This Redditor took out $76,000 in loans to trade meme stocks thanks to hype

He estimates that he pays $1,500 in debt repayments every month — a sizable chunk of his monthly income of around $2,800 after taxes, which Insider verified with documents. With an estimate of between $50,000 and $60,000 left to pay off, he says he’ll probably be paying off his debt through 2028.

“Then I have to pay rent, I have to pay for food. I’m only living to pay this stuff,” Aaron said.

Craaaazy. He could be paying for his mortgage instead lol

2 Likes

¨ though he admitted he didn’t do much research himself before putting money in¨

Well, there you go.

To be honest, I’ve done that. Hey, we’re human. Sometimes, we think we’re doing the right thing, then we find out later that we’re not.

Ok, fine. He lost big. Now what? That can’t be the end of the story.

Everyone loves a good comeback. Well, if he’s smart, he’ll leverage this experience to trade smarter and make even more money back.

It’s an unfortunate situation, but it doesn’t mean he can’t make up for his mistake. If he just works his job and gives up on investing, that’s even more tragic than how the story began.

Never, ever, ever, never, never, never, ever, ever give up.

What do you think @ponponwei ?

Of course, he can make up from this mistake, but that kind of mistake leaves a print in psychic, he can now fear to lose any amount of cash. Fear is an emotion, trading emotions is a straight path to lose an account.

1 Like

Right. I guess he’s gonna have to work hard isn’t he? Nothing good comes easy.

That’s why a comeback is such a great story, but few can do it. The work you put in has to overcompensate for your faults. It’s an awful process, but the prize is much more than money: it’s pride in oneself.

Just imagine reading the follow up to this story five years from now, and he completely turned his life around. We’d all be thinking, ¨Oh my god, he actually did it!¨

Time will show us what he can do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aaron has an addiction that will continue unless he seeks help. There will be no comeback.

1 Like

you can't win

Aaron is many things. And based on his quotes, he kinda seems like an idiot. Which makes him even less likely a candidate for a comeback. He’s a genuine longshot.

The more unlikely it is, the more impressed you would be if you found out he did come back. And if he did, he wouldn’t be the same person. Such a struggle would peel away any idiotic layers he has. It requires so much self-reflection.

If it were easy, everybody would do it.

Def agree except I don’t think he should be trading until he takes care of his gambling tendencies. Maybe therapy or just a deeper self-reflection.

1 Like

A lot of trading is about self-control, in my opinion.

His comeback process would include dismantling his psyche and rebuilding it stronger. That’s a lot self-reflection. A lot. The bigger the problem, the deeper the treatment has to go.

In my opinion, he shouldn’t stop trading. Just switch to demo while in therapy, so that he doesn’t develop an overwhelming amount of a fear around trading, caused by a prolonged absence. Or if he feels he needs an absence, then whatever.

It’s difficult, but not impossible.

This makes sense too. So he doesnt develop trauma around trading.

1 Like