The Z Pattern

Hi Jasp,

I think this was the 1H ZP on the U/J yesterday. The last candle would be the red candle.

Best

I’ll answer from left to right;
-Yes this was an extended type
-price was gaining momentum, but not ready to turn
-price was eventually ready to reverse at that point

Situations like that are tricky. In hindsight it played out. But in general poor quality ZPs are not the prime option.

Quick explanation on order flow with ZPs

Quick explanation on, why Z Patterns work

A full insight into Z Patterns with samples

Hope that helps.

Best

Guys be careful major USD and EUR news releases due today and tomorrow. Fortunately, the news releases should open more Z pattern opportunities later :wink:

H4 setup from yesterday turned out perfectly… TP 2 hit … seems gonna continue going high

Question: Value zone is defined as pivot in weekly chart right ? for USD CHF where would be the next value zone ? can you show this as example ? thanks.

*Note I have read your article on value zone but would love to understand more with live example .

Thanks

My mistake for this trade is setting tp lower than the first/second candle close. There was a first dip which was very close to my tp point but it didnt triggered. However, I am still comfortable with the trade as it is aline with the daily trend or infact the overall trend of aud weakness now.

Yeah Usd/Chf yesterday was a nice catch. Weekly VZ for this pair lies much further down. For now I’d wait for new weekly VZs to establish. i’ll update as soon as that happens.

Best

I’m in the same trade and still open;)

Best

Looks like a setup in eurusd , betting on the retracement of EURusd

If it breaks the recent low, the pattern will be invalid. if it doesnt , it should go to the tp region which is the close of first/second candle of the ZP

GOod R:R if it triggers

Update: Conservative TP1 hit… for AUDUSD H4 trade

This trade can actually let it run. ill keep track to see if it will hit the next support.

this trade invalidated … since the recent low was broken . eur usd shall not retrace yet until london session

are these pivot lines i drew represent the value zones ?

Yeah all correct you got it right!. Remember we are always looking for two VZs. A base one and a target. Or in other words Top and Bottom. Price will try to travel to the target VZ. And if a new pivot gets created while price is on the way to it’s target VZ then we have a new Value Zone.

ps: well done on that Aussie trade, it was well worth it££££
Best

U were talking about 2 VZ . Is this what u were referring to ? since now the price has move up higher than previous target VZ . We should be waiting for new VZ to appear.

also, in what condition we can let the profit run upon hitting the conventional tp ? for example usdchf , it shot up way higher than target tp of the z pattern appeared yesterday

That’s right. If this weeks candle curls down and presents a pivot. I’ll be targetting shorts.

Best

I Love this question!! give me a min. gonna post a chart shortly. To explain how easily this major leap was foreseable.

Best

USD/CHF TRADE RECAP

This trade sky rocketed. But how could one trader anticipated that?
In this Article I explain how to take advantage of major chart patterns to maximize profits. It’s a bizzare approach. But with the tactic I layed out it’s a very safe and rewarding one. Go ahead everyone and backtest your charts. You’ll reach that WOW effect once you see that before these big breaks. There was almost always a ZP kick starting it.

Best

Anyone seen this setup on the EURNZD 4hr chart… its with the larger trend which is still bearing.

Also Kasravi, do you only trade from VZ zones not S/R levels?

With VZ zones we look on the weekly chart and then trade to the previous VZ zone whether long or short? I only traded from SR levels so wouldnt know…

Hi Roni,

In this Article I explain the [B][B]differences[/B] between[B] S/R [/B]and [B]VZs[/B](which a senior Analyst edited for me). You see VZs[/B] act as [B]price magnets[/B]. I am not looking forward for price to react to or hold at [B]VZ levels.[/B] As a matter of fact price usually [B]shoots right through it.[/B] What I’m really looking forward to is that price comes back to that level.

I’m not setting aside S/R levels. I’m simply opening another opportunity to look at price swings.

Best