The Z Pattern

Nice one. Glad it worked out for you :35:

I don’t take new trades going into NFP, to much of a coin flip for me, but nice when it works out :53:

Hi Craig,

NFP is a hot thing, you’re absolutely right. I usually don’t advocate to trade at that time either. This Setup and another usd/chf trade was with a lot of reasoning, atleast for me.

Have a good trading week!

Best

Took a EUR/CAD 1 hr Buy. Close enough to 1:1 RR for me.

Broker comparison:
This was the First trade I took on my newly funded (Broker A) account with very low spreads, but now pay a commission. They said I would save money over non-commission. I got to compare with my other non-commission (Broker B) by taking two identical trades. I didn’t want to seem like I was advertising so went with Broker A-B.

Broker A (commission) TP for 27.5 pips
Broker B (non-commission)TP for 25 pips

Even with paying a commission on Broker A I made more, at least on this trade, which was a pleasant surprise. I made 4.5% more while paying a commission. That was a little shocking and I hope that continues :53:

Final result of trade:

Fantastic.
How much commission do you pay per a standard Lot?

Best

"transparent commissions now start as low as $0.04 per 1k lot"
It’s been a long time since I’ve been with a commission broker. I don’t know if these are good rates or not :33:

COMMISSION SCHEDULE 1
EUR/USD - GBP/USD - USD/JPY - USD/CHF - AUD/USD - EUR/JPY - GBP/JPY

Trade Size 1,000 10,000 100,000 1,000,000
Per Side $0.04 $0.40 $4.00 $40.00
Round Turn $0.08 $0.80 $8.00 $80.00

COMMISSION SCHEDULE 2
AUD/CAD - AUD/CHF - AUD/JPY - AUD/NZD - CAD/CHF - CAD/JPY - CHF/JPY - CHF/NOK - CHF/SEK EUR/AUD - EUR/CAD - EUR/CHF - EUR/CZK - EUR/DKK - EUR/GBP - EUR/HUF - EUR/NOK - EUR/NZD EUR/PLN - EUR/SEK - EUR/TRY - GBP/AUD - GBP/AUD - GBP/CHF - GBP/NZD - GBP/SEK - HKD/JPY - NOK/JPY - NZD/CAD - NZD/CHF - NZD/JPY - NZD/USD - SEK/JPY - SGD/JPY - TRY/JPY USD/CAD - USD/CNH - USD/CZK - USD/DKK - USD/HKD - USD/HUF - USD/ILS - USD/MXN USD/NOK - USD/PLN - USD/RUB - USD/SEK - USD/SGD - USD/TRY - USD/ZAR - ZAR/JPY

Trade Size 1,000 10,000 100,000 1,000,000
Per Side $0.06 $0.60 $6.00 $60.00
Round Turn $0.12 $1.20 $12.00 $120.00

Commissions shown above represent accounts with a base currency of USD.

I Just realized an error I made. I didn’t include the other side of the commission. So it was 4.5% more with commission not 9.6% as I originally posted. I thought that was a little much :55:

That’s some cut edge commission. whats your spread like? Oh and by the way thanks for sharing Craig. Much appreciated.

Best

Looking to short :
chf/usd
gbp/aud
gbp/cad

Best

Spreads are the best I’ve ever been able to get without having to have a large account. I think the spreads are great.

USD/CHF 4 Hr Setup

CHF/JPY 4 Hr setup

This one is now invalid as the high of the pattern was taken out.

That’s odd, Still good on my two brokers :15:

The invalid pattern is the USD/CHF. It has reached 0.9700.

The CHF/JPY is still good.

Yeah, I just figured out I was responding to the wrong one haha :30:

The invalidated pattern on USD/CHF 4 Hr came back and hit TP, but I had already cancelled my order after the high of the pattern was taken out.

CHF/JPY 4 Hr Setup is now invalid

When it all comes together it sure does magic…see charts below

There was a neat ZP on 4h which hit TP. Then prices bounced back giving another opportunity to slam it lower.

This setup wasn’t very stellar. but good enough to drag prices lower.

While the 4h setup on this pair got cancelled. Prices pushed up and printed another zp on this pair.

Keep those ZP hunting eyes open friends. There is power behind those moves!

Best

Still neophyte with Z patterns but one just completed on NZD CAD H2 …

Let’s see how it plays out

That doesnt look like a Z pattern of profitable interest to me.
Risk/Reward needs to be higer.

Best
Ron