This Week's Question: Do You Have a Trading Mistake You Keep Doing?

I always miss out when to close my trade and secondly impatient is doing a bad job in me

good suggestion, higher timeframes do keep me away from the screen more so im not starting to imagine things lol. Scalping on lower timeframes gets me in trouble and I get too impulsive

1 Like

cool, if u are trading the breakout, make sure it did, then on pullbacks then enter trade accordingly :slight_smile:

nice, yup everyone of us has different ways of trading.There isnt one soup that tastes the same for all !
haha…

1 Like

This actually happen to me Often
But having a trade plan and stick to it that is the key

1 Like

My StopLoss sometimes I feel my Lev but no my StopLoss they are too tight for my kind of trades no matter how far I take then attimes

Yes, sometimes I get overly emotional when I experience profits/losses. It is quite hard for me to keep my cool and don’t get greedy/angry during those times. Being emotionally stable is the matter of the utmost importance in trading!

Having a stop loss to high because I had more than 3 trades open on the same time frame. No more. I use only two trades and no more than a 20 pip stop loss.

Yup definitely a lesson I keep having to learn. Hopefully I won’t forget this time!

taking indicators for granted and not using my eyes for the false signals dragging me down.

Two of the most common mistakes in my group of friends trading is overtrading and impatience.

Overtrading probably comes from overconfidence. So we can count that one up as well. It is a cognitive bias when you believe that every idea you generate is right and play out in the markets profitably. This can lead you to situations where you end up losing a lot, and it’s already too late.

Impatience is when you get in too early and get out too early. A lot of my friends, when they see green color on their positions, they tend to take profits right away to lock in the profits. Even though it is sometimes the right move, doing it all the time is basically leaving gains on the table.

Improving these mistakes can take a bit of time and discipline, but still, it hurts when you close a position when you’re up 4-5%, and it continues to go in your favor without you…