The Z Pattern

Hi Nissanman,

My bad I should have posted the line chart with it. Here it is;

Eur/Usd 8H Live Z Pattern , Line chart

I believe price missed to hit classical TP by a few pips already, let’s see how it goes from here.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Cheers

Nice one. Is there a way i can convert my 4hr chart to 8 hr?

Certainly there is but I strongly suggest that you sign up for a demo account on any broker that provides MT-5 accounts.
On MT-5 accounts you have additional timeframes available like 12h,8h,6h,2h. Take it from there it’s much easier.

Cheers

Just a quick note on trade management. I’ve closed half of my position @ 1.3640 which was classical Tp. From here on price has enough room to move and it’s a risk free trade.

Wish all the best.

Cheers

Hi Kas… great method. Been keenly reading it and just started practicing my eye on these patterns. Here’s my first one. GBPJPY, weekly charts (I know you recommend H4, but why not try out bigger time frames).

Anyways, attached image shows both candlestick and line chart. Am I right?

I think the trade has already triggered. Stops at 174.803, entry at 172.030, target at 167.667… Thoughts?

EDIT: Also, if you look at the line chart on the daily, there seems to be a small H&S pattern being formed. Its not completed yet, but looks quite certain. The target incidentally falls to the 167 region. Also the 168/167 levels was a support turned resistance level. The Z-pattern (if it is valid) surely shows confluence with other methods of TA. And if the uptrend will prevail, it looks like that will be the dip in the uptrend and a good opportunity to buy again (unless things change by the time price gets to that level).

Yen crosses are shaping up for the same pattern on the weekly. I checked USDJPY weekly and it shows the same. If it is correct, would be a great trade opportunity.

Hi Ragnor,

Thanks.

First of all, weekly and daily Z patterns work not the same as intraday trading and can get quite complex to master.

To your charts I must say that the top and bottom of the pattern is not in proportion. As you can see
your channel lines failed to cross at the closing price of the candles, hence it’s an invalid Z Pattern.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Thanks for clarifying. I mostly trade on daily/weekly. Would be good to see (at some point) on how this pattern plays out on these TF’s. Going back to doing my homework now. :22:

Greetings, Missed these set ups.

EUR/USD 8H LIVE SETUP RECAP

As discussed price easily hit initial TP level. I closed half of my position and left the rest to play out.
Before price moved further it dipped deep and BE got hit.

Cheers

EUR/NZD 8H LIVE SETUP RECAP

Once Entries got hit price made a good rush and the trade was well in money. Just like the Fibre trade prices
were too volatile and SL got hit before moving up.

Cheers

Heads up on Eur/USD 8h and xau/USD 8h z patterns.
I’m having difficulties with my computer, but will post setups a.s.a.p. .

cheers

Gold 8h Live Setup

Last year I posted a Z pattern setup on the gold (xau/usd) 8h chart. While the trade is still in play, another quality
setup has emerged.

Relevant Line chart

From here we might see another dip into the 1200.00 area (value zone). The best way to play this trade is to
close half of the position at intial TP and leave the rest to play. If SL were to hit, one would take much smaller loses
whilst giving the trade the opportunity to play out.

I wish everyone a successful trading week.

Cheers

GBP/AUD 1H LIVE Z PATTERN SETUP,

A neat Z Pattern has been completed on this pair and is accompanied by a pinbar. Which results in a strong confluence.

Relevant Line chart

I would be looking to take some profit around classic TP and leave the rest to run to around 1.8000 area and hopefully beyond.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

AUD/CAD 8H LIVE Z PATTERN SETUP,

Our last setup got canceled. Now a superb Z Pattern has presented itself on the Aussie/Canadian dollar.

Relevant Line chart.

If the pattern doesn’t get canceled it’s a perfect opportunity to make big gains and trade this pair all the way back up.
There is a similar setup on the same TF on the Gbp/Aud.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

[B]Gold 8h Live Setup RECAP[/B]

This trade kick started pretty bad and came dangerously close to our SL. However price regained momentum
and pushed price right into initial TP. There were two consecutive counter z patterns on the 4h TF. Which was an indication
that price would force it’s way back up. Following the trading plan one would close the trade out or going BE after taking half the money off the table.

I wish all the best.

Cheers

AUD/CAD 8H LIVE Z PATTERN SETUP RECAP

Price was really slow on this pair. Eventually it moved and rushed right into my TP level. From here we could take some
money off the trade as we are 1:3 reward so far and manage the trade further as per plan.

Wish all the best.

Cheers

USD/CHF 1H Z PATTERN,

Strong momentums have created this Z pattern on the 1h chart.

Relevant Line chart

This setup could be a neat reversal on this pair. Let’s see how it playes out.

Wish all the best.

Cheers

Goodstuff mate!

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks for dropping by buddy.

PS: For peeps that didn’t know,Dudest, is a valued member and very versatile trader.His support and knowledge is much appreciated.

cheers

EUR/AUD 4H Z PATTERN SETUP

While our last signal got canceled another pattern emerged on the eur/aud, both on the 4h and 8h chart.
However the 4h got triggered already. Unfortunately this happened outside our trading hours, hence we’ll
re-evaluate the setup upon London opening in order to open position or not.

Relevant Line chart.

Wish all the best.

Cheers