The Z Pattern

My Lazy Loss. Well that’s what I’m calling it. I took a EUR/USD 6hr short. Got triggered during the London Session. I was kind of on the fence about this one to begin with, but proceeded anyways. What would have swayed me more was if I had known the FOMC was coming up. Yup didn’t do all my homework. I would be stopped out literally 1 pip before the FOMC, which would then go big in my favor. To add a little extra salt to the wound. I do my charting on MT4 and place orders with another broker platform. The prices vary by few pips. I didn’t feel like redoing all the numbers again. Normally, it makes little difference, but of course this time it would have survived the stop loss. I learned a lot from this loss from start to finish. Funny that I would have learned nothing had I won :rolleyes:

Heads up boys! :wink:

Lets see how it pans out, very small risk compared to reward ration!

Best
Ron

I’m done trading ZP for the week. This week’s results:

2 trades, 2 losers for -55 pips total.

I will post shortly my October results which were very good.

Hector

Following is a summary of my October performance trading Z Patterns:

12 trades: 8 Winners for +428 pips, 4 Losers for -131 pips. Net profit +297 pips.

Average winner +54 pips, average loser -33 pips.

7 trades made on 4 Hr chart: 5 wins, 2 losses
4 trades made on 1 Hr chart: 2 wins, 2 losses
1 trade made on 6 Hr chart: 1 win, 0 loss

I started trading Z Patterns on 01-Oct, so these are all of the trades I’ve made. I would be happy if I could continue having similar results. We’ll see how November goes. I will continue using the same Z Pattern trading plan I used during October.

Hector

Good work hector! You obviously have your discipline nailed down, having only taken 12 deals in a whole month. Some people trade more times than that in a day!!

Good for you! I’m glad it’s working out for you!

Thanks for that. Yes, it is far better to take only a few quality trades, than a lot of lesser quality trades. That is why I don’t even consider taking trades with less than 25 pip profit potential. In time, I may adjust this requirement but for now, that is what I have in my trading plan rules of engagement.

I’ve noticed through my backtesting that you don’t see that many quality setups. So I would expect to see only 2 - 5 quality trade opportunities per week. It is much better to stay out and wait for a quality setup than to try to force a low quality trade.

Regards,
Hector

good stuff ! been busy these days.

I shall also start a journal for z pattern only :slight_smile: !
I shall follow your pursuit yohec ! i will only aim for h1 and h4 setup :slight_smile: . patience is the key :! good luck ! nov should be a good month !

USD/JPY 4 Hr. Here is a good ZP setup. This pair has moved up almost 500 pips since Friday. Maybe it is due for a pullback? This pair has not been this high since 2007.

im in as well :slight_smile: 20 pips up ! brilliant stuff

btw when do u profit lock ? or do u profit lock ?

Jasper, I have not been locking in profit. Once I’m in the trade, I step back and let it hit either TP or SL.

Hector

I like getting a take profit alert message on my phone :slight_smile:

I took a EUR/NZD 4hr sell. TP for +86 pips. Of interest was the counter z pattern that did form after entry. However, since it was not tradable, and other reasons, I chose to stay with my initial trade.

[QUOTE=craigfx;665319]I like getting a take profit alert message on my phone :slight_smile:

I took a EUR/NZD 4hr sell. TP for +86 pips. Of interest was the counter z pattern that did form after entry. However, since it was not tradable, and other reasons, I chose to stay with my initial trade.

Nice winner, well done.

I saw that same setup yesterday morning but decided not to place an order because of the R/R. On my chart the risk was 80 pips and the reward was 60 pips, or a R/R of 1 : 0.75. My current trading plan requires a minimum of 0.85.

I’m glad it worked out for you. 86 pips is a very nice winner.

Hector

I’m out of this trade for -64 pips.

I profit locked… 10pips oh well

Made some good pips on the usdjpy trade!

A good opportunity showed itself on the EURCAD pair below but unfortunately hit the S/L.

Goodluck for the remainder of the week!

Roni

That was a nice setup on EUR/CAD with R/R 1:2. I missed seeing it or I would have placed an order. I don’t check the 1 Hr charts often.

Lucky you didnt Yohec… :wink:

Hi All,

Market is expected to pump tomorrow(due respect to every Glaswegian, where the verb pump has got a total different meaning:p) as NFP report (the slaughter house) will get released and we should see strong moves from usd counter parts.

Looking at Usd/Cad right now I like how price has formed a roof rejection, and if I had to tip I’d favour a short. However it’s going to playout it’s gonna be a slaughter house. Just make sure you’re the butcher not the sheep.

Best

Good morning/evening Gentlemen!

Lots of nice Z’s on AUD/USD last few days even found a z pattern that was on the 1hr, 2hr and 4hr chart all at the same time! Been very busy with other work and haven’t stopped by in a while great to see thread is still going strong.

Regards

That just worked out fine!
Here is the Extended ZP I played on Usd/Cad. I had to adjust TP levels to make it worthwhile and it sure did.

After the news got released. Price on this pair ‘‘butchered’’ it’s way down the charts. Wish everyone a good trading Week.

Best