Thesis Survey - Your Help Needed

Hello there,

I am a Banking and Finance student conducting a research among behavioural biases of trading app users. As a part of my research I need to conduct a short online survey which is completely anonymous and shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes or less to complete. All data will be used solely for the purpose of the research and not shared with any third party.

I promise this will not take much of your time but it would help me a lot.

Link: https://forms.gle/QMCraQNXEMToKVg4A

Thank you very much!

Thanks to everyone who participated so far! I know surveys are not very fun but I promise this one does not take long. Your help is much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Thanks, everyone. We still need more responses, especially from women. I promise it does not take very long. :slight_smile:

Some of questions are not precise enough:

• ’Buying a single company stock usually provides a safer return than a stock mutual fund.’ - depends on mutual fund and stock… If you take stable dividend stock against some banana mutual fund then there is totally different story. And I cannot say what USUALLY is true (and I don’t believe anyone knows) - to have proper answer you need to take all single stocks from local markets and compare stats with whole population of mutual funds. Haven’t seen reliable research on this tbh.
  • Other market participants are important to me as a source of information. - this can be interpreted in many ways. Do I listen to analysts from big banks? No. Do I value information presented by price chart? Yes, and price chart is direct information from other market participants.
  • "After investing, I keep seeking out positive information about the asset." - what does it mean “after investing”? I believe it should be “After opening position”, as investing is whole set of activities and relationship with given asset or portfolio can last for years.

Done hope your thesis goes well for you and the very best in your future career :blush:

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Yes, some questions seem vague but they are taken directly from previous literature, per professor’s advice. The first question is one of the Big 3 financial literacy questions.