The Z Pattern

EUR/USD 1H RECAP

This Z Pattern gave us an easy entry to target the Weekly VZ. Which was hit effortlessly.

I said it before, trading inline with VZs can be very profitable. Eventhough they don’t always work out as smooth as anticipated. Once they do they are account boosters!

Best

Hi Kasravi, Really like the thread and your site too. I think this was disqualified because “4” was out of the channel. Also, is it ok if the line rides the channel like on this example?

Hi Riley!

Thanks, glad you like it.

What you point out does not disqualify a pattern ( talking about the channel riding). But it counts as a poor quality Z Pattern.

Best

Eur/Usd 1h Z Pattern

Currently stalking this Setup. Let’s see if it triggers.

Best

I was watching the same chart and a Z pattern has also formed on USD/CHF H1 but both broke the low of the Z pattern

Hi Kasravi,

On the line graph this does not qualify for a Z pattern following the guidelines.
How did you see this as a potential trade may I ask?

Kind regards,
Roni

Hi Kasravi
I agree with Roni on this one but you are the expert here. I would have passed because point #4 missed the channel shown by my red arrow. What are your thoughts here?

It closed at point on my charts. Regardless price broke out of the pattern before it got triggered. As a matter of fact is missed my entry by 2 points before it spiked.

Best

Watching this potential set up on EurGBP H4. Last candle still incomplete on my demo account which is delayed.

Also, GBPUSD H4 same as above. Incomplete last candle but on my radar.

Kasravi,

Does the close of #4 need to be on the channel line to qualify? Below is the candle chart for the EurGBP H4 which I posted the line above. If it doesnt then it could be time to place orders but if if does, then this would not qualify.

Making sure the pattern closes at the channel lines is important.
By the way I’m very bullish on this pair. Looking for signals to hit 0.8000 again.

Best

I am watching a possible Z on the GBPUSD H4 waiting for point 4 to close on the channel. Also, Kasravi, i took advantage of your suggestions from your site about having the bar and line chart set up together. Nice touch.

Also, i was wrong on the direction of the VZ so not a VZ play but looks like point 4 did close on the channel for a bullish Z

Hi riley,

Yeah having both charts together is much easier!

Best

I am in two trades, Lost usdchf sell position on the daily chart. It broke out upwards.

Still have a sell position on the audnzd 4 hour chart. I think its hit and miss with this method, sometimes you win
sometimes you lose. I wouldnt say its 95% win rate. Or then again maybe Im missing something like the trend and the VZ zone.

Will keep you guys updated.

Still have pending sell stop orders with eurjpy and euraud on 4 hou charts again.

Hi Kasravi,

Maybe you could shed some light on VZ zones and how to wait for them to form as a Z pattern as the content on VZ is password protected on your website.

I had some success with Z patterns but am now seeing more losses than winners when trading Z patterns. This may be due to me trading them anywhere on the chart and not at specific VZ zones.

Hi Roni25,
If you sign up at the website, you get access to that area which is what I did. I certainly have not received any unnecessary emails by doing so and the content is fabulous. No cost involved.

Kasravi

Looks like i didnt do too well on the GBPUSD H4 as shown below. Though I think the Z was a perfect Z, it was going against the trend of both this time frame and higher time frames as well as away from the direction of the next VZ. Do you normally take these into account?

Hi Kasravi, very interesting thread you have going on here. I am gonna demo trade this from tomorrow onwards. Thanks!

Good set-up on USD.JPY however I missed it :frowning: it was not in correct trading times though although I am starting to think the money changers use these quiet times to ‘stop hunt’ or push price to extremes before price corrects. Any thoughts?

Thought it was interesting that the one-hour and four hour charts both gave 'z patterns. 4hr chart is at top.

Cheers

Hi All,

I’ll reply to the Qs as soon as I can. And will update you with a method that will boost your Z Pattern hunting precision.

Best