This Week's Question: How are You Holding Up?

This question is mostly related to the bloodbath in the markets (aka how are your accounts doing? How are YOU doing?) but if you would also like to answer from a different perspective, that’s perfectly fine, too!

Personally, it’s not been too bad for me. Just don’t ask about crypto trading! The FUD out there can be unnerving though but you know what they say: The time to buy is when there’s blood in the… tweets? Ha.

How about you? How are you doing these days?

4 Likes

My account is green, I made many tests to decrease risk in bad time, I like good sleep :wink:

4 Likes

There’s still big uncertainty looming around the crypto & so investing in it is last choice for me. When I came to know about bitcoin, it was below 500 & in some years it hit 50K. I don’t repent on the missed oppurtunity because it could have gone anywhere. The same is the case now also. Everything is fine for me as long as I enjoy the process of learning retail trading. I have improved from a losing trader,the one who loses the deposit, to a breakeven trader, the one who can keep the deposit amount safe & this is a big improvement & this is the current status of my trading.

4 Likes

As long as I don’t look at my crypto portfolio I am fine…

3 Likes

Looking at the long term so just riding the waves.

3 Likes

I’m learning my lessons and running in my own lane.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!

What was your turning point?

Not too bad considering
Up overall but like others Crypto portfolio looks battered lol

1 Like

The moment I realised the long term trend can blast through any supply or demand zones

1 Like

And how did you find out? Your own analysis? Did you watch a video?

I’m guess you had an “a-ha” moment when analyzing your trades.

I had taken the position long (no pun intended) ago that this crypto business was not to my liking due to the immense degree of uncertainty surrounding it. I still hold that position and will stay in my slow lane.
I will repeat something for the young traders out there and I hope you will take it seriously…
TRADING IS LIKE MINING GRANITE, IT IS NOT HUNTING FOR BIG KARAT DIAMONDS.
Go figure.

1 Like

Honestly speaking - this January was the worst performance ever.
A catastrophic behavior of indices costed me approx. 300 EUR loss this month. But also the “Master-Gambler” Jesse Livermore lost often lots of money… :sunglasses:

Absolutely right. And if you`re risking only what you can afford to lose then all is perfect.

1 Like

I have steered clear of crypto for the last few months except for my Chia farming. What’s driving me crazy is how boring many of the 4H charts on the majors have been lately. My current bots are looking for inside bar setups of a certain size in the presence of a threshold ADX and it just hasn’t been happening. I must summon patience.

There’s a small recovery Crypto although could be a pullback.
Great time for people with spare cash flow to buy up some discount coins

Yup! Now if only we all have said spare cash!

I’ve not looked at mine but I still look at charts… prob the same thing. Le sigh

ah yh still a :frowning: right now

HA! Finally :slight_smile:
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.25.56 PM

2 Likes