This Week's Question: Do You Have a Trading Mistake You Keep Doing?

This question is for anyone who’s ever had to deal with making the same trading mistake/s over and over again.

What’s that one trading mistake you keep doing and do you know what triggers it?

More importantly, what are you doing to help prevent it from happening again?
4 Likes

My most common mistake would be trying to catch tops & bottoms AKA: Reversals. I know I’m not the only one who’s drawn to their seductive nature and their sharp curves.

I’m trying to prevent this by adhering to my trend trading strategy. I also put a 20MA on the chart just as a visual reminder of which way I need to trade.

4 Likes

I jump on reversal trend quite early and my stop loss is usually hit then the price goes back to my way.

1 Like

I repeat the mistake of trading when busy and outside of trading activities over and over again.

1 Like

The mistake I’m doing over and over again for years is careless opening positions in correlated pairs.
Eg. I have pending stop order above NZDUSD support for BUY and two days later I open USDCHF long… NZDUSD triggers and I finish up with basically a NZDCHF trade which is totally not what I was aiming at :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely has to be getting ahead of my strategy. :sweat: My FOMO on the trades just leave me with losing positions a lot of times. :confused:

2 Likes

The mistake that I make that leads to the most in terms of loss is opening a position.

2 Likes

getting bored and taking a trade that doesn’t fully meet my strategy criteria if im not seeing any setups

Im still working on this but suck at it, any suggestions would be great lol

1 Like

I suggest to use daily time frame as the authority time frame, It racencly helped me to be calm and strengthen my patience.

1 Like

I told my self not place a trade on Monday because majority of my loss, above 80% came from Monday, I was repeating the same mistakes, until I decided to open my platform early morning on Tuesday.

1 Like

My common mistake is not taking profits early then ending up losing money. Any tips? I do a lot of good trades but I just can’t seem to take advantage of them! I get so pissed off in the end of the day because I had good positions and I lost them because I’m greedy af. How do you fight greediness? How do you plan your trades and follow them without any touching?

Also impulsive trading, is there any trick that I can do to stop doing trading without much thinking?

I want to get rid of these 2 problems that make my trading a nightmare rollercoaster.

1 Like

Whatever your strategy is outside of boredom like when you trade for foreal utilize it a few times on test runs / back tests so it won’t continue to grab your attention out of boredom .

Not setting SLs :cold_face:

Set your stop loss at your entry point aka break even. If the trade goes against you you wont loss a ton.

2 Likes

You should set them or you are going to wipe out your balance.

Follow the trend and open at the MA line, not away from it.

Thinking too much

Although it prevents me from taking a loss sometimes, most of the time I tend to miss good entries only to come back later to see that what I had in mind back then was the right thing.

One thing i’m doing to help prevent me from “overthinking” too much" is to simply try to follow my plan. I tell myself that no matter what happens, long as i’ve followed my plan everything will be okay.

1 Like

Blowing up my account not knowing when to stop trading till i get to zero balance.

1 Like

same, same haha

we’re so stupid

1 Like