This post is for all of you wannabe Fulltime Forex Traders

If you start with 1000 usd, 2% would be 20 pips a week.

If you use 5% per week, thats enough to make 12k in one year. Compounding included.

5% is 50 pips a week. You believe that is not possible?

Well my monitors were peppered with breakfast cereal this morning after ranting uncontolably at some of the posts thats for sure! :D:D:D

Yea the excel compounding logic is sound, but works better I think on longer TFā€™s with correspondingly lower lot sizing. So itā€™ll take 4-6 years instead. LOL

The above is entirely dependant on lot size. The higher the lot size, yes the less pips required to make 2-5%. However, in my humble opinion, the greater the risk of losing 2-5%. Esentially your taking a punt on 20 pips to get your 2% gain for the week. Inherently risky trading. Very very few can consistanly remain profitable scalping the short TFā€™s. But good luck. :slight_smile:

Thank you, but I do not have a time limit. I just put my backtest chart and stats in here and thats it. If I make my million in 3 or 10 years doesnā€™t really matter to me. I do also have more than 1k to start.

There is another thing, though: My robots calculate the risk on a trade by trade base and not weekly. If those gains are high enough per day, the compounding will be much better. Because the compounding works then on a trade by trade factor and not only weekly. If that bot makes 1500 trades this compounding is much more efficient than just increase it 52 times a year (each week).

As I wrote: No trade more than 1% risk (average is rather less) and maximum drawdown is 3%. This drawdown to decrease to that point was my most important goal.

EAā€™s not my area being a card carrying ā€˜Luditeā€™ but if it turns out half as well as predictedā€¦ go sell it to one of the major banks (a few use EAā€™s locked down)ā€¦ instant multi-millionaire! :slight_smile:

No, I can wait. I will do it for myself. I also have 2 bots. That makes it a bit faster. And Iā€™ll see how many bots I will code over the years to extend my pet zoo. :wink:

The only concerns I have is it will not get filled if the lot size increases. I guess I will have to check that out later, lol. Plus I probably have to change that stuff a bit to circumvent stop hunting if the lot sizes increase. Weā€™ll see ā€¦

Iā€™m just being nit picky but the OP pointed out a tweezer top on EU and said sell at the top of the second tweezer candle. But you canā€™t do that because when price is at the top itā€™s not a tweezer yet. Sure you can still get a good entry after you see the long wick form but if you wait for that to happen, you wonā€™t be getting in at the very top.

Hi all, my first here (sorry for my english in advance). Strange 3d, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s moving from a gurushaped and (maybe) scam owner (and a very long tail of cleared pictures) to a ā€œspatialā€ report whitout support data but followed by a few good thoughts (but believe me, for me to see that report alone itā€™s like ā€œno martini no partyā€:p)

Please do not offend yourself Buckscoder, but, as you teach us some posts ago, I tend to donā€™t trust anyone (for myself i usually make exception:rolleyes:), but at the same time i would build the reasons to trust or not, and often, as in this case, i really hope to discover something useful to move updown my distrust.

So, believe to that chart? Trying to understand, I would have a quite naive question to you (Iā€™ve just bought my house, so no money at all in my pockets :slight_smile: ) your losses are rare but bigger (average value) than profits. Why?

Am I a newbie? :wink:

At any case thanks to you for giving us the hope that eas can reach good results.

Ok, have a great we, to all.

Buckscoder:
Thanks for reply, I`ll be interested to know your EA result. Before, I was pretty confident that people could NOT make money in the long run using bots. Curious!

I wonder when OP is gonna post his looong .doc about trading strat?? :S

Because it is part of the strategy?

See, my average losses are almost identical to my average profits. It just differs around 15% or so. That changes depending on the last period to check. Because the lot size changes. So, it could be vice versa in 6 months. But as you already recognized, my trades profit rate ist higher than 92%. That means, out of 10 trades 9 are a winner. But even this is not fixed. Depending on when my backtest check is made, it differs as follows:

Profits could be more as twice as big as losers.
Success rate may shrink then to 80%. That means 8 winners out of 10 trades. Which doubles the losses. In the end it doesnā€™t matter if I make almost equal profits/losses with high success rate or twice profits than losses with loss count doubled.

So, do I care about? Not one pip! The values to look at are: Drawdown and profit ratio.

Here we go:

Profit factor 11.66
Relative drawdown 3.33%

That means: I never lost more than around 3% from the top of my ATHs in the account. Plus the profit ratio is high enough that one pip more or less are unimportant over the long run. That is what matters with every strategy, be it executed manually or automatic via robot!

What most people donā€™t seem to recognize: An EA is not a quick rich scheme. It is just another way to trade a system. The fundamental part lies in the system. Not if it is executed via code lines or by hand. At least all trades executed by hand sum up as code lines at the brokers server. So, you can trade that system with or without EA. It just is easier for me to not watch all day and night to the screens to find an opportunity.

HAY!!!

Iā€™m feeling a bit ā€˜left outā€™ here!!! LOL!!!

What is the link to the ā€˜OPā€™sā€™ (thanks TalonD for explaining it to me) blog??? Iā€™ve just gone through this thread again and I cannot find it (I know it WAS here somewhere but I cannot find it)???

This thread never ceases to amaze!!! LOL!!! Look at how it started out, where it went, and where itā€™s ended up now??? LOL!!! Geez: we even have R Carter posting here now!!! Who knows: this could end up being one of the ā€˜greatā€™ threads you know!!! Iā€™ll tell yaā€™ll this much: thereā€™s a whole BUNCH of people (myself included) who are going to have a whole LOT of ā€˜egg on our facesā€™ if this guy actually succeeds you know!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Regarding that martini: Shaken, not stirred please. :wink:

This was really an informative post, really liked it a lot.
Loking forward to more updates.

it was very interesting and informative.thanks

I go for every your singular statement, except about the botā€™s rule, but itā€™s unimportant.

Drawdown is the only one (and I hope last) reason I donā€™t still move my autotrading from demo to real.

Ok, another bit of work, bye

ā€¦ ah, hereā€™s to us

Going back to the whole $1000 to $1000000 in 8 months, he will need to be making a profit each trading day of ~4.05% on his account.

(365/12) * 8 = 243.33

243.33 * (5/7) = 173.81

1000(1+x)^ 173.81 = 1,000,000

x = 0.0405

Five days a week trading, less a possible two week holiday, bank holidays either side of the pond and low volume over Christmas and the New year and were already nearer 200 days. :slight_smile:

What? I factored in 5 days a week, hence why the number of days I used is 173ā€¦ Over Christmas he is not trading, and the public holidays do not stop tradingā€¦ they just limit the volume of specific currencies.

Only read your first line. An explanation of each line would have aided the educationally ā€˜challengedā€™ amongst us. :smiley: Still, you think its doable? Five days a week, low volume holidays, extended low volume peroid over Christmas and New year, an NFP news day a month to name only one potentially high risk trading day. Even a full twelve months trading will need a ā€˜deal with the Devilā€™ to pull this off! :eek:

Haha, I wasnā€™t trying to say if itā€™s doable or not, just what he will be needing to make per day in order to achieve this. I agree it will be hardā€¦ but only time will tell if he can pull it off!