The Z Pattern

Good evening,

I wondered if this might be a valid pattern.

Its on GBP/JPY and the lines seem to fit quite well:

Happy Monday :slight_smile:

Padraic

Hi again,

One point to add is that the 4 hour candle is still 1 hour and 20 minutes from completion.

Patience Irish man, patience :wink:

Good evening,

One further question if I may?

Does it make a difference to use a 5 versus a 6 day candle week?

I have both and I see significant differences.

Thanks,

Padraic :slight_smile:

Good evening Padraic,

Very well spotted, unfortunately the setup has missed to touch the channel on my charts.
Here is what I’ve got on GBP/jpy 4hr chart

Otherwise I would have been all over it. That said If it fits on your charts and you see an opportunity to jump
on the up momentum then by all means take it. But if you want to play it safe you’d let that one go.

Cheers

There was a Valid setup on GBP/jpy 4hr this morning that played out flawlessly.

Cheers

Good question.

You’d see a difference if you’d play the daily charts,otherwise I recommend having one or two different brokers to compare
the intraday charts.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Good evening,

Yes that helps alot.

Thanks a million for this feeback and also for sharing this method.

I really like it and Im gonna keep sharing.

Have a great evening,

Wow, well spotted,

I completely missed that one while looking at the more recent Z :slight_smile:

Practice is key I think.

Take care,

Padraic

Thanks looking forward.

Wish you the best.

Cheers

usd/chf 1hr Live ‘Z’ Setup

A Z Pattern has emerged on the 1hr chart. Entry and stops are as marked on the chart above. And if in any case
price breaks below the low of the pattern , then the setup gets invalidated.

Relevant line chart

This current setup doesn’t cover a huge pip span. However it does give us an opportunity to catch the lenght of
the pattern itself.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

Gbp/Usd 6hr Invalid Z

Price did not fully manage to present us with a quality setup. As shown in the charts below.

Relevant Line chart

As it is visible the break in the middle of the pattern was not contained in the channel lines and is not in
line with the example pattern type to the right. Which leaves us with a low quality Z Pattern.

It is crucial that the patterns emerge completely unified. Not for aesthetic reasons, but in order to verify that the
move that led to the pattern was a controled one.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

Usd/Chf 1hr Live Setup Recap

After Entry got triggered price waited for the Us open to make it’s move. Usd/Chf managed to climb further past
our initial TP flawlessly.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

Good afternoon Kasravi.
Thank you for a first class idea.
You have just answered my first question, post 91. My other question is, 'do all set ups have only two consecutive candles at the start or could a situation be where several candles appear prior to a valid setup presenting itself?
Best wishes
Nissanman
North west UK

Aud/Chf 1 hr Z Pattern

I was anticipating a bigger Reversal from that pair while on the 1 hour chart a Z Pattern emerged. That said, it was
not the move I was looking for therefor I took all I could get.

Relevant Line chart

What I’m going to say has got nothing to do with the Z Pattern itself but rather how to optimize it
within market behaviour.

Peers know that price on the charts runs in waves. Some use retracement calculations to figure out
where it will hit next and some rely solely on S/R. The essence is that a bigger move almost always
(note that I didn’t say always) dips back before it leaps forward. And that’s where you want to enter!

Many times you’ll notice that in those retracements ‘Z s’ appear. It’s at those times that you’ll get an
optimum Entry. After all we only trade when we can clearly read the market and when there is an obvious
signal.

I hope peers found it usefull, wish all the best.

Cheers

Hi Nissanman,

Not at all.

It doesn’t really matter how many candles it takes to make up the Pattern, as long as it fits with the outlines types.
However trading on different pairs than eur/usd requires a bit more market knowledge.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Hi again Nissanman,

After reading your question again I noticed that you were asking about the top and bottom of the patterns rather the body.
(Correct me if I’m wrong).

The top/bottom of the pattern is mostly made out of only two candles. In other words point 1-2 is essentially two candles ,
so is point 3-4.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Good morning Kasravi,
Ref your post 96, that was the question I was looking to answer.
Thank you for a clear and understandable answer.
I look forward to following your idea and the progression of it.
Nissanman

Isn’t be a extended fifth wave from Elliott this pattern Z??

Hi bencjusz,

The whole idea of E waves extensions sum up in a 1-2-3 pattern which in some cases resembles the letter Z.(there is much
more detail to it which I don’t want to engage here)
Note though there is a world between the Z pattern taught in here and what you mentioned. The Z pattern gives an opportunity
to get on a thrust in the market. Sometimes that thrust lasts for as long as the pattern extends. Other times it’s the very start
of a huge leap. Bringing anticipation and the Z pattern together will give you an idea on how to manage a trade.

Thanks everyone for asking question and please keep doing so in order to pave any confusions or unclearities.

Wish all the best.

Cheers

Good morning and Happy Saturday,

I think I found a Z Pattern in Eur/Usd which I did not trade.

But it was nice to finally find one which worked out:

And the line chart:

Again, I should add, I found these on the 5 day platform and not the 6.

Have a great day all,