The Z Pattern

I was looking to get on the up trend here. As it was it never played out.

Best

I’d say eur/usd & usd/chf are very easy to work with. After that most yen crosses give lucrative Setups on a regular basis.

Best

Hi Kasravi,

I have read on your website that you do not encourage trading outside certain session hours. I did not see this until today,
I traded the H4 chart of AUDUSD short yesterday night at 9pm and it came through this morning.

Not so important or just pot luck?

Roni,

Aussie and Yen pairs have some volatility outside my suggested trading hours, that could push prices into target levels after a Z Pattern Setup has triggered. Now I haven’t had a look yet at the A/U setup, but if you made money then congrats!

Best

Thankyou for your response! It was an extended Z pattern I took at little after midnight yesterday.
Do you recommend trading other pairs after suggested trading hours or not?

Regards

Not at all,

Any currency that is active over night and could have enough momentum. Like AUD,NZD,YEN.

Best

I shall be posting the trade I took tonight…

Also Kasravi, Did you mean you dont recommend trading the Z pattern after suggested hours?

And second question, How often do the Z patterns occur?

I have entered the trade in EUR/USD H4 TF I think a valid Z pattern has formed

The four hour candle has not yet closed so the trade cannot be confirmed. Always wait for the candle to close to validate the trade.

Yeah I still am learning this thread and right now I’m down but the candle has closed so now hoping that the price will go up :slight_smile:

Does anyone have a problem when trying to position the equidistant channel. I use MT4 and when I try to position the channel correctly one of the lines will jump a little bit away from where I am trying to position it

Hi Anis,

I don’t see any valid Z Pattern. Furthermore we had NFP release yesterday, and you certainly do not want to enter Setups before the release.

Best

What a beautiful Setup!

Looks like Roni picked up Aud/Usd’s reversal right at the very top with minimum risk.

The Z Patterns some contributers find and share are truly impressive!

Best

Hi digf,

That is easily fixed.

Go to tools—>Option—> see image below;

And adjust your Magnet sensitivity.

That should do it.

Best

Thanks for that, also for posting your system with such comprehensive explanations. Must have taken a long time for you to do it.
Regards

Hi mate,

Hope things are well for you?

Couple of quick questions that I wondered if you could help with.

I find that I’m getting more success on the 8hr TF, as there seem to be more reliable Z patterns, do you find this to be the same for you? I noticed that you take positions on a few different TF’s but wondered which you found to be most reliable.

Also do you only take Z Patterns that line up with value zones/ S&R?

Again many thanks for your time and help.

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

The 8h Setups are indeed very commanding. Is it the best TF? I wouldn’t say so, but it is less time consuming that’s for sure.

The Most reliable Setups are those that line up with my anticipation. Regardless of the timeframe. Value zone is one of many ways of anticipating bigger moves, but not the only. To keep things fairly brief other methods of anticipating are simple tops and bottom reversals, entering at the bottom of an incomplete double bottom(sample here) or anticipating Inside day breakouts. I’m confident that there will be time to elaborate further on this in the near future.

Best

I posted a chart on the previous page I really thought that a valid Z pattern was formed but I guess I was wrong anyway still practicing it on a demo account.
And yeah I shouldn’t have placed a trade as it went against me will try to improve at this.

Indeed Kasravi, Was just about to post it, thankyou for doing the honours! :slight_smile:

Top man, thanks for the help.

Andrew.