The Z Pattern

:):):):slight_smile:
good spot

Some of the trades im in below with screenshots. I’ll let you know how I get on, so far not looking too great with the exception of one trade that is in +!

s0rry guys two of the same charts posted by mistake. Im in three trades. Not 5!

Also Kasravi the password does not work on your website. I have tried many times to access the value zone info but it does not work. Hope you can offer a solution!

Many thanks

Hey Roni25,

What invalidates the 1hr set-up?

cheers

Spartacus,

Sorry disregard that post I was looking at another chart. The 1hour setup was infact valid…

Roni

Lost the Audnzd trade… gbpaud and euraud still going, both are looking very negative. If these two trades are also losses I will have to reconsider trading the Z pattern system and will definitely deem its success rate lower than 60%…

Roni

Euraud stopped out… Gpbaud still going… I dont know what im missing, all seemed really good Z pattern trades, I had been successful before but now Im doubting the win rate of this system. :frowning:

Hi Roni,

Maybe you need to add other confluences? Are you also using candlesticks, psychological levels and oscillators? I think adding a pinbar, doji, belt hold candle pattern, 00, 20, 50, 80 levels and an overbought/oversold level to set-up helps alot. I haven’t traded them enough to know for sure what kind of % they are. I think the z pattern has some great potential and I like the clear entry/exit/stop precision it gives to trades. Also many aren’t worth taking if its only for a few pips so the ole’ risk reward must be considered. I’m sure others can also add to this. However kasravi is making great gains with them so I wouldn’t write them off so easily. Just my two cents. :slight_smile:

Couple of points to consider:

If you had of moved your stop to break even on trades once they moved a bit then not so many losing trades? I think the breakeven trades are included in the percentage rate as they are not losing trades.

You can also use time stops if the trade hasn’t worked in your favour within a certain timeframe, whether it be a major market opening, or just because your capital is tied up doing nothing for days!

News can effect price massively; if some good/bad economic data comes out and it doesn’t favour your position consider jumping out with a small gain or loss. Better to exit with a few pips up if you can.

The next great trade is just around the corner, patience is so important and its something I am working on for myself. Wait for the best set-ups that meet your criteria.

Spartacus,

Thanks for your input. I will be considering other factors like candlestick analysis just for extra confirmation in addition to SR levels. I think I need to take Value zones into consideration too, But the content on Kasravis websites regarding this is not accessible even with the password for some reason.

Anyhow I have made a few good trades using this system but the last 2-3 have been complete downers. After trying thousands of different systems I can conclusively say there is no such thing as a ‘winning system’ The fx market is vast and forever changing, no single method or system can be applied to it. So with the Z pattern, I still think I have some learning to do in regards to the VZ zones once Kasravi updates the website so I can access the info.

It all boils down to money management, Goodluck.

Roni

Ok, got access to the VZ content on Kasravis website now, its up and running, probably a technical fault on my server. Lets see if I can perfect my Z pattern trding now!

The VZ zone ideology is quite complicated… I dont know whether you are supposed to keep looking at weekly charts and find the next bounce and then go on to lower time frames and check for Z pattern or just find the previous VZ and trade to it.

Also what if the VZ zone is against the current trend, its quite tricky, You cant count on taking trades against the dominant trend based on pivot points. I havent found any transparency in this. Really confusing.

There has been quite some confusion in trading the best Z Pattern setups. And as promised I would share my tactic in finding the best trades to take. How to boost your winrate is series of tactics I use to read the market and trigger high probability positions.

Best

Hi Roni,

Essentially you are looking to trade from swing to swing as explained in the pictures. However, price doesn’t always push to it’s prev. pivot. But when it does, which is not rare, you are sitting on a very good bit of profit.

Best

Kasravi,

Thankyou for your prompt response. I have lost all my last three trades which has reversed any profits made via this strategy. Maybe I entered outside of trading times or I was just unlucky.

So for the weekly VZ areas you check at the end of every week of price has bounced or not right? and then go look on lower time frames to see if a z pattern has occurred to trade up or down to the VZ zone? So you must check weekly as the candle closes not daily?

For now Ive gone back to trading as normal to see what happens, I have two pending orders on theaudcad and eurcad, both Short on H4 chart, Do you see these setups?

Kind regrds,
Roni

I look out for the weekly simply because it’s worth the trouble. The pip span that weekly swings cover is very rewarding.

Those two trades you are looking at are at good levels to short. However, again you were entering your Setups at an unfavourable time. And getting sucked in a fake entry is very likely.

Best

Both pending trades were cancelled and I woke up to see that one had would have hit the stop this morning so good call. So for the weekly VZ zones we wait until the end of the week to see how each weekly candle closed right? and if it managed to bounce up or down which creates a peak and a new VZ zone?

Back to normal trading today to see if there are any potential Z patterns, trading time up till 5pm London time!

Regards,
Roni

Right.

Best

Another Z pattern on the 30m eurcad chart hits stop… has me wondering now the trading times are that vital!!! I traded it an hour over the gmt trading time.

Hi Kasravi,

I’ve been following this thread and familiarizing myself with the concept and rules. Questions I have at this point are in regards to trades triggerring during the unfavourable trading times and I’ll use the recent AUD/CAD H4 short as an example.

This setup was initially triggered during asian session so we wouldn’t enter as this is an unfavourable time. However, by the time the europe/london came around price had retraced up and gave the opportunity to set an order at the original entry price.

As it has basically given us a second opportunity would we set this entry given that it had already triggered in asian session or do we just pass on it?

If the answer is no due to already being triggered then I would I take it that we would set the order if it had not been triggered during asian session and was still valid. Is that correct?

I’m currently in this trade on demo of course so would like to clarify this point.

Thanks