 and 8 hour charts. However there are Z Patterns on every timeframe.

Best

.Hi Eternal,

Yes we wait for the pattern to complete before we consider it.

Best

Hi Greg,

Thanks for dropping by!

I’m glad to hear that you are benefiting from Z Patterns. Did you trade the Eur/Usd 1h Z today? It missed TP by a bit and showed signes of slowing down. Best thing to do was to take some money and go BreakEven.

Here is an article that explains about best trading times: What Timeframes to Trade?

Best

Yes a good scalp. I picked up 9 pips. See post #240. Did you see the USD/CHF 30 minute trade set up today? I missed the trade, it moved before could get in. The 30 minute chart is tricky. What I liked about the set up was a series of higher lows, as it was a long after a dip then the Z Patern set up.

Thanks to you again. I have traded FX, futures, and equities and I’m having good results with your method. I would advise newer traders who are using the Z to stick to the guidelines. Kasravi has created a method in the Z Pattern that is unique and holds great promise.

Sorry can’t upload charts now but can you take a look at GBPUSD H6 and tell me if it looks like a Z pattern or am I mistaken

It is not a perfect Z Pattern IMO. I like it for a short with the price action.

I would refer you to Kasravi to be sure.
Greg

Eternal,

I am currently not at my desk, but the first thing I do when I get there is to answer you.

Best

Eternal,

I couldn’t see any Z Pattern. Sorry.

Best

Hi Kasravi

Complimentes for the blog ZFX Trading… I have read all here and on the new awesome blog… now I have to practice
Thanks for sharing your promising technique

Here is an example of a potential trade that I missed. It is a long set up on the EUR/USD on a 30 minute chart after the London open.

Note how it missed a proper Z Pattern point by a little. My question to Kasravi is it critical that a trade set up be perfect?

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg,

Yes it is critical that the pattern lines up perfectly. However EUR/USD is much much more forgiving with low quality setups. I believe there was an 8h Z today that wasn’t perfect but played out flawlessly.

Best

Kasravi,

Here is a real trade.

I went long knowing that this was not a perfect 8 hour long set up on the EUR/USD, Could you comment on the trade. I was stopped out at 30 pips. My target was 30 pips. A stop of 38 pips would have held. Help me understand how to set a stop.

Should I have just set it below the lowest candle wick?

Thanks,
Greg

Greg,

The Pattern was invalidated before it even triggered by the long wicked pinbar. So in one way you read the market right to go long but it was the wrong signal you traded. If I was to trade from here I’d put my sl below 1.3704.

Hope that helps

Best

Kasravi,

Thanks for the response. If you could help me understand about the long pinbar invalidating the trade. I don’t recall reading about that issue. Is there a section you can refer me to that would help me understand.

I don’t see anything setting up at this time, do you?

Thanks again,
Greg

This link explains all the things that make a pattern invalid: trading-guide-invalidations

I see a few things brewing but I’m on and off the charts today.

Hope the link helps.

Best

Thanks, That helps.
Greg

A better trade… I think it met criteria.

USD/USD
long
30 minute time frame
15 pip gain

Hi Kasravi,

Excellent thread and website, very clean and direct to the point.

I remember viewing this thread a few days ago (or potentially your site) and seeing a post about how to overlay the Candlestick charts with the Line chart, i cannot however find this again. :15:

Are you able to link that post to me? or was I dreaming.:24:

Thanks!